Pro Football HOF 2018 Class Announced

3 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Dawkins is not HOF worthy.  Beathard is borderline.  Tom Flores should have been elected long before Beathard or Jerry Jones.  I'm ok with Urlacher even though I think he was living on reputation his last several years in the league - not unlike Clay Mathews III is now.

Kramer, Lewis, Moss, and TO were just special and dominant for years.  

I don't know anything about Brazile.

I disagree. Dawkins was a great Safety for a long time and Beathard was a great builder who turned around Washington to be Super Bowl Winners and also built a Chargers' team that also went to the Super Bowl. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Is that why Thurman wasn't a first time ballot?

I don’t know about Thurman but it’s absolutely why TO wasn’t. Some of those guys pretty much admitted it. Marvin Harrison shot a guy, had a worse career than TO (and got to play with Manning) and went in before him. The backlash about TO not getting in probably wore down some of those power-hungry,  pencil-whippers. At least there is some justice.

I don't know a thing about Brazile.

I'm on the fence with Beathard.

Kramer was long overdue.

Owens should have been a first ballot.

Lewis & Moss are justified.

Dawkins is worthy, but could have waited another year or two.

Urlacher could waited a few more years as well.

Overall, a very good class, but damn they are electing a lot of players into the Hall.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mark Vader said:

Kramer was long overdue.

Overall, a very good class, but damn they are electing a lot of players into the Hall.

Brazile was one hellluva player for the Oilers.  They were such a good team in the 70's AFC, but just couldn't get past the Steelers. 

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

Kramer was long overdue.

I am 100% in agreement with everything that you said here. 

Next year, I’d say Reed and Gonzalez go in first ballot and 1 or 2 of those OL will get in as well.

T.O. is a big ego guy who just wants to be appreciated. I bet Bills mafia could get in there social media wise and get him to consider going in as a bill. Get a nice contengency of support at the ceremony as well. I liked when T.O. was here. He did a good job considering the trash QBs he had to deal with. He was a lot of fun and even though the media tried every day to bait him, he was a good guy.

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

T.O. is a big ego guy who just wants to be appreciated. I bet Bills mafia could get in there social media wise and get him to consider going in as a bill. Get a nice contengency of support at the ceremony as well. I liked when T.O. was here. He did a good job considering the trash QBs he had to deal with. He was a lot of fun and even though the media tried every day to bait him, he was a good guy.

43 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Almost as good as Larry Allen. :D

Tactician versus mauler. But yes Allen may have been even better.

There was a Cowboys 49ers game where Madden said it was the first time he saw the three best players of all time at their position on the field at the same time - Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith, and Larry Allen.

10 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

There was a Cowboys 49ers game where Madden said it was the first time he saw the three best players of all time at their position on the field at the same time - Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith, and Larry Allen.

Good comment with the exception of Smith who's not even in the top 5 greatest RBs regardless of the all time rushing record. 

Woohoo another Bill in the HOF!!

26 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

After receiving the key to the city, I’m pretty sure he’ll list the Bills as one of his teams.

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Good comment with the exception of Smith who's not even in the top 5 greatest RBs regardless of the all time rushing record. 

They all have an argurement.  If it was 94 or later add Deon Sanders. 

Current Era that is how I saw it with Lynch insted of Dawkins.  Looking back Dawkins was the glue for great jim johnson defense and Andy Reids incredible run in Philly.  4 consective NFC championship appearance was quite impressive.