Shaver Killing - Police Found Not Guilty (graphic video in link)

Paulus

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

One would think that the cop would get him standing with hands against the wall with his legs spread in preparation of handcuffing him. In that position it would seem that any threatening movements would be very clear to see. It's obvious that the cop escalated the situation by his yelling and specific words. My guess is that he was a bad cop (not corrupt) not suited for this type of work.

The cop was probably mad because he didn't have any donuts and a micropenis. He probably also lost to siggies hunters, which is worse.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

One would think that the cop would get him standing with hands against the wall with his legs spread in preparation of handcuffing him. In that position it would seem that any threatening movements would be very clear to see. It's obvious that the cop escalated the situation by his yelling and specific words. My guess is that he was a bad cop (not corrupt) not suited for this type of work.

No, that isn't the way this should be handled. He was dealing with a possibly armed suspect,  and the protocol is to bring the person to you and cuff under cover, in either a kneeling or prone position.  You aren't going to go to him, in case a person comes out of the room with a gun.  Those would be very poor tactics. 

His verbal commands and condescension exacerbated the situation, seemingly causing more stress in Shaver.  He probably needed to be more calm and direct with his commands.  Tactically,  it was handled correctly (in my opinion) except for the part where he shot Shaver. Manslaughter would have been a fair verdict,  it seems.  But,  still a high burden in court to reach that. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, /dev/null said:

Other than that, did you enjoy the play Mrs Lincoln?

Yeah, that sounds bad.  I was mostly responding to 3rd's idea that Shaver could have been cuffed without the crawling thing.  

Tactically moving Shaver away from the door, was the correct move. Having him crawl would make it much more difficult to draw,  and then accurately fire at the officers if that was actually his intention.  This should have, in my opinion,  allowed the officers to give a bit more grace when he reached for his pants.  I would think they would have had plenty of time to see the gun in his hand,  and then fire before he could fire at them - since they already had their sights on him. 

1 hour ago, Sig1Hunter said:

No, that isn't the way this should be handled. He was dealing with a possibly armed suspect,  and the protocol is to bring the person to you and cuff under cover, in either a kneeling or prone position.  You aren't going to go to him, in case a person comes out of the room with a gun.  Those would be very poor tactics. 

His verbal commands and condescension exacerbated the situation, seemingly causing more stress in Shaver.  He probably needed to be more calm and direct with his commands.  Tactically,  it was handled correctly (in my opinion) except for the part where he shot Shaver. Manslaughter would have been a fair verdict,  it seems.  But,  still a high burden in court to reach that. 

You also aren't going to him in that situation, because in that hallway you are crossing in to somebody else's line of fire, which would be stupid.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

You also aren't going to him in that situation, because in that hallway you are crossing in to somebody else's line of fire, which would be stupid.  

Not to mention give up any defensive strategic hold that you may have, as it were in this video These officers have a route of egress. Should have gone forward they could have lost cover, or created a situation which could have had them caught in the crossfire (unlikely) or pinned down

On 12/8/2017 at 8:03 AM, Paulus said:

This one was bad; imagine if the victim was black. The news would have actually talked about it, as this murder* was worse than most of the ones folks rioted about.

This was actually real. I mean it actually happened. Not like the Missouri fabricated nonsense put together for the lone purpose of causing riots and division. Cop's a murderer.

On 12/9/2017 at 10:50 PM, Rob's House said:

I get how they didn't convict for 2nd degree murder, but I'm having a hard time understanding how he escaped manslaughter. 

As dumb as it was for the guy to grab his pants (and it was dumb) there's really no excuse for how the cop put him in that position in the first place.

I'm not big on hindsight aided judgments of someone in a split-second life or death situation, but even trying to give the cop the benefit of the doubt, I don't see how you can justify his actions.

Maybe Eminem will write a song about the trigger happy cop wanting to unload his gun into that guy. Probably not, because it won't convey how "woke" he is.

Because you can't undermine the enforcement arm of the gov't.

Collateral damage to keep the police from mutiny.

Again, it's AZ... So many other problems in that state.  Need the cops on your (the governments) side.

Why is this so hard to understand.  I am not being anti-LEO here.

This is negligent homicide

U simply order one person at a time to exit the rooms hands on their heads very slowly

And to stop once they are out of the room.

U then simply tell one at a time to backup slowly with their hands in the air.

Its EXTREMELY SIMPLE

when u keep screaming multiple commands , the person is not going to !@#$in understand or relax enough to fully grasp the situation.  As  former boarding team le , not only is this simon says. This is simon says retard version x super troopers 

Im not so sure a revolution is necessary, although what Chris doren did do was justice and was something i honor , its becoming very close....

This may be the straw that breaks the camels back.

The government, the irs, and the incredibly bloated bureaucrat mess of registration and construction code, constant parking ticket, bull **** fees, bull **** dui laws for $$$, bull **** govt projects is INSANE. ITS OUT OF CONTROL.... Some city council members now have private drivers, and police in my community make upwards of 6 figures..........

The naked aggression against ppl in the middle east, a fake currency, a massive surveillance/ police st, a crony capitalism that would have our founders disgusted, the earmarks, and now this....

I tend to be the cynical george Carlin but i cant help but want to take up arms with the mesa citizens and at the very least take war to this phillip fag, the mesa police dept and reform the whole entire city government

The justice system failed.

If theres ever a time, the time is now

Edited by westerndecline