My Least Favorite Reporter = Bill Barnwell From ESPN

BuffaloRush

12 minutes ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

Tyrod had two chances to beat the Patriots this year which is the cream of the crop AFC wise and failed only scoring 3 points in the first one and 16 which should have been 20 in the second one and had absolutely no offense in the second half against a very susceptible and banged up defense. We also came out flat with Tyrod against the Bengals, Jets and Saints with embarrassing performances.

AFC was garbage this year and our qb couldn’t lead the offense anywhere even with the defense causing a high amount of turnovers. 

Barnwell should talk about that more.  

Tyrod is a fairly mediocre QB that has proven he can win games in the NFL. Peterman was a rookie 5th rounder that had shown he could play well in preseason and against a Saints defense that was playing prevent. 

The decision to bench Tyrod for Peterman when the Bills were 5-4 and in the thick of the playoff race was one of the worst coaching moves made this year in the NFL. It could have been a fireable offense if McDermott was not a rookie coach exceeding expectations for the season. The only other comparable coaching choice I can think of this year was McAdoo benching Eli Manning for Geno Smith, and that one did get McAdoo fired. 

The decision to bench Tyrod in and of itself is not a bad one. He's clearly not THE guy and it's clear the Bills do not view him as the QB of the future. The problem is who we benched him for, as well as when we benched him. 

• Like (+1) 1

There is a case to be made that starting Peterman against the Chargers was a good decision, but going right back to Tyrod for the rest of the year undermines that case. The media guys all said starting Peterman would be a mistake, then he threw 5 picks in one half and the Bills benched him at halftime. So of course the media guys are gloating over this. If McDermott had stuck with Peterman for the rest of the season at least there would be a clear directional goal to point to, the Bills are trying to do better than average at the QB position. Instead it just looks like a poorly thought out decision that the coaches weren't ready to commit to. The most alarming thing about it for me is it seems like the coaches genuinely thought Peterman gave them a better chance to win than Tyrod did.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Hating someone in the media because they have a different opinion than you: America 2017.

Funny because I never said anything about "hating" him.  I did say he was my least favorite reporter - not only because he had a different opinion - but because of the way he arrogantly responds to fans who have a different opinion and distorts reality to support his shallow thinking.  Again, I also didn't like how he brought race into a situation that did not merit.  

Apparently, anytime you express criticism it's perceived as "hate" by social justice warriors:  America 2017.  

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I did that because the poster was rationalizing one of the worst coaching decisions I've ever seen in all my years of watching Bills football.  Legitimate question.

I disagree that it was the "worst."  Taylor has cost the Bills multiple games this season.  I can't blame McDermott for trying to upgrade.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/945031725482201088

Edited by BuffaloRush
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

The kid has looked completely fine in his other appearances, including stepping into an all-time blizzard and running the offense better than Taylor has for much of the season. He deserves credit for that, especially after the disaster in LA. 

The truth of the matter is that while Peterman is far from a world-beating NFL QB at this point, Taylor hasn't really done anything to take 2 out of the picture. I'd rather watch the kid go out and throw 5 INTs trying to make a play rather than Tyrod out there tolberting us for 4 quarters with 60 yards and a FG to show for it.

Also, even Joe Webb is a viable alternative to Tyrod Taylor. That's how poor our starting QB situation currently is. 

This joe Webb comment might literally be the stupidest thing I’ve seen on this board since I’ve been here.  

Freaking IMPRESSIVE 

1 hour ago, BuffaloRush said:

Funny because I never said anything about "hating" him.  I did say he was my least favorite reporter - not only because he had a different opinion - but because of the way he arrogantly responds to fans who have a different opinion and distorts reality to support his shallow thinking.  Again, I also didn't like how he brought race into a situation that did not merit.  

Apparently, anytime you express criticism it's perceived as "hate" by social justice warriors:  America 2017.  

