[Misleading Title]Chargers QB benching

Bing Bong

Decision to start Peterman at Chargers, a good one?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Who should have started the Chargers game?

• Nathan Peterman
    • Tyrod Taylor

I hate when people say we blew our playoff chances because Peterman played terrible.  Our defense was horrendous that day.  We couldn't stop the pass or run.  I'm sure if Tyrod played he would have suddenly threw for 400 yards.  The defense played terrible for three weeks in a row.  That is why we might not make the playoffs.  The defense has carried us most of the season except for those 3 weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

You dont know that, just because he is starting means nothing according to your stance on how dumb the coaches are. Peterman, hell even webb, could put up better numbers, and yes more ints, then TT.  And stop acting like you are a football czar, if you were you wouldnt be here. 

You are hilarious.  Just saw your ridiculous RB playing QB comment in another thread.  Peterman and Webb. :lol:

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You are hilarious.  Just saw your ridiculous RB playing QB comment in another thread.  Peterman and Webb. :lol:

Well, he is. When he cant RUN around to make a play rather then sitting in the pocket and throwing a ball to a contested received, i would conser that a RB playing QB. His big plays come from his feet, barely ever his arm. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Well, he is. When he cant RUN around to make a play rather then sitting in the pocket and throwing a ball to a contested received, i would conser that a RB playing QB. His big plays come from his feet, barely ever his arm. 

You have no idea what you're talking about.  Most of the big plays he has made in his career have been on deep passes.  

2 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

It is ridiculous to say "RB playing QB". 

He's definitely more of a WR playing QB. 

Even dumber. You're off to an auspicious start on TSW.

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You have no idea what you're talking about.  Most of the big plays he has made in his career have been on deep passes.  

Yes, we know. You love TT. I am finished replying to your nonsense. Blind love hurts. Just remember. 

5 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

It is ridiculous to say "RB playing QB". 

He's definitely more of a WR playing QB. 

I was going to say becarefull because 26 will rush to his defense but, low and behold he beat me to it. 

Edited by CircleTheWagons99
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Heitz said:

In hindsight, the O line wasn't ready - they ate our lunch all day during that game.  Mix a ferocious pass rush with a line that couldn't block and a rookie QB and things were bound to go bad.

That said, the atmosphere of that game made it a good choice to start a rook (on the road, at least).  It was certainly NOT a loud, whipped-up crowd - at least a quarter was Bills fans.

Lastly, while everyone is going to point at this game as to "why were not in the playoffs", but look to the Panthers, Bengals, Jets games for a few other reasons.  They were all in our reach, but we couldn't finish.

Cest La Vie, our record is what it is, on to tomorrow and next week!

good and fine post right there

Just now, CircleTheWagons99 said:

And just to piss you off more, I would LOVE nothing more then for TT to have a monster game and FINNALY turn the corner this week vs NE. Heres for keeping my hopes up!

Piss me off?  Now we're really talking funny.  You are a confused individual. 

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I said Taylor but, for just that one game, it didn’t matter. The Chargers would have beat us if we had Tom Brady at QB. The Bills were flat everywhere but especially bad at QB.

especially bad at pass protection. It was the Chargers, but jeez

I seriously would like to see Tyrod have a good game. He has had a few in the past but not a corner-turner. I would love to see it because he is a good person and an admirable teammate, so i'm told. This would alleviate a lot of problems for the organization.

4 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

And just to piss you off more, I would LOVE nothing more then for TT to have a monster game and FINNALY turn the corner this week vs NE. Heres for keeping my hopes up!

I

45 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

I believe that the Tyrod fans are seriously myopic because we have been almost 3 years with Tyrod and the end is near. The person who started this thread does not admit that three of Peterman's picks were caused teammates errors. Peterman was picked by the people in charge now, and fits the process. He has the better part of a year in the NFL and he is not a rookie anymore. The doubters do not mention the Colts game,  when the two passes to Benjamin were on the money. I would believe that Peterman is going to be our starter next year , with a seasoned backup.

you best be wrong as heck about next years QB.

They set up the draft acquiring a QB via the College route. as well they should.

does not exclude FA of course

34 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Peterman was not an unknown.  Based on watching his college career and what I saw in preseason, I said he was a project with long term backup potential.  He does not impress me at all as the Bills' potential future starting for a number of reasons.  Putting him in against the Chargers was among the worst decisions I have ever seen a Bills' HC make. 

Oh, my bad.  It’s not an unknown because you saw him play before.  Riiiiiight. You said he was a project with backup potential = he is a project with backup potential. At the time he made the start, Peterman WAS an unknown.  He hadn’t taken a meaningful snap.   The head coach and OC, who are currently employed in the NFL thought the project with backup potential might be an upgrade over tyrod.  I think this all boils down to one thing.  The staff has very little faith in TT.  Whether or not he is the better QB at the time is irrelevant.  If you’re the starting qb you must earn the trust.  TT did not.  

What were your thoughts on Tom Brady’s career at Michigan?  Project with backup potential?  Or did you know he’d be the best qb ever?  Did you know Deshaun Watson would be so special? Did you throw a brick through the tv when we didn’t select Watson?   I said  draymond green was a great player at mich st and would be a great player in the nba,  I said knew that Zach Lavine sucked at UCLA and would never make it in the nba.  I’m sure there were many things that you thought to be true that turned out to be false. Hence, unknown until proven otherwise.  The obnoxiousness in your written tone is what rubs me the wrong way,.  Because you saw Peterman play, you knew he would suck.

I’ll ask again since you failed to reply the first time.  How did you think Peterman played vs the colts?

I’m not saying Peterman is a good qb.  I’m saying I don’t know that he’s a bad qb.  Does tyrod give us a better chance to win at this point?  I’ll answer yes, knowing that there’s a chance Peterman can make that statement false.....because I don’t know how good he is based on what we’ve seen.  The only thing I know is that the front office will try and acquire a qb to replace tyrod,  Why? Because we know he’s not good enough to be our QB of the future,  You included. 

34 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Even dumber. You're off to an auspicious start on TSW.

How has tyrod done throwing the deep ball THIS year?  Pretty good if he’s trying to connect with the WR running out of bounds.

31 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

And just to piss you off more, I would LOVE nothing more then for TT to have a monster game and FINALLY turn the corner this week vs NE. Heres for keeping my hopes up!

Me too. I’ve been holding out hope all 3 years and that will continue while he’s our QB.  The potential is there.  The improvement on that potential hasn’t been.