I tried but I'm a homer

section122

8 hours ago, section122 said:

I tried to keep it cool.  I tried not to get wrapped up in playoff hopefulness.  I tried to remain a "realist."  I tried to stay away from buying in.

I can't.

I'm a homer through and through.  Sitting at work sipping kool-aid on this fine Friday before Christmas and it's delicious!  Screw all the negative Nancies!  For the first time in 13 years we have a legitimate shot at the playoffs in week 16.

The Bills will beat the Patriots this Sunday.  This is the game we will look back on as when the Bills finally overcame the patriot hump.  This is the game where Brady's magic runs out.  This is the game where we take control of our own destiny.  This is the game where we all get back on board with the process.  This is the game where the Bills finally win a game that matters.  This is the game where we all get a Merry Christmas.  This is the game.

Go Bills!  !@#$ the Patriots!

I have a strange feeling the NFL might actually allow us to win this game.

19 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I also think we have a good shot.  I think, most of all, this will be the ultimate test for our coaching staff.  Where in the past we have always been grossly out-coached by the hoodie.  McCoach and crew had a pretty good game plan for Brady last time.  We just couldn’t move the ball.  Let’s hope we can get it done this time.

I don't know. While we limited Brady to 3 FGs in the 1st half, we couldn't stop them from running the ball. Then they made their 2nd half adjustments...which through the season we have not been able to overcome.  

Every NFL team goes into a game with a good feel that they have a shot to win every game. Otherwise they are not playing the game. The Bills definitely have a shot and they have to go into the game believing themselves.  At the same time, we are a pretty flawed team.  We need a lot of bounces go our way to win the game. Sometimes, even when the ball bounced our way we did not capitalize (Bengals where our Secondary got 4 turnovers and got zero points; same last week we had turnovers from Miami in the 2nd half and we got 3 points for it)...So there is a lot riding on the Bills needing a lot to go their way to win against a slightly superior opponent.   The coaching can definitely make a difference; let us hope McDermott and his staff come with a plan to win the game.  Crazier things have happened...Eli to Tyree against the Patriots is symbolic of that.  Go Bills!

19 hours ago, section122 said:

I tried to keep it cool.  I tried not to get wrapped up in playoff hopefulness.  I tried to remain a "realist."  I tried to stay away from buying in.

I can't.

I'm a homer through and through.  Sitting at work sipping kool-aid on this fine Friday before Christmas and it's delicious!  Screw all the negative Nancies!  For the first time in 13 years we have a legitimate shot at the playoffs in week 16.

The Bills will beat the Patriots this Sunday.  This is the game we will look back on as when the Bills finally overcame the patriot hump.  This is the game where Brady's magic runs out.  This is the game where we take control of our own destiny.  This is the game where we all get back on board with the process.  This is the game where the Bills finally win a game that matters.  This is the game where we all get a Merry Christmas.  This is the game.

Me too, watcha gona do, GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, section122 said:

I can't.

How do we have a legitimate shot?  It’s more of a legit shot for the Ravens and Chargers than us.  It’s more of a long shot we make it.  

1 hour ago, PABillsfan23 said:

How do we have a legitimate shot?  It’s more of a legit shot for the Ravens and Chargers than us.  It’s more of a long shot we make it.  

99% probability if we win both games is a legitimate shot in my book.

I have remained pleasantly detached from the entire playoff discussion.

Haven't checked the playoff calculators, assume we will not make playoffs, and I'm OK with it.

If the smoke clears in Week 17 and we are in, that will be great.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/22/2017 at 8:36 AM, section122 said:

I can't.

You'd think you would've learned by now what happens when you start to believe in the Bills... 

Also, we've had a shot at the playoffs this time of the season for the past several years now, but you know what happens.

C'mon man, lay down the Kool-Aid (or crack pipe) and try to relax. Positive vibes & all are great, but no need to set yourself up for dramatic disappointment once again.

2 hours ago, section122 said:

99% probability if we win both games is a legitimate shot in my book.

"If we win both games."

Yeah, and we had a legit shot if we won both games a few years ago but lost to the 2-12 Raiders in week 16 & the last game didn't matter. It's the Bills we're talking about here.