The math behind how unlikely the drought was.

Batman1876

One of the worst parts of the drought for me was how it seemed that the Bills situation seemed to fly in the face of the law of averages, defied chance and luck and almost seemed like a curse. There were way too many times that we should have made the playoffs and the most freakish things happened that went against us. All those times we needed a Dalton/Boyd play for us we never got one instead we got McKelvin fumbling to the Pats or an insanely bad officiating decision. Just a horrible time to be a fan.

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Last playoff win I believe is Cindy at 20 or 21 years.  

Longest 5 playoff win droughts:

Bengals 27 (1990 Wild Card Round)

Lions 26 (1991 Divisional Round)

Bills 22 (1995 Wild Card Round)

Browns 20* (1994 Wild Card Round, includes the last few years before they moved to Baltimore)

Dolphins 17 (2000 Wild Card Round)

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JM57 said:

Longest 5 playoff win droughts:

Bengals 27 (1990 Wild Card Round)

Lions 26 (1991 Divisional Round)

Bills 22 (1995 Wild Card Round)         1/7/2018

Browns 20* (1994 Wild Card Round, includes the last few years before they moved to Baltimore)

Dolphins 17 (2000 Wild Card Round)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Livinginthepast said:

One of the worst parts of the drought for me was how it seemed that the Bills situation seemed to fly in the face of the law of averages, defied chance and luck and almost seemed like a curse. There were way too many times that we should have made the playoffs and the most freakish things happened that went against us. All those times we needed a Dalton/Boyd play for us we never got one instead we got McKelvin fumbling to the Pats or an insanely bad officiating decision. Just a horrible time to be a fan.

If you are over the age of 35 you should be able to remember a great time to be a Bills fan.

for you youngsters I hope you get the best time to be a Bills fan with multiple Super Bowl Championships. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Livinginthepast said:

It's actually only the second time they've been alive going into week 17 during drought and they got the help both times.

I don't know if I'd call it bad luck, they've just been a bad franchise. Either way, wasn't enjoyable.