Why are liberals mad about the tax plan???

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

To answer the OP: the only reason that the dems are so mad about the tax cut is that they are afraid that it will work. If they were confident that it would be a failure then they would secretly be doing a mass jig.

Thats what im getting at.

But its deeper than tht

U libs need to admit its not reubs u should be mad at.

Ur party is full of **** on left issues

Why do u honestly have faith in the Democrats Lynn from 2008 to 2010 they didn't accomplish any signature legislation that they talked about for years

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

They weren't obstructionists until the Tea Party Republicans came into office in '11.  They wanted to show big government didn't work and they made sure of it.  During the ACA legislation the Republicans were just screaming about death panels, jamming a bill through without bipartisanship input, special payoffs, etc...  It's somewhat humorous to me to see Dems saying almost the exact same thing about tax reform and repealing the individual mandate.

Don't classify Tea Partiers as Republican. The Tea Parties stood for Taxed Enough Already. They were/are Republicans, Independents, Conservatives and even some Democrats. They were not a national organization but a national "movement". They wanted fiscal responsibility, adherence to the Constitution and a strong defense. They were hated by the RINOS as much as they were hated by the liberals. Putting all the props aside that you saw the MSM push (tri-corner hats, muskets and flags), they are our country's conscience.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

They weren't obstructionists until the Tea Party Republicans came into office in '11.  They wanted to show big government didn't work and they made sure of it.  During the ACA legislation the Republicans were just screaming about death panels, jamming a bill through without bipartisanship input, special payoffs, etc...  It's somewhat humorous to me to see Dems saying almost the exact same thing about tax reform and repealing the individual mandate.

bull ****

U had 59 votes 58 votes even 60

U were too kitty to go to reconciliation

Instead u bowed to the ins companies , a hc bill from a right wing think tank...

At least the Republicans are honest and they're in your face about wanting to help the rich  and the investment class ...Democrats lie to your face

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Don't classify Tea Partiers as Republican. The Tea Parties stood for Taxed Enough Already. They were/are Republicans, Independents, Conservatives and even some Democrats. They were not a national organization but a national "movement". They wanted fiscal responsibility, adherence to the Constitution and a strong defense. They were hated by the RINOS as much as they were hated by the liberals. Putting all the props aside that you saw the MSM push (tri-corner hats, muskets and flags), they are our country's conscience.

Some supporters are Democrats, but I haven't seen anybody take office as a Tea Party Democrat at any level of government.  I could very well be wrong though.  I don't doubt that the supporters of the movement mean well.  I question the politicians they elect.

18 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

bull ****

U had 59 votes 58 votes even 60

U were too kitty to go to reconciliation

Instead u bowed to the ins companies , a hc bill from a right wing think tank...

At least the Republicans are honest and they're in your face about wanting to help the rich  and the investment class ...Democrats lie to your face

You lost me there as the ACA couldn't be passed through reconciliation.  Just regular order.  A few increases in subsidies and taxes were passed through reconciliation later on.  I agree with you that Democrats passed a right wing think tank health plan and bowed down to insurance companies.  The public option had to be scrapped in order to get all 60 on board in the few months the Dems had the Supermajority.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

You have to give them credit though - death panels may not have materialized, but the ACA turned out to be the giant pile of excrement that they claimed it would. What I find admirable about the TEA party movement is that it was organic in origin, and not the brainchild of some partisan organization.

33 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Yep, spot on. Well said.

Edited by Azalin

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Some supporters are Democrats, but I haven't seen anybody take office as a Tea Party Democrat at any level of government.  I could very well be wrong though.  I don't doubt that the supporters of the movement mean well.  I question the politicians they elect.

You lost me there as the ACA couldn't be passed through reconciliation.  Just regular order.  A few increases in subsidies and taxes were passed through reconciliation later on.  I agree with you that Democrats passed a right wing think tank health plan and bowed down to insurance companies.  The public option had to be scrapped in order to get all 60 on board in the few months the Dems had the Supermajority.

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

No dem is going to win office as a Tea Partier. They'd have better luck running as a Teabagger. The politicians they elect are generally speaking, ok. Some of the others that they supported but didn't get elected were not good candidates but may not have been vetted enough. The thing that really matters is what they stand for and do you agree with it?

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

bull ****

Single payer couldve been passed with 50 plus 1 

Again ur party was too kitty to do it

60 votes was just an informal agreement

Reconciliation ( simple majority) can be used for any legislation except a constitutional amendment

And impeachment

There may be a couple other ones i cant recall

Edited by westerndecline

1 hour ago, westerndecline said:

bull ****

Single payer couldve been passed with 50 plus 1 

Again ur party was too kitty to do it

60 votes was just an informal agreement

Reconciliation ( simple majority) can be used for any legislation except a constitutional amendment

And impeachment

There may be a couple other ones i cant recall

Back when we had regular order, the Republicans would have filibustered the legislation forcing the Democrats to secure 60 votes for passage of the ACA.  The reconciliation process is complex and the Democrats didn't want to go that route when they had the supermajority.  They couldn't even get the public option because Lieberman threatened to join in on the filibuster.  The only person who pushed for single payer at the time was Bernie Sanders and thank god there weren't 59 other Democrats who thought like he did.

Why are you so obsessed with this anyways? 

Edited by Doc Brown

They are terrified that it will work because it will refute the dogma that’s been their mantra and creed for decades. 

10 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

To answer the OP: the only reason that the dems are so mad about the tax cut is that they are afraid that it will work. If they were confident that it would be a failure then they would secretly be doing a mass jig.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

It was Republican, fueled by Fox News (Republican party TV) which gushed endlessly over it and gave it wall to wall coverage. If they wanted fiscal responsibility why are they not complaining about this tax plan that is all debt? Some movement 

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Back when we had regular order, the Republicans would have filibustered the legislation forcing the Democrats to secure 60 votes for passage of the ACA.  The reconciliation process is complex and the Democrats didn't want to go that route when they had the supermajority.  They couldn't even get the public option because Lieberman threatened to join in on the filibuster.  The only person who pushed for single payer at the time was Bernie Sanders and thank god there weren't 59 other Democrats who thought like he did.

Why are you so obsessed with this anyways? 

Is this an indictment on repubs or dems

U kno and i kno the dems couldve used reconciliation....

My point is the dems are their own problem

Don't blame Republicans for doing what they always say they're going to do when Democrats can't even pass their own signature legislation

2 hours ago, westerndecline said:

Is this an indictment on repubs or dems

U kno and i kno the dems couldve used reconciliation....

My point is the dems are their own problem

Don't blame Republicans for doing what they always say they're going to do when Democrats can't even pass their own signature legislation

They passed the ACA.  WTF are you talking about?

• Like (+1) 1