Is DACA Issue Just A Dem Slight Of Hand?

3rdnlng

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

This is just the beginning of it. And it's very poorly worded, but the Supreme Court has not rejected the offer in the way that is being presented. What has happened is much different. Instead of appealing to the 9 the administration Advance the Cause right to scotus. In doing so they bypass their appeals in the 9th but are still going to appeal in the ninth circuit which will likely will against them, at that point they can appeal to the Supreme Court which is likely to take it up according to the law blogs that I've read. But it's a lot of grandstanding in these articles

My point was more that the Democrats could very well have been stalling to let it work through the courts and get everything they want, rather than compromise on the Republican offer.

Which would hardly leave them "broken."  And is just the sort of bull **** they would pull.

7 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

My point was more that the Democrats could very well have been stalling to let it work through the courts and get everything they want, rather than compromise on the Republican offer.

Which would hardly leave them "broken."  And is just the sort of bull **** they would pull.

They're on their heels and need momentum for November. I don't put it past them

A victory for the law: Maryland judge upholds DACA phaseout

Featured image Yesterday, Judge Roger Titus ruled that President Trump’s phaseout of the Obama-era DACA program is legal. Judge Titus is a senior federal district court judge for the district of Maryland. He’s one of the best district court judges I ever practiced before. However, it would take only a moderately able, fair-minded judge to rule as Judge Titus did in this case. Judge Titus’ opinion is here.

At the link:

7 hours ago, B-Man said:

Schadenfreude Alert: ‘Dreamers’ angry at Democrats as DACA deadline passes

by Leslie Eastman

Also, a federal judge rules that the President’s phaseout is legal.

That judge - Roger Titus - was considered an excellent choice as a mainstream bi-partisan judge, and confirmed with strong bipartisan support and praised by Maryland Democratic leadership.

Can't want to see how that story gets turned on its head, and he's labelled a white supremacist after this decision.