What do you want to read about in the offseason?

JoshBarnett

Hey everybody ... It's Josh from the Buffalo News. 

We have an extensive plan of offseason coverage set and will be making stops at a number of college all-star events, the Super Bowl, the combine, etc. 

But I am always open to ideas that we might not have that the audience is interested in. You all know that you have a direct line to me if you want it via jbarnett@buffnews.com, but what is out there that you want to know more about beyond the obvious topics? 

Thanks, Josh

How about a weekly "Where are they now?" segment where a reporter interviews an ex-Buffalo Bill (or Buffalo Sabre) asking how they adjusted to life after pro-sports, career, family, do they still follow the team, etc.  We all know what Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas are doing, but what about older team members or lesser known players, such as:

* Lou Piccone

* Phil Villipiano

* Frank Lewis

* Jeff Nixon

* Rod Riddick or Kenneth Davis

* Joe Cribbs

* Matt Barnaby

* Alexi Zhitnik

* Da'Rick Rogers (lol)

• Like (+1) 1

I love the "where are they now" idea.

Another might be human interest type of articles on current players, such as do they stay in Buffalo, do they go back to their hometown. What does a typical day in the life of player "X" look like in the off season. How are they perceived/treated around town doing their daily routine like shopping for groceries etc. I think it would be particularly interesting to conflict the differences between a player that lives in a place with no NFL representation, with a player who lives in a place that has an allegiance to another NFL team, and a player who has decided to call Buffalo his home year round. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

How about a weekly "Where are they now?" segment where a reporter interviews an ex-Buffalo Bill (or Buffalo Sabre) asking how they adjusted to life after pro-sports, career, family, do they still follow the team, etc.  We all know what Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas are doing, but what about older team members or lesser known players, such as:

* Lou Piccone

* Phil Villipiano

* Frank Lewis

* Jeff Nixon

* Rod Riddick or Kenneth Davis

* Joe Cribbs

* Matt Barnaby

* Alexi Zhitnik

* Da'Rick Rogers (lol)

What about Travis Henry?  "How Many Kids Does He Have Now?"

for me I am all about the players.  Give me extensive and accurate free agency preview and coverage , and draft coverage

oh can Tim Graham turn down the snark a wee bit 

Maybe a Buddy nix update. Maybe we get Jerry down to visit Buddy.  Jerry can do a howard sternesq embedded.   lol  

Edited by baskingridgebillsfan

Hardware/software development

'Hardware'

-- anything going on with helmet technology

-- new surgical, cell grow or rehab tech that may be available soon

-- what did Luck do over in Europe

Just examples... that sort of stuff

'Software'

- whatever happened to that guy we hired from Xerox 4 years ago who was going to bust the data to enable better decisions

- anything going on with VR that may help QBs develop quicker recognizing defenses

In general, the 'tech side' of the sport.

On 1/12/2018 at 10:04 AM, JoshBarnett said:

Hey everybody ... It's Josh from the Buffalo News. 

We have an extensive plan of offseason coverage set and will be making stops at a number of college all-star events, the Super Bowl, the combine, etc. 

But I am always open to ideas that we might not have that the audience is interested in. You all know that you have a direct line to me if you want it via jbarnett@buffnews.com, but what is out there that you want to know more about beyond the obvious topics? 

Thanks, Josh

What would part me from my money is if you could do a better job than I can at analyzing the Bills various QB possibilities - not just the WTF that was Big ASS DUMB Eagles watch the d**n ball on the punt! sorry Birdbowl, not just the player skills but the cap implications and tradeoffs of various choices.

IOW I don't just want to know if Mayfield is better than Rudolph or Darnold, I want to know if we trade up to #2, what would it likely take and what would we need to pay to fill DT and LB holes in FA after we sell out our draft?

IRL an Eagle might kill a Falcon but damn.

On 1/12/2018 at 10:28 AM, Gugny said:

How about showcasing players' charities?  Tell us why they chose to create it.  What their role is.  Then specific information about said charity.

I like this idea

• Thank you (+1) 1

I would like to read all about how Chadwick Don was IP banned from this message board.

Also, I'd love to read about some real insider stories on draft picks we wanted and didn't get to make, trade that were close to happening and free agents that were close to signing and didn't. Just more behind the scenes stuff.