interference on JOnes

15 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Part of getting calls is knowing how to get calls.

Zay doesn't

If he extends his arms and tries to catch it with his hands instead of his body, he gets the call.

He wasn't being interfered with early enough to prohibit a catch with his hands.

He and Clay. No fundamentals.

I have hope for him.

Clay I am tired of.

thats right on the money sherpa. that said i think zay is gonna be good.

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Not really. They let things go vs certain teams because of inherent bias. Pats get that call all day long. 

WHy be a fan if you believe that?  I live in NE and I can tell you that the fans here and every city feel their team is discriminated against.  Its a psychological thing you see the calls that hurt your team but pay no mind to the bad calls that help your team.  NE actaully has evidence to support that they are singled out (deflate gate), the NFL could have easily ended that with no discipline.

8 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Again, what's your beef with Zay today?

My beef is with his overall body of work and not being very good. If he was a udfa I'd be like well he's young good for him for making the team. He's not a trade up to the top of the 2nd round kind of player and he certainly doesn't have that mentality on the field. I don't care about today, no receivers did anything mostly because Tyrod is terrible. I'm not speaking about this particular play. I just don't like him at all as a player and I think he's very much in over his head at the NFL level in every way

1 minute ago, mattynh said:

WHy be a fan if you believe that?  I live in NE and I can tell you that the fans here and every city feel their team is discriminated against.  Its a psychological thing you see the calls that hurt your team but pay no mind to the bad calls that help your team.  NE actaully has evidence to support that they are singled out (deflate gate), the NFL could have easily ended that with no discipline.

Then fans there are delusional. Screw deflatgate, that was about Tommy boy not surrendering his phone. Just a pissing match . Anyone that watches the league knows that NE gets the benefit of the doubt on most calls, and even bigger are the non-calls on their obvious penalties. Look at Gilmore mugging the PIT WR all the way across the end zone in front of the official - held him the whole way. Bryant had to catch the ball one handed because he couldn't move his arm ! No flag, ( thank goodness he caught it) because his helmet now has an eagle wing on it instead of a Buffalo. He's the same player, different uni. Heck even ESPN pointed out 3 penalties called vs Pats in 9 quarters ! In a game where they could call holding most every play. Complete BS and bias by the officials who are terrible. NE fans are flat crazy if they don't see what every other fan sees watching that team. 

50 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Stop blaming the refs for every little thing. Our !@#$ing offense had all day and plenty of chances and only scored 3 points. 

I mean it was blatant. 

17 minutes ago, Doc said:

They shouldn't have to.  That's the point.

It was obvious to me live 

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Then fans there are delusional. Screw deflatgate, that was about Tommy boy not surrendering his phone. Just a pissing match . Anyone that watches the league knows that NE gets the benefit of the doubt on most calls, and even bigger are the non-calls on their obvious penalties. Look at Gilmore mugging the PIT WR all the way across the end zone in front of the official - held him the whole way. Bryant had to catch the ball one handed because he couldn't move his arm ! No flag, ( thank goodness he caught it) because his helmet now has an eagle wing on it instead of a Buffalo. He's the same player, different uni. Heck even ESPN pointed out 3 penalties called vs Pats in 9 quarters ! In a game where they could call holding most every play. Complete BS and bias by the officials who are terrible. NE fans are flat crazy if they don't see what every other fan sees watching that team. 

There is inconsistency in calls, I will not deny that but I dont agree that is is a conspiracy and at the end of the day no team is willfully favored.  It may happen on a given sunday because of the small sample size but that is it.  Pitt fans feel they dont get calls cause they are dirty, Bills fans think they dont get calls cause they are a small market, Pats fans think they dont get calls cause the NFL hates them.  Every single fan base feels they dont get calls over other teams, they justify with different nonsense though.  

17 minutes ago, mattynh said:

SO you want them to review PI?  That was not the topic of the thread.  They don't currently so my the answer to the question is correct.

It's a call they should be able to make in real time.  And yes, I think they should and can review PI.  If you get there early, it's PI. 

22 minutes ago, MJS said:

That's not true. Hard to catch the ball when a defender already has your arms wrapped up and pinned to your body.

Hit him in the chest/both arms. A starting nfl receiver needs to make that play 

5 minutes ago, Estro said:

He may have slightly been interfered with, but you can just as easily say he dropped it to.  Zay had as bad of a rookie yr. As one could've feared

This ^

6 minutes ago, Estro said:

He may have slightly been interfered with, but you can just as easily say he dropped it to.  Zay had as bad of a rookie yr. As one could've feared

How are people saying this?

His left arm was pinned against his body prior to the ball arriving.  No - for anyone who has watched football for more than 2 games, you can’t just as easily say he dropped it.