Fred Smerlas Has Become A Patriot Apologist

BuffaloRush

9 hours ago, jr1 said:

he's gushed over the Pats for years during his segments on Bob Matthews' show

Give Smerlas ten years after the Pats have been down and hopeless for as long.  If the Bills show anything close to success Smerlas will be back on the WNY bandwagon.  BTW he holds grudges for a long time and most likely is still miffed at the Bills for putting him out to pasture in favor of Jeff Wright.  Had he not been so colorful he might have stuck for the first Bills SB and he might have been a difference maker.  I guess you either loved him or hated him as another player in that locker room.  His style flew better with Knox than with Levy.

9 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Fred is from Massachusetts originally so I’m assuming he was brought up a pats fan

not to mention he went to boston college and finished his playing career for the pats.

his book" by a nose" written with vic c. is pretty cool.

i like fred and i like and his time on with bob matthews.

a good trivia question...who blocked a last second fg attempt to get the bills to their first playoff game of the kelly era?

Edited by billsredneck1

Fred grew up in New England, and went to Boston College. So it's normal for him to be pro-Patriots, but as for his being a Bill, he loved it. He used to wear a Bills t-shirt underneath his 49er/Patriot uniforms when he played there. 

19 minutes ago, bleve said:

Fred grew up in New England, and went to Boston College. So it's normal for him to be pro-Patriots, but as for his being a Bill, he loved it. He used to wear a Bills t-shirt underneath his 49er/Patriot uniforms when he played there. 

5x pro bowl nt for da bills....