Buffalo Bills or Buffalo Sabres...

What will happen 1st, a Super Bowl title or a Stanley Cup Championship?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen 1st, a Super Bowl title or a Stanley Cup Championship?

• Buffalo Bills- Super Bowl Champs
    • Buffalo Sabres- Stanley Cup Champs

Just a side note: Notice I did not say who would win a Championship 1st, because I clearly recognize the Buffalo Bills won 2 AFC Titles....

Thinking about this further, it may not be as clear of a choice as one might think: When there was hockey, the 2 teams that made the Finals had lower payrolls then the Sabres, it can be done. Currently both the Bills and the Sabres have bright futures IMO, just was curious to see what you all thought...

I really don't think i will know what to do if the Bills ever win it. I really don't. I've waited for it my whole life, there are guys on here who have waited twice that long.

What will we do? I mean, after the week of drunken parades, and snow angels, and having a permanent smile on our faces - then what? Is it going to be as special to be a Bills fan anymore after that? I mean, once you have that Championship, it seems like the next one wouldn't be quite as special (despite what Tom Brady says).

I want to find out how it will feel to win the super bowl. I'm just a bit curious as to how everything will feel afterward. . .

It could be 30 years before either happens. I'd say if there is a chance in the near future, the Bills have the edge. They are close to being a contender. The Sabres, prior to the lockout, were a very young and laregely inexperienced team that showed some promise, but they were further away. Hard to believe how close both teams got at one point with Wide Right and No Goal. Rats.

What will we do? I mean, after the week of drunken parades, and snow angels, and having a permanent smile on our faces - then what? Is it going to be as special to be a Bills fan anymore after that? I mean, once you have that Championship, it seems like the next one wouldn't be quite as special (despite what Tom Brady says).

269570[/snapback]

I don't know the answer to that, but I'd like to find out. I'm tired of almost and pretty good. I want to see excellence on the field for a change.

I really don't think i will know what to do if the Bills ever win it. I really don't. I've waited for it my whole life, there are guys on here who have waited twice that long.

I want to find out how it will feel to win the super bowl. I'm just a bit curious as to how everything will feel afterward. . .

269570[/snapback]

You know, I will be very happy if the Bills ever win a Super Bow... I have been watching them for about 33 seasons (since I was 7!)...but, and I know this might not be a popular opinion, I think it would have meant more if they had won it in the early 90's, than now...again, I will be super happy if they win, but the way things are now, the business end of sports have made me a bit more cynical about them...I listen to sports talk radio, and here Bucs fans call in and say "why do the Bucs suck so hard, why can't this franchise attract any free agents, yadda, yadda, yadda...." They forget that they just won the damn thing a few years ago. If the Bills had won one of those SB's in the early 90's it would have had more resonance, I think, for me...they can never take those years away from us, even if those teams are less respected as time passes. Ask yourself, what would be better, having a 4 year stretch like we had, with no championships, or having one abberation year where things fall into place, and your team wins a championship, only to fade back into oblivion the next year?

It could be 30 years before either happens. I'd say if there is a chance in the near future, the Bills have the edge. They are close to being a contender. The Sabres, prior to the lockout, were a very young and laregely inexperienced team that showed some promise, but they were further away.  Hard to believe how close both teams got at one point with Wide Right and No Goal.  Rats.

269586[/snapback]

I'll forgive you because you are in SF. But if there would have been a season this year, Buffalo would have been a favorite. They had their entire roster minus Zhitnik signed and all the young guys are so young anymore. They are getting into their peak years. Both teams have a chance in the coming years. One or two great players in the right places can make a HUGE difference.

Just a side note:  Notice I did not say who would win a Championship 1st, because I clearly recognize the Buffalo Bills won 2 AFC Titles....

Thinking about this further, it may not be as clear of a choice as one might think:  When there was hockey, the 2 teams that made the Finals had lower payrolls then the Sabres, it can be done.  Currently both the Bills and the Sabres have bright futures IMO, just was curious to see what you all thought...

269549[/snapback]

UH first the Bills one 4 Straight AFC Titles and oh by the way won AFL championship TWICE!!!!

