NFL Primetime Playoff QB Stat

NFL primetime just showed a stat that I found interesting. Only 4 times in NFL history has a QB won a playoff game with more than 20 pass attempts, and less than 100 yards. Three of those four games occurred against the Bills. The last being Steve McNair in the Music City Miracle game. The other being Boomer with the Bengals in the 1988 playoffs, and now Bortles today. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

NFL primetime just showed a stat that I found interesting. Only 4 times in NFL history has a QB won a playoff game with more than 20 pass attempts, and less than 100 yards. Three of those four games occurred against the Bills. The last being Steve McNair in the Music City Miracle game. The other being Boomer with the Bengals in the 1988 playoffs, and now Bortles today. 

Well when you score 3 points the other team doesn't have to do much to win. 

Just now, keepthefaith said:

Well when you score 3 points the other team doesn't have to do much to win. 

Yeah, I just found it ironic that the last time this happened was the Music City Miracle game. Our offense has been rotten for many years. I guess that’s what happens when you never find a respectable replacement for a legend. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Yeah, I just found it ironic that the last time this happened was the Music City Miracle game. Our offense has been rotten for many years. I guess that’s what happens when you never find a respectable replacement for a legend. 

True, although Kelly was the QB vs the Bengals in 1988.

3 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

This is exactly right. This stat is irrefutable proof that the Bills organization has FAILED to find a franchise QB since Kelly has retired. 

4 minutes ago, Billznut said:

This is exactly right. This stat is irrefutable proof that the Bills organization has FAILED to find a franchise QB since Kelly has retired. 

I realize that it’s a random stat, but it just made me think about 1999-2017 Buffalo Bills teams. We had no offense in 1999, and we have no offense in 2017. With small exceptions, we’ve had a futile offense for about twenty years. We’ve had championship caliber defenses at times, but the offense has been painful for years. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

18 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Leave it to the Bills to come up with some repeat pathetic statistic.

10 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

I realize that it’s a random stat, but it just made me think about 1999-2017 Buffalo Bills teams. We had no offense in 1999, and we have no offense in 2017. With small exceptions, we’ve had a futile offense for about twenty years. We’ve had championship caliber defenses at times, but the offense has been painful for years. 

Very true. QB is certainly a big part of that. Rex's teams might have been our best offensive teams in that stretch ironically, or maybe Bledsoe's first season. Generally, we are a bottom 10 offense in the NFL.

30 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

44.2.  Taylors numbers today.  

Time to move on.  

But he doesn't throw many interceptions!

25 minutes ago, Billznut said:

NE has drafted more QBs during the drought than the Bills have.  NE!

And they had Brady! 

• Haha (+1) 1