Tyrod Taylor's "Signature Moment" of 2017?

2 hours ago, Luka said:

Passing:

2015: 28th

2016: 30th

2017: 31st

See the trend? For reference-

Rushing:

2015: 1st

2016: 1st

2017: 6th

This was Tyrod's worst season yet, statistically... by 200 yards... he's always been this way, the run game just isn't as good under Dennison.

56 yards blah blah blah

PLAYOFFS !!!

Phillip Rivers had more 300 yard passing Games this year. 

4 hours ago, BananaB said:

Better offense then defense I can agree with, but we still only won games where our defense showed up.... Taylor has 3 wins when our D has given up over 20 points the past 3 season (1 per season), 5 when giving up over 17..... He’s had the ball a number of times each season in games in position to win or tie and has came up short (twice this year). Doesn’t matter what the score is, you have the ball in hand late in games you either get the job done or you don’t. That’s the difference in being a good team or not. 

When all aspects of the game is going good Tyrod can be relied upon. When you need a big play, successful drive or just need to put the O on your back and simply go out and outscored your opponent Tyrod just doesn’t get the job done.  He can’t be relied upon. This is the most important position in sports and we need better. 

I won't say he can't do it because he did do it against Miami last year only to be let down by the defense. Maybe he doesn't do it as often as we like.

As for games when the other team scores over 20 points, if you look at the box scores from the last three years you will see a trend. The defense either shows up or doesn't show up at all. Meaning their were only a handful of games where we held the opponent to between 21-29 points.  Take this year for example. 

27 Tampa Bay W

34 NYJets L

47 New Orleans L

54 Los Angeles L

23 New England L

37 New England L

Even top 5 franchise QBs would likely do no better than 2-4 in those six games. In the games where the other team scored between 21-29 Taylor was 1-1. I'm guessing most QBs do not fair well in games when the opponent scores 30+.

17 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

You clicked on this one and chose to read it. I'm sure there's plenty of film out there for you to really sink your teeth into, coach. Better get cracking though, you only have three days left. 

Anyway, I wasn't trolling and this wasn't intended to bash Taylor. It was an honest question, because I couldn't really come up with anything -- which is odd for a season that results in a playoff birth for the first time in nearly two decades. Like, if I were in charge of the Bills video yearbook, what would I use to really sum up 2017 for the starting QB? 

Me either. That's why I was asking, haha. 

This thread was 100% a troll thread. I know it.  You know it. Every dimwit on here knows it.

At least have the balls to admit it and not play the “it was an honest question” card, you idiot. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is why I have advocated for being able to vote posters off the board. A bunch of Rod Watson’s around here!! The Bills are playing a playoff game for the first time since January of 2000 and some of you idiots just want to complain about the guy that quarterbacks them.  Enjoy the week(s) and go back to your miserable existences after the season. 

I am disgusted by this as well, some of those posters in this very thread. Not even a tiny clue of what they are talking about and yet so damn sure about themselves.

10 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I won't say he can't do it because he did do it against Miami last year only to be let down by the defense. Maybe he doesn't do it as often as we like.

As for games when the other team scores over 20 points, if you look at the box scores from the last three years you will see a trend. The defense either shows up or doesn't show up at all. Meaning their were only a handful of games where we held the opponent to between 21-29 points.  Take this year for example. 

27 Tampa Bay W

34 NYJets L

47 New Orleans L

54 Los Angeles L

23 New England L

37 New England L

Even top 5 franchise QBs would likely do no better than 2-4 in those six games. In the games where the other team scored between 21-29 Taylor was 1-1. I'm guessing most QBs do not fair well in games when the opponent scores 30+.

For this season using  the LA game as an example is pretty off because he didn’t start.... Against NO and NE (1st game) he scored 6 points. How do you even use those games as examples? The D sucked no doubt, but what the !@#$ did the O do?  NE has put up over 30 points in 7 games this year, over 25 10 times this year. We were one of 6 teams to hold them under 25 points and Taylor put up a whopping 3 !@#$ing points. Going into those games we know we need to put up a lot of points, our O averaged 6 points a game, under 10 if you count the Benjamin TD.  We also got 7 points from a Poyer INT In the second game. 

Listen, I understand the D was bad but they have helped in almost all our wins the past 3 seasons. They are at fault for games as well as this offense. Over the past 3 years we have close to 10 games where Taylor has had the ball in hand in position to win or tie. That could make a big difference on our record even if he just won a few of them. He’s just too inconsistent. 

Edited by BananaB

11 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

9-6 as the starter.

The best record for a starting QB of this team since Flutie in 1999.  

8-6 as the starter. Peterman started the Chargers and Colts games. Seems like a lot of people forget about the Colts game.

1 hour ago, MichFan said:

8-6 as the starter. Peterman started the Chargers and Colts games. Seems like a lot of people forget about the Colts game.

How can anyone forget the Colts game?  That was the game that told me that PLAYOFFS were a definite possibility for us this year.  The way the team came together at the end to win that one was amazing.  That's what playoff teams do. Win tough games down the stretch.

Edited by reddogblitz