Would You Root For The Bills...

R. Rich

Guest BackInDaDay
I'd cheer for the Iraqi Buffaloes before i'd cheer for the Los Angeles ANYTHING!

268470[/snapback]

Baghdad Bills :D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything in Upstate NY I could handle. I am a Bills fan because I have always lived in WNY. The same lousy reason I am a St. Bonaventure fan. They are the local team. "Dear Lord, Please don't ever let the Bills leave the greater Buffalo area. Amen" I'm in pain just revisiting the idea.

If the Bills moved, I would definitely not follow them to Mexico City (that's what ends up happening in my Madden franchise sims some of the time). I would have more time and money to spend on the Blizzard and Destroyers, however.

I feel very strongly that maybe I'd root for the Buffalos. If they left respectfully (no buyer in WNY) or were pushed out by local government, then yes, I probably would support them.

But no, not if they were in LA. If they moved to Miami, then maybe, just so perhaps the Dolphins franchise could be brought down ...too :D .

No. They are the buffalo bills. If there's no team in buffalo, the nfl then becomes something to watch when my tivo list is empty.

I don't see them moving though! The close proximity to toronto, plus the huge fanbase that the bills have will dictate to the nfl that they stay put. Buffalo is not a small market compared to indy or minneapolis. The vikings and colts are far closer to moving to LA than the bills, no matter how old and frail ralph gets. I simply see ralph's daughters keeping the team, or selling it to local business (a plan which i know exists, but i can't elaborate because of family connections... you understand...) Hopefully there will be changes in local government, which will include stadium naming rights with a better lease to generate revenue. Heck, you might be traveling to verizonwireless field, or paychex stadium (hint hint).

I always thought when the Buffalo Braves left town, that I would continue to follow them closely, but within a couple of years, they were just another team.

I'd probably feel the same about the Bills if they left, except that I would continue to be a huge fan of the NFL in general.

...if they were to ever leave Buffalo?

268372[/snapback]

onloy if they relocated to another place in WNY or Ontario and still were called the Buffalo Bills. If they moved somewhere west of the western most shores of lake erie, I would only take Carolina Panthers as my team and my new hated most team would be whatever the name of the team became.

...if they were to ever leave Buffalo?

Any team leaves Buffalo, they're dead to me, and their league is dead to me. After the Braves left, I never watched another NBA game again. I've never followed MLB since there's no Buffalo team. The only teams or sports I would follow at that point is college, university, and minor/independent league sports teams that play in the area where I live now.