I disagree that it was the "worst."  Taylor has cost the Bills multiple games this season.  I can't blame McDermott for trying to upgrade.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/945031725482201088

McDermott made a horrible miscalculation in assessing Peterman's readiness.  He's made several boneheaded moves regarding personnel (Tolbert being the worst) and in-game decisions (OT punt vs. the Colts).   He actually said he wanted to challenge the the Charles Clay drop in the end zone last week as a TD. Duh!  Among all of his questionable decisions starting unfortuNATE (aka Putrid Peterman) was the worst irrespective of any bad games by Tyrod none of which he singlehandedly lost. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

McDermott made a horrible miscalculation in assessing Peterman's readiness.  He's made several boneheaded moves regarding personnel (Tolbert being the worst) and in-game decisions (OT punt vs. the Colts).   He actually said he wanted to challenge the the Charles Clay drop in the end zone last week as a TD. Duh!  Among all of his questionable decisions starting unfortuNATE (aka Putrid Peterman) was the worst irrespective of any bad games by Tyrod none of which he singlehandedly lost. 

This is 100% your opinion.  You are entitled to your opinion.  Of course, you are also entitled to being WRONG and wrong you are sir.  But seriously, you make some good points.  McDermott does have a long way to go in his game management.  I also agree they completely overestimated Peterman's readiness and the situation they were throwing him into.  That is concerning.

With that being said, while the decision was a mistake, I don't feel it's as dumb as you and guys like Barnwell make it sound.  The Bills had a QB that was passing for 65 yards.  You say Tyrod didn't singlehandedly lose the game - but his subpar play was hurting the team more than any other position.   They knew they needed better play and tried to turn to another QB to do so. 

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

A+ trolling right there.

I actually respect this. Well done, my good man.

Coolidge_after_signing_indian_treaty.jpg

I said it before and i’ll say it again, Taylor has not showed anything all year to prove we could of outscored the Chargers in a shootout.... And, if we don’t make the playoffs the blame has to go to the O and the pathetic performances they had against the Bengals and Panthers.....

The way Taylor was playing it wasn’t the wrong decision to give Peterman a shot,  it was the wrong decision to give him that shot against the Chargers pass rush. 

7 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

This joe Webb comment might literally be the stupidest thing I’ve seen on this board since I’ve been here.  

Freaking IMPRESSIVE 

Is it really though? 

Remember, we're talking about "viable", not "ideal" or even "good". 

Tyrod Taylor is responsible for creating a crisis at the most important position on the field. There is no argument against that. There is no BS obscure stat that can excuse it. He was terrible against the Saints. The offense was terrible as a result. It also wasn't the first time this year that he has run the offense right into the ground. 

So yes, even ol' Joe Webb became a "viable" option at the position... because he has taken NFL snaps before and the production couldn't really get much worse than 56 passing yards and a FG. That is what Taylor had done to the Bills passing game and offense as a whole at that point in the season. 

Joe Webb also happens to have playoff experience as a starting QB in the NFL, as I'm sure you probably know. Taylor does not have that, by the way. I had to look it up, but interestingly enough, his stat line from that playoff start should look awfully familiar.... 11/30 180 yards 1TD and 1INT. Around here, there are guys who are ready to put a bust of you in Canton for putting up 180 and a TD. 

Let's also give JW credit for taking the wheel in a historic blizzard and leading the Bills to a win that will go down as one of the most memorable ever at the Ralph.

At the end of the day though, he's not a good QB. He probably shouldn't ever take another snap.

So yes, I will absolutely claim that after Tyrod's multiple abysmal performances this year, culminating with the 56'er he put up against NO... all options at QB became "viable", even Joe Webb. That's what happens when things get desperate. 

I don't think starting Peterman was a mistake. It was a gutsy call that needed to happen, and I was impressed that the coach was willing to try something. It definitely didn't go as planned, but Tyrod was straight up preventing the team from functioning. Something had to change.

And I am pretty convinced we would have gotten destroyed in that game anyway, albeit with less turnovers.

• Like (+1) 1