Colt Anderson Activated from IR; Trae Elston Waived & Now Claimed by Miami

26CornerBlitz

Just now, cba fan said:

Tre can not play vs Bills. It is against the rules. Can not pick up a player from team you are playing so late in the week you are playing them.

That's a practice squad thing IIRC. It has nothing to do with a player who has been waived. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's a practice squad thing IIRC. It has nothing to do with a player who has been waived. 

Thanks.

I have been trying to find the link that he can not play and I can't because you I think are correct.

6 hours ago, HansLanda said:

This move is so dumb, imo. I am willing to be proven wrong when colt anderson gets a ST tackle after 20 yards on a punt tho. :/ 

I think special teams is what it’s all about.  Andre Holmes was put on IR so Anderson was brought back to replace him.

14 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

4-D Chess!!

Dolphins claiming Elston could be shrewd move, not for this game as much as 2018.

I though Elston actually look good in what limited time he had on the field this year.

Oh stop with your 4d chess crap.  Miami sucks.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2017 at 3:42 AM, MJS said:

You honestly think that? Whaley did what McDermott wanted. McDermott was clearly running the show.

Normally yes, but this was a unique situation where the club was planning to move on from the GM, so McDermott had much more control than normal. Whaley had very little say in what happened, and I am sure that whatever he DID do had to be signed and stamped for approval by McDermott.

Just to clear things up...Whaley ran the draft process as per usual, he did in a collaborative fashion ( as he has done with the prior coaches during his tenure) as stated in this article.

I stand by my initial stance that DW is a good evaluator of talent, with Rex & co the only request for DW & staff was to acquire good football players and his coaches would teach them how to fit the scheme. 

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/2018/01/19/tredavious-white-dion-dawkins-matt-milano-zay-jones-led-buffalo-bills-rookie-class/1047316001/

• Like (+1) 1