Build ? around ? Tyrod ?

LA Grant

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

I realized yesterday how many drives Taylor extends that most QBs wouldn't. They don't always result in points but it's still a big deal.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/third-down-conversion-pct

Was surprised to see we are 6th in NFL in 3rd down conversions and 4th in last 3 games..

Now look at the red zone production 

It has gone down IIRC.

He improves in one area and regresses in another.  

3 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Not hard to downgrade?  Where have you been the last 17 years?

I wish we could find a QB to lead us to playoffs. Anyone know where we can find one?

Cincy seeing Dalton just got Bills to Playoffs ?

27 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Now look at the red zone production 

It has gone down IIRC.

He improves in one area and regresses in another.  

Is it possible that red zone production regressed for another reason? A completely overhauled and downgraded WR group, maybe? New OC? No? Just Tyrod?

4 hours ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Oh my. Its because OCs dont trust him to be a pass first offense. If you think otherwise, yikes. 

Well, let's see. First year, Greg Roman's playbook was built probably for Matt Cassel -- Rex said from the get-go we'd be ground & pound. Tyrod stole the job in training camp, but that offense was NOT built with him in mind -- it was built to be as QB-proof as possible. Second year, Anthony Lynn is working off of Roman's playbook but adjusting the philosophy which remains run-first -- makes sense because he was a RB coach. 

This year could've been the opportunity to build around Tyrod, but the coaches did the opposite. It's clear that they don't trust him, based on the Chargers game alone, and Dennison's scheme isn't a fit for Tyrod's abilities -- you'd want a RPO offense -- but I don't think they're right. I think it's an error on their part, one that hopefully they are reconsidering given Taylor's playoff-caliber production, with almost no organizational support. I also don't think the coaches were right to punt in Miami territory in the 4th quarter yesterday. Coaches can be wrong. And in this instance, in designing the 2017 offense, they were wrong to not bring in an OC who would use Tyrod's abilities to their fullest potential.

If you can't see that, yikes.

Edited by LA Grant

1 minute ago, LA Grant said:

Is it possible that red zone production regressed for another reason? A completely overhauled and downgraded WR group, maybe? New OC? No? Just Tyrod?

Well, let's see. First year, Greg Roman's playbook was built probably for Matt Cassel -- Rex said from the get-go we'd be ground & pound. Tyrod stole the job in training camp, but that offense was NOT built with him in mind -- it was built to be as QB-proof as possible. Second year, Anthony Lynn is working off of Roman's playbook but adjusting the philosophy which remains run-first -- makes sense because he was a RB coach. 

This year could've been the opportunity to build around Tyrod, but the coaches did the opposite. It's clear that they don't trust him, based on the Chargers game alone, and Dennison's scheme isn't a fit for Tyrod's abilities -- you'd want a RPO offense -- but I don't they're right. I think it's an error on their part, one that hopefully they are reconsidering given Taylor's playoff-caliber production, with almost no organizational support. I also don't think the coaches were right to punt in Miami territory in the 4th quarter yesterday. Coaches can be wrong. And in this instance, in designing the 2017 offense, they were wrong to not bring in an OC who would use Tyrod's abilities to their fullest potential.

56 yards

7 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Go read again smart guy

14 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Thank Dalton for making a pass TT never would attempt

1 minute ago, Bill_with_it said:

For all too see. This is what you said tough guy. A pass Taylor would never attempt. Once again you have lied.

Edited by Bill_with_it

In my mind, Taylor has just got another week to prove something. But he’s really gonna need more then one week. He’s just too inconsistent. 3 different OCs have worked with him.  Hogan, Woods, Goodwin all were once used as an excuse for Taylor, all have moved on and proven to be quality players. Doesn’t matter who is on the field, Taylor shys away from getting the WRs involved in games. That makes it even harder when are put in passing situations. Too many disappearing acts also. Play a decent 15 to 30 minutes and stink it up the rest of the game. Seen too much of it.  

Enjoy the playoffs, it’ll be fun. We got the best matchup we could of hoped for in the wildcard.

To improve and move forward we need to try to upgrade where we are the weakest. I find it hard to believe our passing  doesn’t fit into that category. 

9 hours ago, LA Grant said:

This year could've been the opportunity to build around Tyrod, but the coaches did the opposite. It's clear that they don't trust him, based on the Chargers game alone, and Dennison's scheme isn't a fit for Tyrod's abilities -- you'd want a RPO offense -- but I don't think they're right. I think it's an error on their part, one that hopefully they are reconsidering given Taylor's playoff-caliber production, with almost no organizational support. I also don't think the coaches were right to punt in Miami territory in the 4th quarter yesterday. Coaches can be wrong. And in this instance, in designing the 2017 offense, they were wrong to not bring in an OC who would use Tyrod's abilities to their fullest potential.

I can guarantee that Greg Roman did not build an offense around a journeyman back up QB.  If they specifically built the offense for him, they would not have had a competition....especially a 3 man competition.  

Roman: Hey Rex, I’ve built our offense for Matt Cassel specifically.

Ryan:  Great!  Let’s have a 3 man competition for the job.  If Matt Cassel doesn’t win it, let’s not change anything to our offense.  Let’s have the winner run the offense that was designed just for Matt Cassel.

10 hours ago, LA Grant said:

The same players that convert these 3rd down conversions are the same guys playing in the RZ.  

Anticipation, not hesitation.  

6 hours ago, Bill_with_it said:

For all too see. This is what you said tough guy. A pass Taylor would never attempt. Once again you have lied.

Ok good you posted it and still cant grasp the english language. 

So.  Show me the video evidence of 

4th and 12, 59 seconds, open check down for a 1st, and instead Tentative Taylor takes a 49 yard pass between three defenders. 

Or as i said “A pass Taylor would never attempt”

Ready GO

21 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Thank Dalton for making a pass TT never would attempt

20 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ok good you posted it and still cant grasp the english language. 

So.  Show me the video evidence of 

4th and 12, 59 seconds, open check down for a 1st, and instead Tentative Taylor takes a 49 yard pass between three defenders. 

Or as i said “A pass Taylor would never attempt”

Ready GO

You arent very smart are you. Once again Tyrod has made that throw plenty of times and you are a childish liar.

Just now, Bill_with_it said:

You arent very smart are you. Once again Tyrod has made that throw plenty of times and you are a childish liar.

Waiting. I described the throw that throw so i am waiting for that video evidence you have lier 

20 hours ago, Success said:

It just got about 30% harder to part ways with Taylor.  A win over the Jags puts that well over 50%.

Beating the Patriots in round 2?  He stays until he retires.

Nope. Sean McD and Beane has proven that they are more than willing to make "unpopular decisions" to part way with players. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Waiting. I described the throw that throw so i am waiting for that video evidence you have lier 

No you describe a scenario and not the throw. I dont believe any qb has replicated that scenario this year (minus a hail mary). Thats how ridiculous your posts are you lied again..

1 minute ago, Bill_with_it said:

No you describe a scenario and not the throw. I dont believe any qb has replicated that scenario this year (minus a hail mary). Thats how ridiculous your posts are you lied again..

Blah blah blah. That throw every easy. Done replying with you until you show your video evidence

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Blah blah blah. That throw every easy. Done replying with you until you show your video evidence

Taylor made a deep throw in to double coverage with Clay earlier this season at Atlanta. You just keep lying and violating your integrity. Its a good look on you.