Sessions — you idiot

It's not actually about enforcement. So much for the law (assuming that it is constitutional). Like everything else in this administration its about the base, without which this presidency cannot survive. Sessions is not going to harass recreational users, as has been mentioned. He just wants to warm the hearts of evangelicals and other assorted constituents of the right.

2 hours ago, The_Dude said:

I’m sure the people in the canabis industry will feel quite comforted by that. 

Weed stocks will bounce back as soon as tomorrow.

So, those of you idiotic enough to defend Sessions for ‘defending the law,’ are stupid enough in your own right, but here’s the real issue — it’s going to hurt conservative causes in the long run. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sessions-crackdown-pot-make-life-harder-republicans-november-173500315.html

Im not a republican, if forced to identify I’d consider myself a libertarian I guess... These idiots in the Trump administration are botching everything so badly that the backlash is going to be a Democrat controlled White House, and congress soon. 

So so for you Trump Supporters that are burying your heads in the sand to avoid the obvious truth — enjoy your time in the sun. History will remember you as fools, and the conservative cause will definitely be set back by these bumbling idiots. 

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

So, those of you idiotic enough to defend Sessions for ‘defending the law,’ are stupid enough in your own right, but here’s the real issue — it’s going to hurt conservative causes in the long run. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sessions-crackdown-pot-make-life-harder-republicans-november-173500315.html

Im not a republican, if forced to identify I’d consider myself a libertarian I guess... These idiots in the Trump administration are botching everything so badly that the backlash is going to be a Democrat controlled White House, and congress soon. 

So so for you Trump Supporters that are burying your heads in the sand to avoid the obvious truth — enjoy your time in the sun. History will remember you as fools, and the conservative cause will definitely be set back by these bumbling idiots. 

We are a nation of laws. We need to follow the law. If we don't like a law then change the law. Maybe your affinity for pot is clouding your thinking or maybe you're just the stupid jerk that you are portraying yourself to be.

11 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Sessions should use common sense. 

Ypu our can play devils advocate on this, but if you’re a conservative and libertarian like me you could not look past it. 

I believe eve in what this country was supposed to be more than what it is. I strive to make it how it should be. Prohibition once outlawed alcohol; was a man wrong for downing a beer? Don’t be a fool. You’re not on the high ground. And the economic stupidity of your argument makes you look foolish. Unleash a new industry and let the economy prosper and the deficit reduce. But no, you want to be a fool. 

Prohibition was a stupid law that was repealed.   

Work on electing people to Congress to repeal federal laws governing pot.

My car has a max speed over 150MPH.  Can I argue that I shouldn't be pulled over if I exceed the speed limits, because the car can handle it, I'm in full control of the vehicle and pose no danger to others?

13 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

We are a nation of laws. We need to follow the law. If we don't like a law then change the law. Maybe your affinity for pot is clouding your thinking or maybe you're just the stupid jerk that you are portraying yourself to be.

Maybe you’re an idiot with no understanding of the founding of this country and what it’s supposed to be. Maybe you’re too gutless to fight for what’s right. Maybe you’re too stupid to know the difference. 

Just now, GG said:

Prohibition was a stupid law that was repealed.   

Work on electing people to Congress to repeal federal laws governing pot.

My car has a max speed over 150MPH.  Can I argue that I shouldn't be pulled over if I exceed the speed limits, because the car can handle it, I'm in full control of the vehicle and pose no danger to others?

You shouldn’t be pulled over and won’t be if you’re on private property. But the government owns the roads and therefor they regulate them. 

And you cannot travel 150 mph safely — especially on roads. 

Youre really want want to compare reckless driving to pocession of a flower?

5 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Maybe you’re an idiot with no understanding of the founding of this country and what it’s supposed to be. Maybe you’re too gutless to fight for what’s right. Maybe you’re too stupid to know the difference. 

