OL doing pretty well, actually

Domdab99

25 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

So is this because TT runs arround like crazy, or is the OL actually, you know....good?

Tyrod holds the ball too long, which is one of his problems, and can reflect poorly on the offensive line.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

So is this because TT runs arround like crazy, or is the OL actually, you know....good? 

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/946474844211818496

can't post the JPEG because it's too big...oh well

This points out the problem with stats generated by people other than the pro football professionals.   Pretty obvious to me that your rating on this list is NOT a measure of offensive line play.   It's a measure of something that is related to having a mobile quarterback.  Taylor, Brees, Carr, Mariota are all on the top of this list.  

Edited by Shaw66
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

This points out the problem with stats generated by people other than the pro football professionals.   Pretty obvious to me that your rating on this list is NOT a measure of offensive line play.   It's a measure of something that is related to having a mobile quarterback.  Taylor, Brees, Carr, Mariota are all on the top of this list.  

I agree. I have real issues with Pro Football Focus in general rating individual players. They are watching the film and I think on some plays you can probably give a grade, but they have NO IDEA what the players actual responsibility was on a given play. A player can be way out of position who just happens to make a play because of it and they will rate them really well on that play but in the film room, the player will probably get torn apart for being out of position. I hate how much people rely on this third party company to determine how good or bad a player is.

1 minute ago, ducej11 said:

I agree. I have real issues with Pro Football Focus in general rating individual players. They are watching the film and I think on some plays you can probably give a grade, but they have NO IDEA what the players actual responsibility was on a given play. A player can be way out of position who just happens to make a play because of it and they will rate them really well on that play but in the film room, the player will probably get torn apart for being out of position. I hate how much people rely on this third party company to determine how good or bad a player is.

They are credible. The ratings are typically accurate. Not 100%.

1 hour ago, westerndecline said:

I'll put it this way the o-line has not been the problem past 3 years

Not true.  The O-line has never been fully healthy and has always had issues with pass protection.  Even when Glenn is healthy the right side has been below average at best.

Yes TT holds the ball too long, but he escapes many more sacks than he takes. 

Ducasse has looked better.  Mills is probably not the worst RT in the league but probably bottom 5.

Best hope is Glenn is healthy and Dawkins replaces Mills.  Hope McDumbass doesn't trade him for a conditional 7th round pick. I think it is less than 50/50 Glenn is back.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Many NFL teams have paid them for research. 

Couple of things here. What did they pay for? I highly highly doubt if they paid anything it had to do with the players and how they perform. My guess is IF, and it's a big IF, any NFL team ever paid them a dime, it had more to do with scheme and tendencies. Maybe even tendencies of individual players sure. I am not saying PFF doesn't have some value, it's just not in evaluating every player on every play since they had no idea what the responsibility is.

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

DSKN2qIUIAAReI_.jpg

DSJT5wGWAAA-Xm1.jpg

ESPN and PFF don't agree.

They do agree about Saints Raiders Titans.  But you have to wonfer about the quality of ratings when the Bills are at the tip of one list and the bottom of another.  

It's all based on amateurs evaluating film.  That's a joke. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

They do agree about Saints Raiders Titans.  But you have to wonfer about the quality of ratings when the Bills are at the tip of one list and the bottom of another.  

It's all based on amateurs evaluating film.  That's a joke. 

Hard to reconcile such a disparity. 

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

They've definitely had some stinker games, but for the most part they've done pretty well.  The 2nd jets game sticks out in my mind as a game where they really disappointed.

Chargers game was no picnic either. That one definitely sticks out as well.