Brandon Beane on the John Murphy & Howard Simon Shows

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I think finding a primadonna, self-absorbed wide receiver, who worries about his stats more than the success of the team he is on and who talks about not being paid enough, despite being on a rookie contract and not having actually accomplished anything in the NFL, is just as important as finding a franchise QB.  Also that that receiver should find some time to bad mouth the fans by telling them how pathetic their lives are and how meaningless their jobs are.

This morning Beane essentially provided the reasons for the big trades. when discussing Watkins, he mentioned whether a player wanted to re-sign and at what cost; with Darby he mentioned scheme fit; then said Dareus has been discussed ad nauseam. He didn't state these explicitly, rather he was making a general point that trades have different circumstances, then blurted out different possible reasons that just happened to coincide with the particular player mentioned. 

I think those coincidental reasons are consistent with what many have argued here. The important factors driving decisions: culture, scheme, and cap management. Darby was a scheme/culture casualty; Sammy and Dareus were culture/cap casualties.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

1-10: Bills' GM Brandon Beane with Howard and Jeremy (15:05)

I'm convinced that a new QB is coming. :beer:

Beane said I have seen "all the ones that matter" then said all the first rounders.  I thought that was the most defining comment and should tell you exactly what we are going to do in Round 1 of the draft.

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/10/2018 at 10:29 AM, buffalostu2 said:

Beane said I have seen "all the ones that matter" then said all the first rounders.  I thought that was the most defining comment and should tell you exactly what we are going to do in Round 1 of the draft.

Nope, can't be....we're signing Kirk Cousins....or trading for Alex Smith....or signing Case Keenum / Sam Bradford....and we'll trade up for Darnold...or wait until the 3rd for Drew Lock....actually all of those....we're going to have the most QBs an NFL team has ever seen....we won't have enough money to pay the bus drivers, but we'll have QBs for days!

Aside from mentioning the importance of making it his #1 mission in getting a franchise QB, I thought what was also noteworthy was "Beane - at the end of the day, it will be my decision to make, but it will be a collaborative effort leading up to the draft. #Bills"

Also really insightful during his interview was he said, "We'll draft a guy with a skill set that we think fits, and it will be up to the Offensive Coordinator and the Offensive staff to accentuate whatever his strengths are and hide the weaknesses".....

So of course I LOVE the revelation that the Bills will be aggressive in finding their QB of the long-term future, but I also love that he put it out there that they're NOT going to base the Draft on what particular style or scheme a Coordinator runs and will simply take the QB that meets the criteria he and his staff set for the position, regardless of scheme or design. And THEN, expect the Coordinator and coaches to build on his strengths, minimize his weaknesses or deficiencies, and ADAPT! Hallelujah we have a winner! 

Now, please fire Rick Dennison and throw the money at Darrell Bevell, presuming he still wants to be an Offensive Coordinator. Take Ken Dorsey and a new Offensive line coach and get....the F.....to work!

27 minutes ago, Magox said:

Aside from mentioning the importance of making it his #1 mission in getting a franchise QB, I thought what was also noteworthy was "Beane - at the end of the day, it will be my decision to make, but it will be a collaborative effort leading up to the draft. #Bills"

And it should be his final decision to make. But here's what I like. For years we have been hearing the "it was a collaborative effort" when it came to decisions. Personally, I never really bought that until now. I really believe we have a GM and a coach that have a shared vision and a shared vision how to get there. 

Even though it is Beane's final say I don't see him "going rogue" and drafting a guy McD doesn't want at the QB position.