The Nick Foles Trick Play Came from His High School Days

I have been screaming for the Bills to do plays like this for years even before TT, EJ and all the other recent dreck at QB. The Marchibroda offenses did stuff like this all the time. All I have ever heard from the purists on here is "oh that's a gadget play, not real football" or "Our QB's aren't good enough to run it" etc. Well an almost career backup just executed it perfectly. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Livinginthepast said:

I have been screaming for the Bills to do plays like this for years even before TT, EJ and all the other recent dreck at QB. The Marchibroda offenses did stuff like this all the time. All I have ever heard from the purists on here is "oh that's a gadget play, not real football" or "Our QB's aren't good enough to run it" etc. Well an almost career backup just executed it perfectly. 

Could Nick O'Leary execute an on target throw?

That was such a good play call. Pats* were stunned. Pederson kept them on their heels all game. 

Its the year of the QB. From the amount of Rookies in the draft, to the available FA QBs, to the servicable back ups stashed on other teams depth chart like Foles,

McCarron, Landry Jones, etc...

Just now, Livinginthepast said:

Just try it, just try anything innovative, cool. Dennison was so afraid to do anything complex. 

I'm all for plays like this as long as the team has personnel to pull it off.  I hope McDermott learned a thing or two from Pederson tonight with regard to aggressiveness on offense. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'm all for plays like this as long as the team has personnel to pull it off.  I hope McDermott learned a thing or two from Pederson tonight with regard to aggressiveness on offense. 

Every single RB, WR or TE in the league can throw a 15 yard pass to a wide open QB in the endzone.

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It's different if you are throwing a 40 yard pass.

Randal El and Robert New house cold and did in Super Bowls.  Dan Reeves also threw one in the Ice Bowl.

2 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

A-freakin'- Men my brother. Those kind of plays work down there but We rarely do it. Good teams do it though.  Like the one where you go with the Jumbo package, 3 TEs, a FB. Fake the handoff. TE stays in to block and falls down. Then sneaks in the EZ. Or the TE runs behind the line and flares out.  

3 hours ago, SDS said:

And yet Frank Reich just said they took it from Chicago when they played the Vikings in 2016. 

I believe Frank.

Maybe out was both?