Biggest Reason I want Kyle Williams Back

I fully expect a DT drafted within the first 5 picks and maybe two overall in the draft.  Kyle is past his best playing days but that doesn't mean his experience and tricks wouldn't be helpful to the young DTs that are transitioning to the NFL (if we draft them).  I wouldn't mind giving him a one year deal that has a decent salary to be in rotation with the young guys and help them learn.  We have enough cap, we don't need to cut every single player on the team with a decent sized cap number.  Plus, his leadership in the locker room, especially with possibly another big roster turnover is really important.  Our locker room came back together after falling apart a bit this year and I think that is a testament to the quality veteran leaders like Kyle.  Here's to hoping Kyle Williams is with us next year.  

Edited by Buffalo30
  • Like (+1) 1

depends what he's going to be paid and what free agents are out there (if any) that could help the team more for the money. 

hard to imagine anyone having more impact but i havent seen the free agent list recently, sometimes you have to release these vets to get younger and better.   if we can trade Glenn and TT, we'll have about $48m total to play with, and could make a huge splash in free agency. 

46 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Because he can still play.

...I think he still can....so now here is your two prong question assuming one more year:

1. Would he be a starter and what is your contract offer? He's coming off an $8.3 mil/yr deal.

2. If he is a rotational player, again, what is your contract offer?

...I will hang up and wait for your answer...............

4 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

Don't need an entire paragraph as to why anybody wants kw back.

If you don't want him back at least next year, I'm not sure you are a real bills fan to begin with.

Well, some fans want to spend free agent money on QBs and Star Lotulelei and other names.  That takes big cash probably means Williams doesn't come back with a decent salary.  It is certainly a debate in my opinion, especially if you are expecting a lot of guys to be paid in free agency not only other team's guys but some of our own.  We have a ton of holes.  Cap room must be spent wisely. If we get a QB at any level of play that isn't through the draft, it will cost us a lot of money.  There's a lot of factors to take into consideration here.  Whether to resign Kyle or not is certainly in that conversation.  That's why I wrote a paragraph about his importance as a leader and mentor to young guys.  

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I think he still can....so now here is your two prong question assuming one more year:

1. Would he be a starter and what is your contract offer? He's coming off an $8.3 mil/yr deal.

2. If he is a rotational player, again, what is your contract offer?

...I will hang up and wait for your answer...............

Starts/10 mill

1 hour ago, Buffalo30 said:

Well, some fans want to spend free agent money on QBs and Star Lotulelei and other names.  That takes big cash probably means Williams doesn't come back with a decent salary.  It is certainly a debate in my opinion, especially if you are expecting a lot of guys to be paid in free agency not only other team's guys but some of our own.  We have a ton of holes.  Cap room must be spent wisely. If we get a QB at any level of play that isn't through the draft, it will cost us a lot of money.  There's a lot of factors to take into consideration here.  Whether to resign Kyle or not is certainly in that conversation.  That's why I wrote a paragraph about his importance as a leader and mentor to young guys.  

I agree.  I think you get a stud DT in the draft, a rotational guy in FA, and bring back KW and start him.  My guess is he is back and starts.  

Also, I want to see him at FB near the goal-line!  

Edited by RyanC883

1 hour ago, Buffalo30 said:

Would absolutely offer star something if McDermott wants him, and is projected at like 6-8mil a year.

He's worth a look.

Williams, if he wants to stay, should be something like 1 year 7-10mil.

I know we have a lot of holes, but DT is one of them.

If you have a shot at a guy like star for a reasonable price, I would go for it.

5 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

Don't need an entire paragraph as to why anybody wants kw back.

If you don't want him back at least next year, I'm not sure you are a real bills fan to begin with.

After seeing those speeches in the “Drought” documentary, I’d want him back just for that...he’s a natural and it gave me chills hearing him speak.

• Like (+1) 1

Leader ? heck yes. Maybe The Leader. I am biased though. He is my favorite Bills, and has been for many years.
I wish Bills to draft D line once and again and find an early down behemoth who will need double teaming. How they get that fellow is no matter.
Kyle takes a pay cut and becomes a rotational Tackle for two years. we all have our visions.