QB: Mike White WKU

1 minute ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Based on there is about 8 worthy QBs of being drafted in the top 3 rounds. To ensure they get someone worthy they will reach with the pick from the Rams. Instead of waiting til 3/4 the way in round 3.

Bills will still get a Vet QB, let Peterman and Rookie battle for Backup.

We'll see if your projections come to fruition.  I believe the Beane will place a lot higher priority than waiting until the 2nd to overdraft a project QB. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Doubt it. They both look like projects with White in the 4th or 5th and Falk between rounds 5 and 7 IMO.

Falk is PAC12 all time leader in passing yards, he’s got talent and showed pretty well this week in mobile. I’m just assuming teams reach for these guys as they always do. 

I just feel the Bills are eye balling one of these 3rd round type guys and they’re gonna pull the trigger.

Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield And Maybe Rudolph go rd 1. 

Jackson early rd 2

That leaves White, Falk and maybe Ferguson. Lauletta shortly after.

i just don’t see there not being a QB drafted for over 2 full rounds, and the Bills getting their pick of those 4. Couple of those guys go in the 3rd. Meaning Bills pull the trigger rd 2. With the 7th QB drafted.

17 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

IMO your based off is off base.  He doesn't look like a 2nd round talent to me, but we'll see. 

Well, we are even then because I think you are way off base.  Opinions on QB's are all over the place right now, time will tell. 

Mayock seems pretty enamored with him

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I think our last pick in the 2nd will be a QB.

I also think we trade pick 21 for an early 2nd, a 3rd round comp pick and a 3rd in 2019 draft.

Draft Harrison Phillips at 22. That leaves Bills with three 2nd round picks and two 3rd round picks.

I’d be willing to wager anything that won’t happen

On 1/25/2018 at 10:54 AM, DCOrange said:

I've watched a few games of his. He certainly has the physical tools you look for in a developmental guy. However, his ball placement is very inconsistent and he seems to take a long time to process what's happening around him. I'd be fine taking a chance on him in like the 6th or 7th round, but I prefer a handful of other guys once we get past the 1st round guys. Eliminating the guys that I view as 1st rounders (Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, and Lamar), I'd go with:

1. Kyle Lauletta

2. Logan Woodside

3. Luke Falk

4. Mason Rudolph

5. Chase Litton

6. Riley Ferguson

7. Kurt Benkert

8. Mike White

I think you need to change your Rankings. Mike White looked fantastic today. I started watching his tape, he looks like a 2nd-3rd round prospect. How can you not like accuracy and a big arm? 

I like Rudolph and White in the second or third round, Falk and Lauletta in the fourth, and Woodside, Benkert, and Litton in the 5th-7th. 

Also I would much draft anyone of those guys rather than wasting picks to move up to take one of the QBs in the first. The drop off is pretty minimal in my opinion. 

20 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I’d be willing to wager anything that won’t happen

I wouldn't be to sure of that. Harrison Phillips is a Sean McDermott type player, the Bills are going to try to fill a lot of holes this offseason so trading down is a real possibility, and drafting a QB in the second makes way more sense than getting one in the first this year. It is a very deep QB class and all of the first round QBs have major holes. I would not be surprised if the Bills are targeting Rudolph or White in the second round. 

Edited by billspro
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billspro said:

I wouldn't be to sure of that. Harrison Phillips is a Sean McDermott type player, the Bills are going to try to fill a lot of holes this offseason so trading down is a real possibility, and drafting a QB in the second makes way more sense than getting one in the first this year. It is a very deep QB class and all of the first round QBs have major wholes. I would not be surprised if the Bills are targeting Rudolph or White in the second round. 

Yep that’s why see a trade down.

They get Phillips, then get 2 LBs, a DE, TE and OL with first 6 picks. But a trade down must happen. 

On 1/25/2018 at 1:50 PM, DCOrange said:

No clue. I just know the following:

Junior year: 22 sacks, -128 yards

Senior year: 48 sacks, -348 yards (most lost yards in the country by the way)

His oline was horrible his senior year, he had Forest Lamp as a junior. 

Edited by billspro
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, billspro said:

I think you need to change your Rankings. Mike White looked fantastic today. I started watching his tape, he looks like a 2nd-3rd round prospect. How can you not like accuracy and a big arm? 

I like Rudolph and White in the second or third round, Falk and Lauletta in the fourth, and Woodside, Benkert, and Litton in the 5th-7th. 

Also I would much draft anyone of those guys rather than wasting picks to move up to take one of the QBs in the first. The drop off is pretty minimal in my opinion. 

I’m definitely going to go back and watch more again but he never looked like an accurate QB at all in any of the games I’ve seen. This was an eye opening performance from him. 

2 hours ago, simool said:

Today's showing by Mike White reinforced what I have posted previously:

Barring some unforeseen happenings in the first round with QB's, White should be our pick. If they believe he will be gone at 53, trade back with one of our 1's, grab him in the early 2nd round, and gain a pick in the process.

I am on board with this. I could not have been more impressed with what I saw today. He is easily on the level of Carr and Dalton when they came out. 

I went and watched two games of his tape after the senior bowl today. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billspro said:

I am on board with this. I could not have been more impressed with what I saw today. He is easily on the level of Carr and Dalton when they came out. 

He really did himself a solid at the Senior Bowl.  In the interviews I have seen and heard from it, he is very well spoken, mature, intelligent, seems like a solid kid and a perfect fit for the character this front office has shown they are looking for. Then he basically mic dropped his playing time.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I’m definitely going to go back and watch more again but he never looked like an accurate QB at all in any of the games I’ve seen. This was an eye opening performance from him. 

I thought the same thing. I watched one game on him and was not impressed. Went back and watched two more after the senior bowl today and I think he could be a second or third round gem. His accuracy and arm strength were much better than I was expecting. 

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'd take Rudolph or Ferguson over Falk.

Ferguson’s release is gonna hurt him. Folks have said the Memphis offense he ran was QB friendly too.

He brings the ball way down some what like EJ did. But yes they are right there together. Just think the Senior Bowl practices help some of these guys. I give Falk the slight advantage.

5 minutes ago, billspro said:

He did look good today, the touchdown where he looked off the safety was beautiful.  With that being said when you look at his larger body of work I wouldn't touch him before the third round.  He needs to get better making quicker decisions, and also needs to learn how to be more careful with the football.  IMO he cant start day one in the NFL and if I am drafting a quarterback in the 1st I want someone who is closer to a finished product.

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

He did look good today, the touchdown where he looked off the safety was beautiful.  With that being said when you look at his larger body of work I wouldn't touch him before the third round.  He needs to get better making quicker decisions, and also needs to learn how to be more careful with the football.  IMO he cant start day one in the NFL and if I am drafting a quarterback in the 1st I want someone who is closer to a finished product.

3 different schemes in 4 years. He has the size, arm strength, mechanics etc.

Obvioisly him being at WKU hurts him slightly. 

But it I think he has big potential.

The thing that’s gonna vault him up in early 2nd or somewhere in the 3rd is, Knowledge, what’s between the ears, Character, Leadership etc.

Think he checks a lot of boxes and I won’t be surprised if he goes top 20 picks of round 2. Yes somewhere around 50. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I have watched a bunch of his games and I don't see those problems with him.  Be more careful with the football?  The kid hardly throws interceptions and has never fumbled.  I am not saying he does not have issues, I just don't see those that you pointed out.

At the point PFF is calling him a Day 2 pick before the senior bowl and some of those stats they list...  I don't know man, looks pretty solid to me.

Edited by simool