So does anyone BELIEVE we will make the Playoffs?

BigDingus

42 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

I agree. It's not about the other teams helping us or not. It's about our team that has lived on luck for many of our wins counting on it 2X vs Miami. Not seeing it.

i'm not as worried about miami as are a lot of posters. i respect the coaching but this isn't last year's wreck's defense.  they also traded ajayi.

stop the run and get to the passer. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

You are a wise man, GB.  I am with you on the above.

Niners I believe are even favored next week against the Titans (didn't check, a buddy told me).  Man, that and a loss to the rams the following week would make our Pats game almost meaningless (hoping that the Bolts are in first at that time).

My real, real, gut churning worry scenario is:

- we beat the Dolphins at home and lose in New England;

- the Titans lose at San Fran and at home to the Rams;

- St Doug.... with his Jags already in the dance rests his starters and the Titans win in week 17 to get in at 9-7

That feels horribly realistic to me.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, billsredneck1 said:

i'm not as worried about miami as are a lot of posters. i respect the coaching but this isn't last year's wreck's defense.  they also traded ajayi.

stop the run and get to the passer. 

But we have almost no pass rush. Cutler isn't great by any means, but he's the kind of guy who can have the random 300 yard 3 TD day to kill you.

13 minutes ago, TBDlurkerSINCE07 said:

We need a healthy TT first and foremost. 

If we finish 9-7, I'll take my chances on getting in. Baltimore has a cupcake schedule, but it's still Joe Flacco, you never know and Tennessee looks rough right about now. I'd say we're greater than 50% if we get to 9-7. so yes I believe.

to the bolded....ummm....no thanks.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

- St Doug.... with his Jags already in the dance rests his starters and the Titans win in week 17 to get in at 9-7

ah, ah, ah...I hear you, my friend.

However, If the Pats beat the Steelers next week the Jags stand a real shot of a first round bye if they beat the Titans at the end of the season as they win tie breakers against  Pittsburgh.

So...oh, man...can't believe I am saying this...go Pats.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You expect the Ravens to lose to the Browns or Bungles?  KC to lose to Denver in Denver, 

I think the odds of the Ravens losing to Cincy or Cleveland = the odds of us losing at home vs Miami or @ Miami. 

Definitely could happen. Wouldn't bet on it, but would not be shocked if Baltimore lays an egg.

13 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Buffalo has to win out  the wway the schedule looks for all of their competition. 

havnt I read if buffalo goes 9-7 and tenn goes 9-7 we get the tiebreaker? I don't think its far fetched at all to think TENN can lose 2 of their last 3. against a niners team next week that's twice the squad they were now that they are starting Jimmy G. against the rams and then the jags...... if they don't bring it hard they could easily lose 2 of those 3. and I think we need to pay more attention to them than we do the ravens. ravens schedule is a joke the rest of the way out.

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

ah, ah, ah...I hear you, my friend.

However, If the Pats beat the Steelers next week the Jags stand a real shot of a first round bye if they beat the Titans at the end of the season as they win tie breakers against  Pittsburgh.

So...oh, man...can't believe I am saying this...go Pats.

Good point.  Hopefully they feel the need to play for that.  

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

really need the pats to beat the steelers next week and the jags to keep winning until week 17 so they have a chance at that bye.

1 minute ago, billsredneck1 said:

to the bolded....ummm....no thanks.

TT gives us the best shot to win THIS SEASON. With the current QB situation, he is our best hope.

Best case for Peterman (for those that think a healthy Nate > TT) is to practice and prepare after he is cleared late this week. What if he isn't cleared until Friday? You really want this kid to go in with no reps? 

Like him or not, TT gives us the best shot right now, all things considered. I don't see how you can think otherwise.

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The odds for making the playoffs are rediculous, we would need so many stars to line up and in the end we would probably lose to the Patriots backups like we did vs the Steelers. 

I don't think we will make the playoffs either.  But the odds aren't ridiculous.  My guess is enough things will go right for the Bills to get in & in typical Bills fashion they will lay an egg down in South Florida the last week of the season. 

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

I love that we get to talk like this in December.

No, we have never won a Super Bowl and I am going to go out on a limb and say it seems unlikely we will win one this year...but this is a blast, isn't it?

It's been 13 years since a meaningful week 17 game.  Get that and I will be excited.  Have to have this Miami game next Sunday.  

2 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

But we have almost no pass rush. Cutler isn't great by any means, but he's the kind of guy who can have the random 300 yard 3 TD day to kill you.

well adolphus is improving, kyle is solid....thornton and coleman. we will need eddie, davis and hughes to have a good game,  but again,this isn't last year's defense.

all we need is for frazier to pull a lot of stunts, because against that line ,it's not going to be easy to just rush 4.....or smart.

Just now, billsredneck1 said:

well adolphus is improving, kyle is solid....thornton and coleman. we will need eddie, davis and hughes to have a good game,  but again,this isn't last year's defense.

all we need is for frazier to pull a lot of stunts, because against that line ,it's not going to be easy to just rush 4.....or smart.

After 13 games, it's fair to count on almost no real pass rush. Anything close to pressure would be a bonus.

20 minutes ago, TBDlurkerSINCE07 said:

We need a healthy TT first and foremost. 

If we finish 9-7, I'll take my chances on getting in. Baltimore has a cupcake schedule, but it's still Joe Flacco, you never know and Tennessee looks rough right about now. I'd say we're greater than 50% if we get to 9-7. so yes I believe.

The thing with Tenn is their point differential is horrible, which is a good indicator they are not as good as their record suggests.  I could see them losing all three games. 

6 minutes ago, TBDlurkerSINCE07 said:

TT gives us the best shot to win THIS SEASON. With the current QB situation, he is our best hope.

Best case for Peterman (for those that think a healthy Nate > TT) is to practice and prepare after he is cleared late this week. What if he isn't cleared until Friday? You really want this kid to go in with no reps? 

Like him or not, TT gives us the best shot right now, all things considered. I don't see how you can think otherwise.

maybe,  but i believe for the team to possibly win out, i think peterman has the better chance.

4 minutes ago, Gordio said:

The thing with Tenn is their point differential is horrible, which is a good indicator they are not as good as their record suggests.  I could see them losing all three games. 

rams and jags are both very losable and now of a sudden with jimmy g in there the niners game doesn't look easy for them.

Sorry but i don't think we have a chance at it this year ! If the Bills could have won some of the games they should have (like the Jets game) then maybe but they didn't  The only way is if who ever turned off the switch after the first 6 games turns it back on then we can have a good chance .

The Pats are another loss & i think the Fins we could split so i'm not feeling it this year ..

Which sucks but hey I'm a Bills fan !!