You shouldn’t be pulled over and won’t be if you’re on private property. But the government owns the roads and therefor they regulate them. 

And you cannot travel 150 mph safely — especially on roads. 

Youre really want want to compare reckless driving to pocession of a flower?

Driving 150MPH on a straight highway in a car and tires designed for that speed is safer than inhaling fumes from a flower.

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

Oh, I see. Because I want to follow the law I'm an idiot with no understanding of the founding of this country? So, I don't agree with your lawlessness so I'm too gutless to fight for your causes? You've come down here and immediately started insulting people because you have no game and obviously lack principles. Good luck with that.

44 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Oh, I see. Because I want to follow the law I'm an idiot with no understanding of the founding of this country? 

I would think if you had any understanding of the intent of America you couldn’t possibly be ignorant enough to support a law that is unconstitutional. But you want to blindly support the rules of big brother. Yes, I detest that attitude. 

On on top of that the damage that this action is going to reap on conservative ideals is going to be huge. 

49 minutes ago, GG said:

Driving 150MPH on a straight highway in a car and tires designed for that speed is safer than inhaling fumes from a flower.

Id wager the list of people who’ve died going 150 mph with properly inflated tires is a lot longer than the list of people who’ve died from flower inhalation. Just a guess — I didn’t google. 

Today I learned that the Founder's intentions were to establish an executive branch, unencumbered by checks and balances, empowered to write and rewrite law by fiat, assuming the Presidential whims of the moment are guided by a bare assertion of "common sense".

I must say that I'm a little but embarrassed over the fact that I had prior believed that Founders had set out to establish an alternative to benevolent monarchy when clearly they had set out to create one.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

4 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I would think if you had any understanding of the intent of America you couldn’t possibly be ignorant enough to support a law that is unconstitutional. But you want to blindly support the rules of big brother. Yes, I detest that attitude. 

On on top of that the damage that this action is going to reap on conservative ideals is going to be huge. 

Id wager the list of people who’ve died going 150 mph with properly inflated tires is a lot longer than the list of people who’ve died from flower inhalation. Just a guess — I didn’t google. 

Tell me, preferably without your childish insults, why is the law unconstitutional? Is it because you don't like it? Are all laws unconstitutional because of "big brother"? Do you trust anyone over 30? Drugs, sex and Rock & Roll man.

1 hour ago, GG said:

This is a stretch. Tons of people have died driving like that. Name one person who has died from smoking weed. Not smoking and then driving, but just smoking pot. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Tell me, preferably without your childish insults, why is the law unconstitutional? Is it because you don't like it? Are all laws unconstitutional because of "big brother"? Do you trust anyone over 30? Drugs, sex and Rock & Roll man.

....I’m over 30. 

The constitution does not grant the federal government the authority to arbitrarily illegalize flowers. In addition — the absurdity of the whole thing is quite obvious. How is Marijuana a schedule 1 drug when it’s an undisputed fact of the medicinal value of the plant. Your government arbitrarily made medicine illegal and you’re defending it? Amazing. The constitution does not grant that authority and it can’t be swept under the rug with the ‘elastic clause,’ because it is neither necessary or proper. 

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

....I’m over 30. 

The constitution does not grant the federal government the authority to arbitrarily illegalize flowers. In addition — the absurdity of the whole thing is quite obvious. How is Marijuana a schedule 1 drug when it’s an undisputed fact of the medicinal value of the plant. Your government arbitrarily made medicine illegal and you’re defending it? Amazing. The constitution does not grant that authority and it can’t be swept under the rug with the ‘elastic clause,’ because it is neither necessary or proper. 

THEN CHANGE THE !@#$ING LAW!

8 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

This is a stretch. Tons of people have died driving like that. Name one person who has died from smoking weed. Not smoking and then driving, but just smoking pot. 

Tell me one person who died by driving fast?  Not driving off the road, or hitting a tree, post, another vehicle, etc.  Just by driving fast.