ESPN Insider 2017 Re-Drafts Top 5 (Mahomes)

1 hour ago, DallasMac said:

Because players and teams come out on fire all the time and then taper off as the season progresses.  Is it really that hard to understand?  A lot of ppl said Guice was the better back and was going to show it this year.  How'd that play out.  Bottom line is you don't know until they play the games.  Cook hasn't done enough to say he's better than anyone in the NFL at this point.   That's what I'm trying to tell you.  

You're the one that's having difficulty understanding. This isn't a resume comparison. The fact that Fournette played more games or had more total stats this season is meaningless in the context of a debate over whether he or Cook or any other RB is superior and would be the preferable RB to own going forward in a vacuum. This is not a debate over who had the better 2017 season. 

It's not like 4 NFL games are the only thing we have to go on. College career still plays a huge factor in projecting such young players going forward. For incoming rookies, it's the only thing to go on, and it's plenty. That's how we can have a debate right now on, for example, whether Saquon Barkley might or might not be better than Alvin Kamara or Lesean McCoy. Or yes, whether or not Guice might or might not be better than Fournette.

I'm not sure where you're getting your information on that, btw. Guice is 2.5 years younger than Fournette, and was legitimately the better RB when they were on the same team two years ago, and had a great year this year. Based on Fournette's poor receiving skills, I'd give Guice better than 50/50 odds to be the better NFL player. 

29 minutes ago, SoFFacet said:

You're the one that's having difficulty understanding. This isn't a resume comparison. The fact that Fournette played more games or had more total stats this season is meaningless in the context of a debate over whether he or Cook or any other RB is superior and would be the preferable RB to own going forward in a vacuum. This is not a debate over who had the better 2017 season. 

It's not like 4 NFL games are the only thing we have to go on. College career still plays a huge factor in projecting such young players going forward. For incoming rookies, it's the only thing to go on, and it's plenty. That's how we can have a debate right now on, for example, whether Saquon Barkley might or might not be better than Alvin Kamara or Lesean McCoy. Or yes, whether or not Guice might or might not be better than Fournette.

I'm not sure where you're getting your information on that, btw. Guice is 2.5 years younger than Fournette, and was legitimately the better RB when they were on the same team two years ago, and had a great year this year. Based on Fournette's poor receiving skills, I'd give Guice better than 50/50 odds to be the better NFL player. 

Once you get to the NFL college means  nothing.  Look at Trent Richardson and how quickly he went from starter to not even in the NFL.  4 games is not enough to anoint anybody anything.  As far as Guice being better than Fournette 2 years ago you're absolutely right.  Fournette had a high ankle sprain I believe all year and it really limited him.  But Guice did not have a great year this year.  He also was dealing with an injury.  I especially know this because he killed me in fantasy this year outside of a cpl games. 

10 minutes ago, DallasMac said:

Once you get to the NFL college means  nothing.  Look at Trent Richardson and how quickly he went from starter to not even in the NFL.  4 games is not enough to anoint anybody anything.  As far as Guice being better than Fournette 2 years ago you're absolutely right.  Fournette had a high ankle sprain I believe all year and it really limited him.  But Guice did not have a great year this year.  He also was dealing with an injury.  I especially know this because he killed me in fantasy this year outside of a cpl games. 

Ron dayne is another example.

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

Ron dayne is another example.

Absolutely.  The list is endless.  And the opposite is true too.  Some guys look like busts their first year and blow up the second.  Like Gordon for the Chargers.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Zerovotlz said:

If the Browns offered us (the Cheifs) the 1 and the 4 for Pat Mahomes today, the Chiefs would not make that deal.  

What makes you think the Browns would offer even the 4th overall for Mahomes?

No, we could keep Alex...he's under contract for 18.....we wouldn't trade him because everyone has seen enough to see what we have.....a QB, who when drafted had an incredible skill set and a brain....who needed some coaching on his crappy footwork...and who has taken well to that coaching and considered by many to be on the path to superstardom.  That is why we wouldn't make that deal.  Denver would gladly part with Paxton Lynch for that.  I'd bet the Bears would send Trubisky to Cleveland right now for just the 4.

On 1/27/2018 at 12:54 AM, Zerovotlz said:

No, we could keep Alex...he's under contract for 18.....we wouldn't trade him because everyone has seen enough to see what we have.....a QB, who when drafted had an incredible skill set and a brain....who needed some coaching on his crappy footwork...and who has taken well to that coaching and considered by many to be on the path to superstardom.  That is why we wouldn't make that deal.  Denver would gladly part with Paxton Lynch for that.  I'd bet the Bears would send Trubisky to Cleveland right now for just the 4.

“Seen enough to see what [the Chiefs] have”?  Yeah, no, no one has seen nearly enough.  If the Chiefs think they have, they might be in for a rude awakening.  

9 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Yea we might have dropped 2 balls. 

Watson and Mahomes. 

Some of the linked throws are pretty strong 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nfl/2018/1/31/16955022/patrick-mahomes-chiefs-alex-smith-trade

Mahomes made some nice circus throws there......in preseason. Against 3rd stringers.

Even some of the throws against Denver. Yikes.

Im not upset the Bills passed on Mahomes whatsoever. He has a long way to go.