You know, I will be very happy if the Bills ever win a Super Bow... I have been watching them for about 33 seasons (since I was 7!)...but, and I know this might not be a popular opinion, I think it would have meant more if they had won it in the early 90's, than now...again, I will be super happy if they win, but the way things are now, the business end of sports have made me a bit more cynical about them...I listen to sports talk radio, and here Bucs fans call in and say "why do the Bucs suck so hard, why can't this franchise attract any free agents, yadda, yadda, yadda...." They forget that they just won the damn thing a few years ago. If the Bills had won one of those SB's in the early 90's it would have had more resonance, I think, for me...they can never take those years away from us, even if those teams are less respected as time passes.  Ask yourself, what would be better, having a 4 year stretch like we had, with no championships, or having one abberation year where things fall into place, and your team wins a championship, only to fade back into oblivion the next year?

269993[/snapback]

I agree to a certain extent. I think the relationship that the players and fans had is far different today than it was 12 years ago. The fans will always support the team, but it was really different. The players loved the organization, the players loved the city and fans, they loved Ralph. Its not that i don't see it in our current players, but its different. Our players from the early 90's bled red white and blue, our current players don't have that same feel to me. They are competing because thats what they love; they are in Buffalo to win a championship. Still it doesn't seem like they embrace the city the way the old school players did, or maybe the fans haven't embraced the players in the same way.

There was a core of the team that had been together for several years in the late 80's. They had been together for four or five years as friends and teammates before they started the superbowl era. Today we look at our leaders and stars... they aren't the same. We have TKO, Fletcher, WM, JPL, LE, TV. Some are too young to really have taken the area by storm the way the big three of those years had. Some are free agents who have only been here a few years and don't feel as strong a connection to the city as those who had been here for four or five years.

I left out two names, Moulds and Clements. They seem to be players that are made of the old cloth. They are players that i feel represent the organization's history in the way they carry themselves and the way they play on the field. Moulds in particular. There was a post the other day discussing the pride he takes in wearing a Bills uniform, and the history of the players that come before them. I don't know if others in that locker room truly feel the same way about the Bills' history. Does Lee Evans put on his jersey and think of Dre once in a while? Does JP say he is proud to be the QB we have been looking for since JK retired? or is he just happy to be starting in the NFL?

Athletes born in the mid-60's are far different than athletes born in the late 70's. Just have a different feel to them, the way the approach the game, play the game, interact when outside the game.

Just a peice of my mind.

I agree to a certain extent.  I think the relationship that the players and fans had is far different today than it was 12 years ago.  The fans will always support the team, but it was really different.  The players loved the organization, the players loved the city and fans, they loved Ralph.  Its not that i don't see it in our current players, but its different.  Our players from the early 90's bled red white and blue, our current players don't have that same feel to me.  They are competing because thats what they love; they are in Buffalo to win a championship.  Still it doesn't seem like they embrace the city the way the old school players did, or maybe the fans haven't embraced the players in the same way. 

There was a core of the team that had been together for several years in the late 80's.  They had been together for four or five years as friends and teammates before they started the superbowl era.  Today we look at our leaders and stars... they aren't the same.  We have TKO, Fletcher, WM, JPL, LE, TV.  Some are too young to really have taken the area by storm the way the big three of those years had.  Some are free agents who have only been here a few years and don't feel as strong a connection to the city as those who had been here for four or five years. 

I left out two names, Moulds and Clements.  They seem to be players that are made of the old cloth.  They are players that i feel represent the organization's history in the way they carry themselves and the way they play on the field.  Moulds in particular.  There was a post the other day discussing the pride he takes in wearing a Bills uniform, and the history of the players that come before them.  I don't know if others in that locker room truly feel the same way about the Bills' history.  Does Lee Evans put on his jersey and think of Dre once in a while?  Does JP say he is proud to be the QB we have been looking for since JK retired? or is he just happy to be starting in the NFL? 

Athletes born in the mid-60's are far different than athletes born in the late 70's.  Just have a different feel to them, the way the approach the game, play the game, interact when outside the game. 

Just a peice of my mind.

270104[/snapback]

Great post, what I was trying to say, but much more eloequent! :devil:

Sabres cause they'll probably have SCABS next year & anything can happen with replacement players.

269742[/snapback]

You put the current Rochester team in Sabres uniforms next year, against scabs, and it might be really interesting. Of course, no one knows how many NHL regulars will jump the picket line once the ice, and their feet, get cold.

Bills.......simply because Larry Quinn is once again associated with the Sabres. His concern is style....and substance gets thrown out the window.

Also, we do not know what the economic situation of the NHL will be in the near future.

On the other hand, both teams have a nice collection of young talent.