Does the Jags performance against Pittsburgh change your evaluation of the Bills roster?

LA Grant

Not the roster but the coaching staff this past year.

I am confident that the coaching staff will get the roster with the personnel they need to become very competitive.

3 minutes ago, hemma said:

No.  I think our D played a great game, but Bortles consistently missed the barn's broad side and that helped us a lot.

Yesterday, he played well.

We held Fournette I think to 3.2 ypc.  That’s night and day from where we were at with the rush D.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

Bortles didn't outplay big Ben.

Did you even watch the game?

215yds 1td 0int is not outplaying 469tds 5td1int

Bortles had a fumble his team recovered, Ben lost his (albeit for a TD) when he got smashed between Dareus and another player and it came flying out.

In no way did bortles outplay Ben.

You missed the sarcasm - that is all.  

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Bortles has a 21-0 lead out the gate.  

He didnt need to “outplay” Big Ben.     He made winning plays when needed, good for him.   

And there's that 

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

Yes.

Good for him.

He didn't outplay big Ben.

The jags as a whole outplayed the Steelers.

Big difference.

Touchy are we? 

The Steelers choked period.    Down 21-0 to the Jags is humiliating enough

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I'm looking at the fact that the Steelers offense had their way against the Jags D.  And we scored 3 points.

thanks for the reminder  :censored: head

;);)  :lol::lol:  

(thats a joke people) 

46 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think the Pats* are going to destroy them.  But I've been wrong about more games this postseason, then right.  So I hope I'm wrong!

they *** will crush them 

The coaching staff got this team to over perform which based on talent alone was a major positive. For once we didn’t shoot ourselves in the foot and played smart football.

This draft and FA will be crucial to continued success. QB is a major need. Front 7 on defense needs to be overhauled. Right side of the offensive line needs upgrading. #2 WR with speed and RB to replace Tolbert are addition positions that need addressing as well. #2 CB also maybe a need if Gaines isn’t retained. 

I just can’t see McDermott/Bean mortgaging the future to trade into the top 5 for a QB group people are saying are not as good as the 3 from last year Trubisky/Watson/Mahomes. Can they move up a few spots if the guy they want starts to slide then yes I can see them making that move. However, I don’t see them giving multiple #1s to reach for someone.

Edited by billieve420

I think the Bills defense stepped up against the Jags. The Bills offfense did what we know the Bills offense does, score field goals instead of TD's. Do I think the Bills show flashes but they are not good enough. It starts at QB but just about every position group except safety, RB, and CB (if they resign Gaines) could use upgrading. Every position group needs more depth for sure. Look at the Steelers or Pats offensive weapons compared to the Bills. They are in a different class.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That is 100% Todd Haley.  Not only is he a maverick about going for it on 4th, he's evidently enrolled in the Darrell Bevell School of Playoff Game Play Calling.

It's one thing to embrace analytics about your chances when going for it on 4th down, it's another to be stupid about what plays you call.

I think you could place a lot of the responsibility for the Steelers loss directly on his shoulders.  Add in that apparently he is so abraisive and unable to build rappore with his star QB that Big Ben felts the need for an intermediary to communicate with Haley on the sideline (and Tomlin agreed) and I think Haley is going to be shown the door.

Now that is Truth.  But of course what they mean is, any random QB could beat Jacksonville *given the way our defense performed that day*.

That's not true either, but it's closer to being a valid point. 

I agree.  And Ben's interview about not having the QB sneak in the playbook was telling.  He throws Haley under the bus all the time.  And Ben had almost a 100% QB sneak conversion rate before they got rid of it.  But I would have liked Tomlin to overrule Haley there.  

17 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Nope.  The Bills sold out completely to stop the run and, in that game, Bortles could not make them pay.  That does not mean that their defense is good.  Indeed, without the turnovers they got this year, this defense is bottom 1/3 of the NFL.

Even with the turnovers they go this year the D still finished bottom third in the NFL or right around there in both PPG and Total Yards.