So, the Big 10 huh?

Kirby Jackson

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That last part is where we disagree. I’m not sure that anyone can make an argument that Alabama played a tougher schedule. I was at that Iron Bowl and they got DOMINATED. That score was closer than the game and Johnson played hurt. That was the only tough game that Alabama had. It came down to 2 losses vs. 1 but I would be surprised if Alabama went through that schedule with 1 loss. 

This^  I don’t think that the OSU loss to Iowa is viewed fairly. The Big Ten schedule wears teams down when compared to Bama’s SEC path. Iowa is rarely in the upper echelon of college teams, but they are very a well coached team. I’d like to see SEC teams win in Iowa City on a regular basis. Additionally, Clemson’s loss in Syracuse is uglier than any loss to Iowa. 

Can the Big 10 claim UCF since Scott Frost is now the coach of Nebraska?

Btw... LSU and Auburn lose. If Alabama beats Clemson, all good. If not, yikes. That resume is brutal. 

And im not advocating for OSU. I would, however, advocate Wisconsin. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

On 1/1/2018 at 1:10 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Sorry Vader. Do you guys know yet if Shea Patterson is eligible next season?

I don't know yet, and honestly I don't want the Wolverines to pursue him.

I'd rather they go with the players they have and let them grow.

The Wolverines have a lot of young players on offense. Let Peters & McCaffrey battle it out in the spring. They were both high recruits.

Go with what you have.

Edited post....

Just read that DE Chase Winovich is returning to Michigan as a 5th year Senior. :)

Edited by Mark Vader

Like it or not, OSU laying the egg in last year's playoff didn't help.  B1G was punished a bit for that horrid showing and I am sure committee members, though not supposed to consider last year, could not help but want to avoid another game like that.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/31/2017 at 10:13 AM, /dev/null said:

Funny but not entirely accurate

The snarky comments next to Fitzgerald and Chryst mask the fact that they are coaching their Alma Mater's

Meyer is an Ohio native whose college coaching career started as a Graduate Assistant at Ohio State

Franklin is a Pennsylvania native whose coaching career started at a small college in PA (Kutztown)

Saban has made their entire conference bow at his feet, he graduated from an Ohio MAC school, had his first head coaching job at an Ohio MAC school and his first big time job was with a B1G school.

Dan Mullen owes everything to Urban.

Joe Moorhead is from B1G country.

Gary Pinkel is as MAC as they come.

On 1/1/2018 at 4:43 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Can the Big 10 claim UCF since Scott Frost is now the coach of Nebraska?

Btw... LSU and Auburn lose. If Alabama beats Clemson, all good. If not, yikes. That resume is brutal. 

And im not advocating for OSU. I would, however, advocate Wisconsin. 

The biggest thing that bothers me is Wisconsin and Auburn played themselves out of the playoffs in a game Bama didn't have to play.  If Delany knew the Buckeyes had no chance to make the playoff with a win and just canceled the B1G title game, declaring Wisconsin the 12-0 champ, does Bama jump them as they both sit idle?  The lack of consistency from the committee is the most concerning, the things that they quoted as putting Ohio State above TCU and Baylor in 2014 they threw out the window just 3 years later.

Why do the Buckeyes get punished for playing an extra conference game and a big non-conference game when Bama plays Mercer in the meat of the schedule?  Iowa was a disqualifying loss, but had the Buckeyes torched Kansas in week 2 instead of losing to Oklahoma, they are in.  If the committee is just going to know "we know they are among the top 4 most talented teams", then Bama gets in every year automatically.

1 hour ago, metbill said:

Like it or not, OSU laying the egg in last year's playoff didn't help.  B1G was punished a bit for that horrid showing and I am sure committee members, though not supposed to consider last year, could not help but want to avoid another game like that.

And Sparty did the same the year before. Big 10 was outscored something like 70-0 over two years of playoffs. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The biggest thing that bothers me is Wisconsin and Auburn played themselves out of the playoffs in a game Bama didn't have to play.  If Delany knew the Buckeyes had no chance to make the playoff with a win and just canceled the B1G title game, declaring Wisconsin the 12-0 champ, does Bama jump them as they both sit idle?  The lack of consistency from the committee is the most concerning, the things that they quoted as putting Ohio State above TCU and Baylor in 2014 they threw out the window just 3 years later.

Why do the Buckeyes get punished for playing an extra conference game and a big non-conference game when Bama plays Mercer in the meat of the schedule?  Iowa was a disqualifying loss, but had the Buckeyes torched Kansas in week 2 instead of losing to Oklahoma, they are in.  If the committee is just going to know "we know they are among the top 4 most talented teams", then Bama gets in every year automatically.

This is why they need more teams in the playoffs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.