With vet QB (Cousins/Keenum/Bradford) Bills will be popular SB Pick in 18

dezertbill

4 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

The 2017 Dolphins should serve as a cautionary tale in terms of high expectations and disappointment after a first  year head coach gets a team with a playoff drought back into the tourney.

And I still think 2018 has all the makings of a classic 'two steps back' season for the Bills especially with a head coach in McD that has a lot of work to do with his personel evaluation, game decisions and clock management skills.

Typically what happens when you lose your starting QB for the season no?

4 hours ago, dezertbill said:

Every year the media jumps on the up and coming team from the previous season. 

McDermott brought the Bills to relevance by leading them to the playoffs.  He brought mental toughness and accountability to the team, and most of the players would run through a wall for him.  He officially changed our culture the minute we punched our ticket to Jacksonville.

Our arrow is pointing up.  

We all know the shortcomings that TT brought to the table.  Although I was a fan, this year proved he isn't our answer at QB.

If we were 4-12, then I could see the Bills drafting a QB and going that route in 18.

But we are 9-7, and a believe if we had a QB like Cousins or Keenum in the game vs. Jacksonville we would have won...even had double digit wins during the regular season.

We are too far advanced to take a step back.  I can definitely see Beane put all our resources into solving the one position that we have been struggling to fix for two decades.

Cousins is 29, and with the Brees and Brady's of the world doing magic in the late 30's, there is no reason to think he can't give us 10 years of solid QB play.

If we sign a player like Cousins, then without question this team will be the popular pick to go to the SB next season.

Why haven't the Redskins been a popular SB pick with Cousins.....bringing him to Buffalo will change that?

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

1972 el perfecto Dolphins say hello too.  Earl Moral the backup played in a lot of those games when Greiesie was out.

1999 Rams say hello too.

For every non typical Case Keenum's coming into save the season there are about a dozen examples of that going the other way when a teams main starter is lost.

4 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

The 2017 Dolphins should serve as a cautionary tale in terms of high expectations and disappointment after a first  year head coach gets a team with a playoff drought back into the tourney.

And I still think 2018 has all the makings of a classic 'two steps back' season for the Bills especially with a head coach in McD that has a lot of work to do with his personel evaluation, game decisions and clock management skills.

You are aware that they lost their starting QB in training camp, right?

I mean, I thought they were overrated anyway, but let's not pretend that had no effect.

5 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

The fish stink....

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

What are his "glaring weaknesses and limitations"?  I'd be curious to hear what the people that know about him have to say.

Or, we could go 19-0.

Sure thing...inconstancy is his hallmark.  Misses game changing reads and throws...  unproductive in the red zone... makes poor decisions under pressure.  Turns the ball over too much... these are all with a pretty solid o line. 

Now toss in the elite money he’s after and what it doesn’t afford you elsewhere on the roster... ‘fools gold’ is one of the more apt concise descriptors