IMO Why the Pats get the Calls

JinxedBill1

43 minutes ago, ThePatriotWay said:

Only because they're the BEST team in the league. ?

They only win as often as they do BECAUSE they get the calls. And when that stops, all of you band wagon fans will jump right off and focus on the Red Sox again. The Pats* fans (who barely understand football) give that team NO support when the winning stops.

Manufacturing drama might work on some people, but there are also people like me.  It drives me away from the game.  I use to watch every single NFL game I could watch.  Now I only watch Bills games.  Later in the season I might watch some of the games that might help the Bills.  I rarely watch playoff games anymore.  Sometimes I don't even fully watch the superbowl.  

I just don't care anymore.  All the rules and the obvious bias in officiating has made the sport a complete joke.  I am also tired of NE's domination of the league.  Its old, tired, and sickening.  Especially with how cocky they and their fans are.  

2 minutes ago, ThunderingHerd said:

I'd love it if the Bills were the "David" to knock off the "Goliath". 

Me too.  

Next season.   Bills have taken the next step and Brady is over the hill.   I think he clearly looks like he's slipping now, and I'm guessing next season we'll start to see the serious decline.   He isn't nearly as accurate as even a year ago, and I think the league is finally catching up to their passing scheme.   The Bills showed yesterday that you have to take away Gronk and be smart how to play the rest of their average receivers.  If you can do that and have a pass rusher or two who actually hit him, he's becoming beatable. 

Next season. 

• Like (+1) 1

It's blatantly obvious now.  The league wants the Pats in the Super Bowl.   Two refereee calls on the field with the play right in front of them, one yesterday and one against the Steelers.  Both call touchdowns and despite needing incontrovertible evidence to overturn,  they each get overturned and as a result the Pats get home field for the playoffs.  And overturned only after an inordinate amount of replay time.

Not only that but yesterday through the entire first half no penalties and the game is close.   Too close because somehow in the second half we start getting penalties but the Patriots don't.  

The Pats are better than us, true.  But the way they refs called the game just makes it obvious that there is inherent bias.  The league should be ashamed and Terry needs to speak up.  If fans start to realize en mass the games are rigged the league will suffer.

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

They only win as often as they do BECAUSE they get the calls. And when that stops, all of you band wagon fans will jump right off and focus on the Red Sox again. The Pats* fans (who barely understand football) give that team NO support when the winning stops.

Ive been a Pats fan since long before they won a Super Bowl. So...try again? Lol quit talking like you know every Pats fan personally. And don't you feel ridiculously embarrassed having to make excuses like "they only win because they get the call"? Is that how they crushed the Bills by 21 points yesterday? Keep the laughs coming, kiddo. ?

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

Me too.  

Next season.   Bills have taken the next step and Brady is over the hill.   I think he clearly looks like he's slipping now, and I'm guessing next season we'll start to see the serious decline.   He isn't nearly as accurate as even a year ago, and I think the league is finally catching up to their passing scheme.   The Bills showed yesterday that you have to take away Gronk and be smart how to play the rest of their average receivers.  If you can do that and have a pass rusher or two who actually hit him, he's becoming beatable. 

Next season. 

I concur.  I look for a good draft from McBeane and a solid offseason.  We'll be in good shape.  

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Me too.  

Next season. 

^^lolololol you can't be serious with all that garbage? Brady not nearly as accurate? Is that why he's in the MVP race?? Keep the hate coming. ?

1 minute ago, ThePatriotWay said:

Ive been a Pats fan since long before they won a Super Bowl. So...try again? Lol quit talking like you know every Pats fan personally. And don't you feel ridiculously embarrassed having to make excuses like "they only win because they get the call"? Is that how they crushed the Bills by 21 points yesterday? Keep the laughs coming, kiddo. ?

Yes, because the refs give them momentum shifting calls to impact the outcome of a game. Not ALL of their games are won like that but certainly more than their fair share. And I call BS on you being a fan prior to this run. I've been to some of those games and you "fans" were as fair weather as they come. If you were a true one, you were one of about 12. Now go troll along patsy...

