NFL Network to replay Snow Game

JÂy RÛßeÒ

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And why do you assume we make it in that tough footing? Those conditions through all the analytics out the window. I would have punted too. I would have banked on a turnover deep in the Colts end instead of risking a 4th down.

LOL ok 

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So is automatically going for it on 4th down without taking everything into consideration.

Only one thing needs to be taken into consideration: 

There is FOUR FREAKING MINUTES LEFT IN YOUR SEASON AND YOU HAVE TO SCORE NOW!

That's all that mattered in that situation. 

3 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Only one thing needs to be taken into consideration: 

There is FOUR FREAKING MINUTES LEFT IN YOUR SEASON AND YOU HAVE TO SCORE NOW!

That's all that mattered in that situation. 

And they did...and they won. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/19/2018 at 8:33 PM, Green Lightning said:

That damn game made me lose my temper for the first time this past season. I swore I keep calm, but it was just such an asinine, Billsy game I couldn't stand it. The last thing I want to do is rewatch it.

What on Earth are you talking about?

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And they did...and they won. 

and we're back to results-oriented thinking. Just because it worked doesn't mean it was the +EV play. That's the point. I want a coach who knows when to go for it. He obviously didn't know, and it worked out. Hooray. 

So instead of relying on one of the best backs in the league to gain one yard, we had to rely on:

• The Colts dropping passes to not extend their possession
  • The Colts punting when they had no reason to do so - what was the point in their punting, from their POV? Bad coaching on both sides!
  • Joe Freakin' Webb throwing a bomb in a snowstorm to Deonte Thompson
  • Shady breaking free on a 3rd and long, when you just knew they were going to go for a long FG - in a snowstorm - if he didn't make the first down

Yeah. Let's rely on all this to get back to the playoffs again. Oh, and Andy Dalton, too. Don't forget him. :rolleyes:

Edited by Domdab99

13 minutes ago, MJS said:

What on Earth are you talking about?

Oh, the game the Bills tried to give away time and time again. Giving up a touchdown and a two-point conversion at the last minute, only to have a bizare penalty save their bacon. Yeah that stupid Billsy game that's what I'm talking about. Did you watch it?

16 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

and we're back to results-oriented thinking. Just because it worked doesn't mean it was the +EV play. That's the point. I want a coach who knows when to go for it. He obviously didn't know, and it worked out. Hooray. 

So instead of relying on one of the best backs in the league to gain one yard, we had to rely on:

• The Colts dropping passes to not extend their possession
  • The Colts punting when they had no reason to do so - what was the point in their punting, from their POV? Bad coaching on both sides!
  • Joe Freakin' Webb throwing a bomb in a snowstorm to Deonte Thompson
  • Shady breaking free on a 3rd and long, when you just knew they were going to go for a long FG - in a snowstorm - if he didn't make the first down

Yeah. Let's rely on all this to get back to the playoffs again. Oh, and Andy Dalton, too. Don't forget him. :rolleyes:

Okay. You win the Internet. I'm done arguing.

2 hours ago, ricojes said:

I was there, and It was a lot of fun.  But I think the "Let it snow" game in 2002 against Miami was the best snow game ever at the stadium.  Of course it didn't snow as much as this past year, but it still sucked driving home afterwards!   Ricky Williams ran for 220+ and scored right in front of our seats.  There's a good pic of me swatting him on the shoulder pads, I'll see if I can dig that one up..

Found it, love the interwebs!

Have to slow it down or pause it, but you can see him start to duck as there were a few of us waiting to unload on him.  I am the one in red.  He got out of there quick!

I sincerely hope the great memories of the colts game, hold up as well as the memories of that 2002 dolphins game. At least in the dolphins game, they were still able to play football like normal. High scoring game, Jim Kelly hugging Pierless Price after a touchdown. Moulds catching a touchdown after it bounced off a dolphins arm. So many big plays. I wasn't at the dolphins game. I was at the colts game. I love snow games, but if the bills build a dome some day, we will hold onto these two games as some of the best days at the ralph.

7 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Oh, the game the Bills tried to give away time and time again. Giving up a touchdown and a two-point conversion at the last minute, only to have a bizare penalty save their bacon. Yeah that stupid Billsy game that's what I'm talking about. Did you watch it?

Yep, and it was an awesome game. A game they won.

Man, if you can't handle wins I hate to see how you act after a loss. Maybe football isn't for you.

9 hours ago, MJS said:

Yep, and it was an awesome game. A game they won.

Man, if you can't handle wins I hate to see how you act after a loss. Maybe football isn't for you.

I followed all the Bills since 1963 smart ass. I've watched that game or or one like it, played repeatedly by the Bills over the last 53 years. Sometimes watching them pissing away games gets to you. Talk to me when you got some years under your belt jr.

11 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

I followed all the Bills since 1963 smart ass. I've watched that game or or one like it, played repeatedly by the Bills over the last 53 years. Sometimes watching them pissing away games gets to you. Talk to me when you got some years under your belt jr.

Being an old fart certainly makes you better than me and everyone else. Good point.

50 minutes ago, MJS said:

Being an old fart certainly makes you better than me and everyone else. Good point.

Where did you read better in any of that? Just been around longer and see more heartbreaking Bills losses in my life. So I reserve the right to get pissed off every now and again when I see the same movie play out. Try reading the words that are there and not adding editorial content that doesn't exist.

Edited by Green Lightning