Way too early prediction...

GreggTX

16 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, it’s Cousins OR a rookie. Rudolph is the guy that I don’t like in the group. He just feels limited. I have little confidence that Peterman will ever be more than a number 2. Blokes’ scouting report on him last year was terrifying. Gunner isn’t a fan either. The guys that have seen him the most like him the least. That’s scary. 

I am good with selling the farm for Darnold or Rosen. I think that they are both high end prospects that are pretty safe. I love Baker but am not sure that I would part with all of those assets for a guy that has some downside. Cousins to me would be fine as. FA but I’d rather not part with both 1sts AND pay his price.

The Bills have so many holes that they can’t use both the cap space and the picks. It has to be one or the other and I’m fine either way. I think it’s possible that Milano is the only starter in the front 7 currently on the roster. You have a bunch of spots to fill (#1/2 WR, RG, front 7) that you have to be smart. Trading up for a QB is fine if you are active in FA. Signing Cousins is fine if you have all of that draft capital to plug holes. It has to be one or the other though. The suggestion from Dunkirk Don that we are going to trade a ton of picks for Cousins with an extension scares me. 

I just do not see any trade for Cousins happening but who knows, I'm game.

I really do not care what it costs to find a franchise worthy QB in 2018 I just want one this off season/draft. Between FAs and 2019 draft picks I would think the team will then be much improved and ready to push hard in the playoffs in 2020 maybe even a good push in 2019.

I agree that Peterman will end up nothing more then a backup but to save money and draft stock I would be ok with him starting a few games in 2018 before a rookie took over and pushed him to backup. I like Rudolph mainly because he has solid potential, is a big guy with a big arm and might be had without moving up.

I am on the full boat of Rosen/Darnold move up supporters. As you know I am on the blow up the Tyrod wagon as well.

His money can be used to get players. I really want to move past Rex choice at starter.

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Allen needs so much work but I agree he will go in rd1

He does need a lot of work and I'm really not sure inaccuracy is all that correctable, though as some point out, there are extenuating circumstances that mitigate his flaws.  I prefer Rosen, Darnold, and Mayfield.  (Jackson and Allen have different question marks, but they both seem high risk/reward picks to me.)  I expect Mayfield is the only fella we have a real shot at (of those I favor).  If, however, we don't trade up for a qb, Mayfield is gone and Allen is sitting there, I'd be tempted to gamble.  Just be prepared to sit him the first year and let him learn. 

Edited by Dr. Who

9 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

He does need a lot of work and I'm really not sure inaccuracy is all that correctable, though as some point out, there are extenuating circumstances that mitigate his flaws.  I prefer Rosen, Darnold, and Mayfield.  (Jackson and Allen have different question marks, but they both seem high risk/reward picks to me.)  I expect Mayfield is the only fella we have a real shot at (of those I favor).  If, however, we don't trade up for a qb, Mayfield is gone and Allen is sitting there, I'd be tempted to gamble.  Just be prepared to sit him the first year and let him learn. 

I really hope they stay away from Allen/Jackson, I would take the flyer on Rudolph over either if the Bills stay where they are in draft position.

• Rudolph threw for 423 yards and five touchdowns—in the first half—at Pitt. One NFL scouting director’s assessment: ‘He’s O.K.’ Here’s the book on the prolific quarterback from Oklahoma State
By ALBERT BREER 
September 19, 2017

It was supposed to be a test against Pitt on Saturday, but Mason Rudolph’s stat line by the end of the first half read this way: 20-for-28, 423 yards, 5 TDs, 0 INT, and a commanding 49-14 lead.

What more could the senior possibly do?

The answer would see to be “pretty much nothing.” If Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy kept his foot on the pedal and left Rudolph in the game, getting to 800 or 900 yards wouldn’t have been out of the question. And yet, on the actual tape, some NFL scouts swear there’s still plenty to be desired.

IMO people are asleep on Rudolph and he will be a steal in this draft.

Edited by xRUSHx

Just now, xRUSHx said:

IMO people are asleep on Rudolph and he will be a steal in this draft.

I'm not a Rudolph fan, but I am certainly not an expert.  He's the fella I think could slip to the second round.  I would take him there if I am still looking for a qb.

Of course, if he is as good as you think, you take him in the first.  To me, whenever I watched him, his judgment seemed questionable, his arm strength okay, but not equal to his stature, his wr corps has several future pros, and his conference plays poor defense, generally.  OTOH, I like Mayfield who plays in the same conference.

• Thank you (+1) 1