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Manufacturing drama might work on some people, but there are also people like me.  It drives me away from the game.  I use to watch every single NFL game I could watch.  Now I only watch Bills games.  Later in the season I might watch some of the games that might help the Bills.  I rarely watch playoff games anymore.  Sometimes I don't even fully watch the superbowl.  

I just don't care anymore.  All the rules and the obvious bias in officiating has made the sport a complete joke.  I am also tired of NE's domination of the league.  Its old, tired, and sickening.  Especially with how cocky they and their fans are.  

I know how you feel, but the only thing that matters is the ratings.   The NFL knows they aren't going to get everyone to watch.   

Look at major league baseball.   Purists like pitchers duels, but the ratings say fans like home runs.   So MLB turned a blind eye to all the drugs and let the home run totals explode.   Ratings went up.   Then MLB got caught and couldn't fight the publicity, so they had to shut down the drugs.  Ratings dropped.   So what happened?  MLB juiced the baseballs, they hit more home runs in 2017 than any time in history.  Ratings went up.   

Does MLB care about the purists?   Yes, but not if the purists are getting in the way of ratings. 

The NFL is no different.  They're in trouble.  They're dealing with concussions, violence, kneeling, all sorts of things.   If promoting the Pats helps ratings, the NFL definitely is going to do it.  And if as a result you think the game is unwatchable, they really don't care, so long as more people like the show they're putting than people like you leave. 

Just now, buffaloboyinATL said:

Yes, because the refs give them momentum shifting calls to impact the outcome of a game. Not ALL of their games are won like that but certainly more than their fair share. And I call BS on you being a fan prior to this run. I've been to some of those games and you "fans" were as fair weather as they come. If you were a true one, you were one of about 12. Now go troll along patsy...

But he's been a fan since "long before they won a super bowl"!! That was like a really long time man! :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

I know how you feel, but the only thing that matters is the ratings.   The NFL knows they aren't going to get everyone to watch.   

Look at major league baseball.   Purists like pitchers duels, but the ratings say fans like home runs.   So MLB turned a blind eye to all the drugs and let the home run totals explode.   Ratings went up.   Then MLB got caught and couldn't fight the publicity, so they had to shut down the drugs.  Ratings dropped.   So what happened?  MLB juiced the baseballs, they hit more home runs in 2017 than any time in history.  Ratings went up.   

Does MLB care about the purists?   Yes, but not if the purists are getting in the way of ratings. 

The NFL is no different.  They're in trouble.  They're dealing with concussions, violence, kneeling, all sorts of things.   If promoting the Pats helps ratings, the NFL definitely is going to do it.  And if as a result you think the game is unwatchable, they really don't care, so long as more people like the show they're putting than people like you leave. 

But ratings have been declining for years.

I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories. I don't think that NFL refs and reviewers are on anyone else's payroll. I don't think that the league and its officials consciously use their authority to manipulate results. There is no cognitive intentionality to any of this IMO.

But I do think that it is at least reasonably possible, perhaps even probable, that the Pats get more than their fair share of calls, including calls that change or strongly influence the result of games. 

If this is true, the likely reason would be a deferential respect for a franchise that has pretty much established itself over the last ten or twelve years as the class (I use the term advisedly) of the league, and for the people who have made it so, namely Bob, Bill and Tom. Kraft's involvement in league ownership's management of officiating may also have played a role as well as the fact that as the league's most successful franchise the Pats might be regarded as one of the league's star attractions and principal engines of profitability. 

There is a risk to the league in all of this however as the list of game changing (or strongly influencing) and questionable decisions (and non-calls) favouring the Pats lengthens. 

Can you imagine a reversal of a KB type touchdown that again favours the Pats and determines the result in the upcoming playoffs or in the championship game? At that point I think the whole thing blows up big time with significant reputational risk to the league.

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Do i need to show you my Drew Bledsoe jersey that ive had since about 1995? 

And the Bills rolled over and got spanked yesterday in the 2nd half. The Pats layed them over their knee and spanked them on national tv. There was no momentum shifting call that caused that. ?

9 minutes ago, ThePatriotWay said:

Youre a troll and a boil on the anus of the worst fanbase in the nfl. 

• Haha (+1) 1