Bench Losman! Start Holcomb!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't say it this entire year. Period.

268442[/snapback]

Me too. Like any other Bills player, I'll give him a year before calling for his head.

Anyone who doesn't show anything after 16 weeks of sucking automatically graduates to whipping boy status.

Me too. Like any other Bills player, I'll give him a year before calling for his head.

Anyone who doesn't show anything after 16 weeks of sucking automatically graduates to whipping boy status.

268522[/snapback]

Personally, all I ask for is a clear and present improvement from week to week. It's okay if he makes mistakes. What will bother me is if he makes the same mistakes over and over.

Only from the Bledsoe Lovers!

268527[/snapback]

I fear Losman's failure more than most people do. My old man is still a huge Bledsoe fan. Thinks it was a huge mistake to let him go. Said "you'll see this year" talking about JP starting. Man, I hope JP wins 12.

Now that there is some straight shootin', son.

268503[/snapback]

:(

Actually, if Holcomb is outperforming JP in preseason, I will just stop posting. How about that?! I'll just shut my mouth and repeat the phrase, "serenity now," to myself for the remainder of the 2005 season.

Or....I could always log on at the buffalobills.com message board and complain there. My football-related posts here are doctoral dissertation-quality compared to the drivel and falsehoods spewed forth on that board.

Why does society demand that a man cannot be in love with more than one starting QB? It is only natural to want to love more than one QB at a time.

268561[/snapback]

It's just society, Johhny. One wife per man. One quarterback per fan. It's just the way it's always been.

What's your tolerance level? What would it take for you, personally, to yell this chant?

C'mon...fess up!

268438[/snapback]

If Holcomb was up for grabs at the end of the '03 season, Bledsoe would have been dumped and we would be saying "JP? JP who??"...

I honestly hope Holcomb has a horrible pre-season...maybe an early injury that heals in time for week 1 or 2. If people don't get the chance to see him play, maybe they'll forget about him.

a couple games of losman back to pass...

pat pat

look to moulds

pat pat

look to moulds

pat pat

look to moulds

pat pat

look to moulds

pat pat

look to moulds

pat pat

sack | incomplete | interception | fumble

or if he falls on the football and injures his ribs for 8 weeks :D

268449[/snapback]

More likely it'd be:

losman back to pass

0.003 seconds later, he decides to run

losman back to pass

0.001 seconds later, he decides to run

losman back to pass

0.005 seconds later, he decides to run and breaks his leg

:w00t:

As Steve said though, I hope he wins 12... I just don't see it happening.

CW

Personally, all I ask for is a clear and present improvement from week to week. It's okay if he makes mistakes. What will bother me is if he makes the same mistakes over and over.

268535[/snapback]

hey - it worked for Drew afer 12 years

Especially since he spent so much time in the off-season correcting those flaws

Oh boy is that a loaded question.....

- If the rest of the team is playing well and he is stinking it up soley by himself......game 3

- If he is playing pretty well but we are losing games anyway.....game 6

- If he is making plays and we are either losing or winning.....NEVER

268850[/snapback]

Great answer John! Hopefully, the coaches will not put JP in too many situations where he will be able to "lose football games" for the Bills.

I mean, they tried to do that with Drew, right?

But LA, if this kid is a bust, I think that we will know before too long, and I will only wait until I see the playoffs slipping away before calling for him to be benched.

I just want to go on record saying JP will pass for 300 yards per game in every game we play this year and by the 6th week everyone in the national news will start the JP watch waiting for him to finally rookie-out but he doesnt, see, and then we earn homefield advantage through the playoffs which we stroll through to make it to the Superbowl which JP GUARANTEES and people are like, OH NO HE DI'INT, and were like OH YEAH, BIG CAT, HE DID then we pound the crap out of BILL PARCELLS, THE COWBOYS and DREW all in one SUPERBOWL VICTORY!!!!!!

and i did it in one sentence.

GO BILLS!

GO JP!

At least I'll be honest and up front with you all:

I'll start chanting it before preseason is over if Holcomb is clearly outshining JP in camp.

It's all about winning. And if Holcomb is doing some special things at QB, there's no point in wasting the other 52 players' time and the fans' time and Ralph's time.

Five straight seasons without a playoff appearance. If Holcomb gives us a better chance at breaking that streak in 2005, then I'm all for Holcomb.

268493[/snapback]

Hey, if the team is winning, Sam Adams could QB the team for all I care.

GO BILLS 2005 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least I'll be honest and up front with you all:

I'll start chanting it before preseason is over if Holcomb is clearly outshining JP in camp.

It's all about winning. And if Holcomb is doing some special things at QB, there's no point in wasting the other 52 players' time and the fans' time and Ralph's time.

Five straight seasons without a playoff appearance. If Holcomb gives us a better chance at breaking that streak in 2005, then I'm all for Holcomb.

268493[/snapback]

I agree, and for that reason I think it might have been premature to announce JP as the starter.

What if Holcomb does much better then JP in camp? I don't think a proven veteran outperforming a first year starter is a big stretch.

It’s been to long since we last made the playoffs and the best player needs to be on the field. Whether that’s Holcomb or JP it doesn't matter to me, best player should play.