Bucky Brooks: Ranking of the Top 5 Draft Prospects for Each Position

18 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

I respect your opinion. I originally felt the same way. After watching a lot more tape I see a player with a extremely high ceiling!! Just my opinion 

Its funny because after watching yesterday's clip, it was hard not to like about a great many things he does physically.  Maybe I'm in the minority in this one, he has a throwing style very similar to one Michael Vick.  Not saying thats a knock on him at all, just wondering if anyone else felt the same....

Edited by smuvtalker

• 1 month later...
Just now, peterpan said:

Seems like some pretty accurate rankings for QB.  Depending on how the chips fall, I can see 2-3 of those top 5 falling outside the top 10 and into the 20s or so. 

Can't see that happening at all.  Too little supply with too much demand. 

12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Can't see that happening at all.  Too little supply with too much demand. 

You think the media is driving any of it? We all think these guys are amazing but teams might not.  Mel Kiper thought clausen was gonna be a hall of famer 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Oh really?  How do you figure that?

Jets and cle right now in the top ten only need a qb. No trades have happened.  Den has a qb but may want to take a guy. I’m just saying this qb hype is getting outta hand and we’ve seen in the past plenty of times guys get hyped and fall and fail like many thought they would

Hmmm not a Brooks fan...but no Mason Rudolph again. Hmmmmm. He's not is DJ's top fifty players either. Weird that guys who worked as scouts in the NFL and have tons of connections are completely whiffing on Rudolph. Really strange. ;)

Edited by MrEpsYtown

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Jets and cle right now in the top ten only need a qb. No trades have happened.  Den has a qb but may want to take a guy. I’m just saying this qb hype is getting outta hand and we’ve seen in the past plenty of times guys get hyped and fall and fail like many thought they would

The Giants need a long term replacement for Eli and the Broncos have no long term QB with Keenum on a 2 year deal.  Beyond them, the problem isn't who currently holds top ten picks, it's the teams that do have a need trading up. 

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I was surprised the Jets trade went down already. I ddin’t expect anything until draft day, but I do expect more trades. I think Denver still wants a QB, and the Giants would be well advised to get the next guy while they have the opportunity. Arizona may very well want to move up. I glad we have so much ammo because this is one position we need to get right! It’s all so QB driven now that a bunch of really good football players will drop into the laps of teams that aren’t starved for a Franchise QB. 

But I don’t know squat, so......   :)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Giants need a long term replacement for Eli and the Broncos have no long term QB with Keenum on a 2 year deal.  Beyond them, the problem isn't who currently holds top ten picks, it's the teams that do have a need trading up. 

Sure they would like those players but the giants have other needs as well as do the broncos. This qb hype is getting nutty and if I asked ten scouts who the top qb is I’d get 12 different answers.

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I was surprised the Jets trade went down already. I ddin’t expect anything until draft day, but I do expect more trades. I think Denver still wants a QB, and the Giants would be well advised to get the next guy while they have the opportunity. Arizona may very well want to move up. I glad we have so much ammo because this is one position we need to get right! It’s all so QB driven now that a bunch of really good football players will drop into the laps of teams that aren’t starved for a Franchise QB. 

But I don’t know squat, so......   :)

They may want to, but their pick is even lower than ours, they don’t have the draft capital to compete, and they are paying both Bradford AND Glennon.

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

Sure they would like those players but the giants have other needs as well as do the broncos. This qb hype is getting nutty and if I asked ten scouts who the top qb is I’d get 12 different answers.

There is still a consensus top 4 regardless of order. 

Just now, aristocrat said:

Top four qbs but they are not the top four prospects. That’s why teams may skip qbs

Since when does that matter with the dearth of quality QBs in the league. 

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Tons of mocks had him going very early. 

Cite them.