2018 Draft Chart - What's needed to trade up (QB?)

Virgil

With everyone talking about what it would take to trade up, I figured I would put this out there so people can do their own math and decide what's worth it.  This is based off a 2017 article stating the draft chart was updated by teams last year.  The one floating around on NBCSports is rumored to be out of date.  

The Bills own picks:

21 - 260 points

22 - 252 points

53 - 106 points

56 - 98 points

85 (roughly) - 50 points

117 (roughly) - 24 points

149 (roughly) - 12 points

2019 1st (guess) - 160 points

Capture.PNG

*It also says that draft picks in the following years draft are worth one round's lower points.  So our 1st pick next year is worth 2nd round points this year.

With that being said, to trade up would theoretically cost...

1st pick - Our entire first 4 rounds of picks and the 1st and 2nd in next years (Cleveland probably isn't trading out of this anyways)

2nd pick - All 4 picks from the first and second round (A lot better than getting 1st overall and Giants would listen) 

3rd pick - Both 1st round picks (Colts would listen.  I doubt this would actually get it done)

4th pick - One of our 1st round picks, both of our 2nds, and our 3rd (Cleveland should be open for business)  Keeping a 1st would be huge

5th pick - One of 1st, 2nd's, and 3rd pick (Denver will probably be looking QB unless they get Cousins.  If they don't get him, I see them staying or trading up)

6th pick - Both 1st's (According to NBC sports and some other journalist opinions.  Higher than this chart)

7th pick - Same as for a 5th, just the lower of each rounds picks

8th pick - Our second 1st round pick and our 1st round pick next year (If this landed us Mayfield, I'm all over it)

9th pick - Our 1st, 2nd, and 4th

10th pick - Our 1st and 2nd

To me, outside getting the number one overall pick, there's nothing here I can't live with.  I don't know that I would make a trade before the draft as much as I would see how things pan out.  I have no idea which quarterback they deem worthy of a pick.  I think Mayfield goes between 5-10 in the draft.  If that happens, and the brass likes him, our team gets him, keeps a 1st and 2nd, plus we have free agency.  I'd be very excited going into next season.

Thanks for staying with me.

Edited by Virgil

The best chance we have to get Rosen or Darnold is with the Giants. Gettlemen just got hired and has a long relationship with Beane. He also was pretty steadfast about moving forward with Eli Manning. I’d say it’s a possibility if we make it enticing enough.

Like I said in another thread, going off of your trade chart the Giants pick is worth 717.17

So the Bills trade:

Pick #21=260.82

Pick #22= 252.71

LT Cordy Glenn= 2nd Round Pick....Duane Brown got CB Jeremy Lane, a 2018 5th Round Pick, and a 2019 2nd Round Pick so I think it’s safe to say Glenn could be valued as a 2nd rounder= 98.27

Pick # 85= 50.18

Thats 661.98

Then you trade a 2019 2nd Round pick(3rd Round value)= 50.18

2019 4th round pick(5th Round value)=24 points

Thats 74.18 + 661.98= 736.16

That would leave Buffalo in the 2018 draft with:

# 2 Pick( Giants)

#53 Pick (Own)

#56 Pick(LAR)

#117 Pick (Own)

#149 Pick (Own)

# 151 Pick (JAX)

2019 Draft

1st

3rd

4th (KC)

5th

6th

7th

This is obviously rough estimation but I’d do this deal if the Bills are 100 % certain there is a franchise guy. It doesn’t cripple the Bills at all and Glenn to the Giants makes a ton of sense to help fix their line. 

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think the Giants go Qb and let him ride the bench for 2 years, letting Eli ride off into the sunset.  

Cleveland, with 2 picks in the top 4 will go Qb. They just have too. 

I really think that the top 2 QB’s aren’t options for us or cost too much to get. 

I’d make the trade up to 2 and hope for Rosen or Darnold.  I’d take Rosen 1st without a doubt.  While I’m a little worried about his mental state, his ability as a qb is the best in the draft from what I’ve seen so far.  The ideal situation would be to trade 21 and 22 for 3 and still get Rosen or Darnold.  I’d be extremely happy with that is what I am hoping can fall into our laps.....a long shot for sure, but I did see Andy Dalton throw a pass to Tyler Boyd, so let’s hope for the best

3 hours ago, downunderbill said:

I hope they make some big moves. I haven't felt this much anticipation going into an offseason in a long long time, normally it's a feeling of deflation.

THat is what getting into the playoffs did to you !!!