Philly is on Fire! - Parade is on Thursday

1 minute ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Not sure who will be working in Philly tomorrow, at least till noon anyway :D

I know if it was here, they would find me running down Delaware naked

I don’t work IN town, but I have to drive through it. It isn’t fun. 

1 hour ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Oh. I was thinking you would do something different for a change. :I

Last time was when you won a free Mighty Taco wasn't it?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Are they still making Its always sunny in Philadelphia?

If not they need to make a special or an effin movie off this night.

Yep. I think it has at least one more year after it airs in 2018. I think they already have the season done that will air this year but not sure.

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yep. I think it has at least one more year after it airs in 2018. I think they already have the season done that will air this year but not sure.

I haven't followed it the last few years, I'll get around to it but damn I love that show.

Thanks for the info.

2 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I haven't followed it the last few years, I'll get around to it but damn I love that show.

Thanks for the info.

Great, great show. Consistently funny with just a basic, limited concept, just four terrific characters and great writing.

Fun fact: With the 13th and 14th year renewal,  2018 and 2019, “It’s Always Sunny” is set tie “The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet,” which ran for 14 seasons, for the most seasons by a live-action television comedy.

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Great, great show. Consistently funny with just a basic, limited concept, just four terrific characters and great writing.

Fun fact: With the 13th and 14th year renewal,  2018 and 2019, “It’s Always Sunny” is set tie “The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet,” which ran for 14 seasons, for the most seasons by a live-action television comedy.

Good to know, it's always reminded me of a poor man's Curb. The way it's structured and how I believe they all come from a stand up/improvisational back ground. I could be wrong on that too, I just watch that show and always wonder what's improvised and what's written. I don't do that with a lot of shows but that one always interested me in the process of how they make it.

Can't say I'm familiar with the adventures of Ozzie and Harriet though.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

11 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Good to know, it's always reminded me of a poor man's Curb. The way it's structured and how I believe they all come from a stand up/improvisational back ground. I could be wrong on that too, I just watch that show and always wonder what's improvised and what's written. I don't do that with a lot of shows but that one always interested me in the process of how they make it.

Can't say I'm familiar with the adventures of Ozzie and Harriet though.

Ozzie and Harriet was a 60s show like Leave it to Beaver or Father Knows Best. They were married in real life, Ozzie and Harriet Nelson and had two kids, who were their kids on the show, one of whom, Ricky Nelson became a teen idol pop star in the 60s and 70s with a couple big hits.

Sunny was just a short film idea from "Mac" and "Dennis" on the show, who then made a pilot with Charlie Day for zero money and then, incredibly, sold it and got a show made. But I imagine, like you, that a lot of it is improvised, especially because the episodes usually have a very rambling structure. I have a friend who works on it (a Bills fan), I should ask him.

I don't think any of them were standups. They were actors who just by chance met each other and made up the show.

19 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Ozzie and Harriet was a 60s show like Leave it to Beaver or Father Knows Best. They were married in real life, Ozzie and Harriet Nelson and had two kids, who were their kids on the show, one of whom, Ricky Nelson became a teen idol pop star in the 60s and 70s with a couple big hits.

Sunny was just a short film idea from "Mac" and "Dennis" on the show, who then made a pilot with Charlie Day for zero money and then, incredibly, sold it and got a show made. But I imagine, like you, that a lot of it is improvised, especially because the episodes usually have a very rambling structure. I have a friend who works on it (a Bills fan), I should ask him.

I don't think any of them were standups. They were actors who just by chance met each other and made up the show.

Really? I for some reason thought they all had some background in stand up and a lot of improvisational work. I guess because Dee has a character on curb, which she might just get written material on there, and they have an episode where Charlie and Dee both attempt stand up. Add into that Charlie day gets the creative credit and "Dee" is married to "Mac", it's easier just to call them Dee and Mac rather than Kaitlin and Rob even though it's lazy. Anyways I probably just reached and assumed they all came from that background. I just connected a lot of dots probably incorrectly.

That's cool you have a buddy who works on the show, it really is a great show. If you ever find out anything about how they go about making, that stuff always interests me, I'd love hearing about it. We've really hijacked this thread. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

2 hours ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

That is good enough reason for NFL to disallow Buffalo to ever win Superbowl!

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

They are exorcising their demons :D

They should be burning Boston instead.  Make it traditional and wear Indian war paint.