The Bills NEED to go all in on getting Saquan Barkley

SAFTB

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

That is fair. I think Barkley can be special too. I was just a bit higher on Zeke.... though ironically I actually thought the Cowboys should have picked Jalen Ramsey (who has the highest grade of anyone in the years I have been doing it) at #4..... but it has worked out for Dallas and Jacksonville so no sure either would do it any differently. 

Yeah, I was in the exact same mindset!  I thought Dallas already had McFadden (serviceable in complimentary role at the time) and you just signed Alfred Morris who should be able to be a productive back behind that OL.  Felt they really needed to go with defense there and Ramsey was the guy I loved too.  Wasn't a knock on Zeke, just felt they were at least solid at RB with a great OL already, but the D was awful, especially the secondary.  

If I was the Cowboys today and could back and do it all over again, I would still take Ramsey over Zeke.  You can find a back to be good behind that OL fairly easily but its a lot harder to find an Elite talent like Ramsey who is already one of the best corners in all of football.  Zeke is awesome, but I think Ramsey would still be the better choice personally as they could have grabbed a number of backs in last years draft that would have been great in Dallas too and still had Ramsey anchoring the secondary.

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, I was in the exact same mindset!  I thought Dallas already had McFadden (serviceable in complimentary role at the time) and you just signed Alfred Morris who should be able to be a productive back behind that OL.  Felt they really needed to go with defense there and Ramsey was the guy I loved too.  Wasn't a knock on Zeke, just felt they were at least solid at RB with a great OL already, but the D was awful, especially the secondary.  

If I was the Cowboys today and could back and do it all over again, I would still take Ramsey over Zeke.  You can find a back to be good behind that OL fairly easily but its a lot harder to find an Elite talent like Ramsey who is already one of the best corners in all of football.  Zeke is awesome, but I think Ramsey would still be the better choice personally as they could have grabbed a number of backs in last years draft that would have been great in Dallas too and still had Ramsey anchoring the secondary.

Yea me too.  I'd take Ramsey #3 in that draft.... as good as Bosa is and then I'd take him #4 as good as Zeke is.  But I don't think you can say it turned out too bad for any of those teams.  That 2016 top 5 looks pretty stellar at this point, two seasons in.  

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea me too.  I'd take Ramsey #3 in that draft.... as good as Bosa is and then I'd take him #4 as good as Zeke is.  But I don't think you can say it turned out too bad for any of those teams.  That 2016 top 5 looks pretty stellar at this point, two seasons in.  

Yeah totally agree...well assuming Zeke gets back on track and stays out of trouble at least.  But overall, I am sure Dallas feels pretty good about having him and Chargers feel pretty good about Bosa.  And what a great question to ponder, who would you take at #3 if you were the Chargers if you could go back and redraft.   I mean you can't really make a case against either of them and I am sure both Jax and LAC feel they got the right guy.  

I think I if I was LAC I would still go Bosa at #3 in a very very very narrow margin over Ramsey.  And its has more to do with the fact that Bosa has the ability to be impactful more as an individual where as a CB's ability to be successful is impacted on how good or bad the front 7 is.  So I think Bosa was the better fit for LAC at that time because he would have a little bigger impact on that team than Ramsey likely makes.  And if I am Jax (and both Ramsey and Bosa were on the board at their pick), Ramsey is the guy I take still because they already had some talent in the front 7 and Ramsey is probably the guy who makes the bigger impact on that roster.  

When building the defense, you should always start in the trenches first, so Bosa is the narrow choice for me on the LAC at #3.