Jane Fonda turns 80 today

Another Fan

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

The specifics of the Tokyo Rose issue don't matter.

What matters is what is written in the US Constitution re treason, and that case is precedent.

That is what applies to this self absorbed actress, and that is what you have, in my view, erroneously commented on.

This ... is pure gold.

Odd how you're avoiding my question about not wanting to be thanked.  Very odd.

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This ... is pure gold.

Odd how you're avoiding my question about not wanting to be thanked.  Very odd.

You really don't get this do you?

Whether the government decides to prosecute or not is based on a lot of different factors.

The fact is that the Tokyo Rose issue was successfully prosecuted under the the reference I have mentioned twice.

It is exactly what this actress did.

Regarding your claim of me "avoiding" something," its not odd, and I'm not avoiding.

Its simply not worth spending the time for a response.

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

You really don't get this do you?

Whether the government decides to prosecute or not is based on a lot of different factors.

The fact is that the Tokyo Rose issue was successfully prosecuted under the the reference I have mentioned twice.

It is exactly what this actress did.

Regarding your claim of me "avoiding" something," its not odd, and I'm not avoiding.

Its simply not worth spending the time for a response.

You're wrong on every level.

And your response, "don't thank me for my service," was ignorant. That's coming from a veteran who appreciates when others take the time to acknowledge.

Peace

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You're wrong on every level.

And your response, "don't thank me for my service," was ignorant. That's coming from a veteran who appreciates when others take the time to acknowledge.

Peace

From folks like you, I don't want it.

It was an honor and something that set me up for life.

Again, regarding the actress issue,  you have absolutely no idea of the impact of what she did, and it absolutely falls in the treason range.

I'm not going to overstate it, but it was treason, by definition.

To claim that someone who has that view is the victim of bad information, or "what you have been told" is immensely disrespectful to those who went through it and relayed what they know. 

Edited by sherpa
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Joan was the hardest working woman in show biz and didn’t take herself too seriously.  She is missed.

What I meant was Fonda is 80 and looks like that.- She has definitely had a lot of plastic surgery like Joan rivers did.