Report: Browns Add Scot McCloughan to the Front Office

Could be a bad thing for the Baker Mayfield fanboys like myself.

The radio host listed off a few of the notable names (Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Luke Falk), and then asked McCloughan directly, “You gotta pick one quarterback to lead your franchise, Scott, who’s it gonna be?”

Without missing a beat, McCloughan said Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield. McCloughan had this to say about Mayfield.

“He reminds me of a shorter version of Brett Favre. Tough guy. He can throw it. And he’s very confident, and he’s not afraid whatsoever, whatsoever. He’s a battler. I know saying Brett Favre’s a big name, and I was around him for a while, but this guy’s got talent. Every guy you mention has talent. I’ve already said I think three guys go in the top ten, I think five go in the first round.”

https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/10/18/16492682/scot-mccloughan-2018-nfl-draft-quarterback-franchise-baker-mayfield

6 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Browns owner now needs to just have patience.

They have assembled an excellent front office with Dorsey, Wolf, Highsmith, and now McCloughan.  You combine that with 12 picks in the '18 draft and $100M+ in cap space they could quickly become a force in the AFC. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They have assembled an excellent front office with Dorsey, Wolf, Highsmith, and now McCloughan.  You combine that with 12 picks in the '18 draft and $100M+ in cap space they could quickly become a force in the AFC. 

They need to do something with that coaching staff. They are horrible.

8 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

..... and the guy who built the Redskins recently.......

He was GM for 2 seasons.

This poor guy knows a lot of people.  He's been terminated or resigned from 3 different teams for the same problem.

5 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

They brought this guy in for a reason, so I wouldn't discount it be more a democracy than a communist type situation with Dorsey being the dictator

He's going to help scout...

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Hue might well be a short timer.  They'll be able to attract good coaches given their situation. 

It's about GM/HC relationships now days and KC's staff has been picked apart already.

They should have made the change this year and brought in Nagy.