Gronk Suspended for One Game by the NFL - Appeal Denied

Does anyone think that the Gronk suspension was all a ruse.? THE NFL (Kraft, Jones and et al ) The one game suspension and Gronk's appeal being the ruse so that they could deny the appeal and appease the fans.  the national media was calling for 2 to 3 game suspension and that would not go over well in Patriot Land. Just Saying 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

Does anyone think that the Gronk suspension was all a ruse.? THE NFL (Kraft, Jones and et al ) The one game suspension and Gronk's appeal being the ruse so that they could deny the appeal and appease the fans.  the national media was calling for 2 to 3 game suspension and that would not go over well in Patriot Land. Just Saying 

No.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Strongly disagree here.  We as fans are some degree of unqualified to discuss many topics here - the cause of "inaccurate" passes for example.

The Gronk assault with a club (his arm brace) on a defenseless, OOB down player, is something one needs no special football chops to call: it had NO football purpose, was dangerous to the player, and seems likely to deprive our team of that player's services for >1 game as well as potential long-term consequences to the player.

Fitz comments don't take any of that into account, so we're all quite qualified to say his opinion is very stupid and moreover, if Gronk did that to one of his DBs he'd be irate at the 1 game.

It's obvious he took that into account.  Then he said what he said.  He doesn't think guys should be suspended for these acts.  Di you think he just woke up that day and suddenly had this opinion after seeing the Gronk hit?

Of course not.  As a player, this is his truly held opinion.  As a fan, you came up with your opinion after the hit on White. 

The fact that the vast majority of NFL players (and all of the Buffalo Bills) don't do any of this "retaliation" that endless threads on this board have called them out for is proof of the vast difference in the way the actual players view all of this and the way fans do.

18 hours ago, Limeaid said:

And Kraft gives him a bonus for doing so.

No bonus they actually reworked his contract last year and missing the game going to PROBABLY cost Gronk a couple of million in incentives he won't make now.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

IMO he got  game suspension not just for the hit, but for the taunting afterwards. He did two No No's in a game full of them. (That said I had a hard time feeling sorry for the man he hit man is the dirtiest player in the NFL.)

4 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

No bonus they actually reworked his contract last year and missing the game going to PROBABLY cost Gronk a couple of million in incentives he won't make now.

IMO he got  game suspension not just for the hit, but for the taunting afterwards. He did two No No's in a game full of them. (That said I had a hard time feeling sorry for the man he hit man is the dirtiest player in the NFL.)

What Gronk did was far worse and deserved more was the point. Interesting how you completely avoided that while quoting the post. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

What Gronk did was far worse and deserved more was the point. Interesting how you completely avoided that while quoting the post. 

Because I have already stated numerous times Gronk deserved more. That doesn't mean JuJu didn't deserve one.  if it had just been the hit he just gets fined, if he had just taunted it be just a fine.. he did both so a DOUBLE violation he got a game. 

I like JuJu, hell I thought the hit was a clean hit, I thought his taunting was stupid.

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

Because I have already stated numerous times Gronk deserved more. That doesn't mean JuJu didn't deserve one.  if it had just been the hit he just gets fined, if he had just taunted it be just a fine.. he did both so a DOUBLE violation he got a game. 

I like JuJu, hell I thought the hit was a clean hit, I thought his taunting was stupid.

Gotcha.  JuJu's hit isn't "clean" in today's NFL.

But this is on the refs, too. They've been much too hesitant to eject players like Patriots star Rob Gronkowski, who should have been sent to the showers Sunday in Buffalo after he clearly crossed the line and went into thug mode.

Sure, some of these blows come in the midst of “football acts.” But other stuff, like Gronkowski’s bashing of defenseless Bills cornerback Tre’Davious White, needs to be dealt with by the zebras charged with maintaining control of the games.

“We don’t want to be in the business of ejecting players,” Troy Vincent, the NFL’s executive vice president of operations – and a former Pro Bowl defensive back — said during a conference call Wednesday.

Incredulously, Vincent went on to explain that part of the league's philosophy is that there are "only 17 weeks” and that “we really emphasize, ‘Let the players play.' "

That’s nonsense. Just like his explanation that “the act” and not “the result” of Gronkowski’s body slam on White, who never returned to a game that Gronkowski kept playing in and is still in concussion protocol after getting clubbed in the back of the helmet — goon-style, as he lay prone on the turf — was the basis of the tight end's measly one-game suspension.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

But this is on the refs, too. They've been much too hesitant to eject players like Patriots star Rob Gronkowski, who should have been sent to the showers Sunday in Buffalo after he clearly crossed the line and went into thug mode.

Sure, some of these blows come in the midst of “football acts.” But other stuff, like Gronkowski’s bashing of defenseless Bills cornerback Tre’Davious White, needs to be dealt with by the zebras charged with maintaining control of the games.

“We don’t want to be in the business of ejecting players,” Troy Vincent, the NFL’s executive vice president of operations – and a former Pro Bowl defensive back — said during a conference call Wednesday.

Incredulously, Vincent went on to explain that part of the league's philosophy is that there are "only 17 weeks” and that “we really emphasize, ‘Let the players play.' "

That’s nonsense. Just like his explanation that “the act” and not “the result” of Gronkowski’s body slam on White, who never returned to a game that Gronkowski kept playing in and is still in concussion protocol after getting clubbed in the back of the helmet — goon-style, as he lay prone on the turf — was the basis of the tight end's measly one-game suspension.

I feel the Refs just don't know what the precedence is. Where the line in the sand is. That's not on the Referees !  That is on the League to define what game day actions are unquestionable ejections.

Whatever the trip point is, if there even is a one for them ?    

Lets say ,  An outside of bounds, down/ and downed player is "attacked" or hit with intention to hit and or injure ? Thats easy for me and really should be for anyone. Anyone denying Gronkowski's  Decision as Brady has seemed to do should be considered for a check up. Or Family conference.

Thats the precedent. That hit should change the league. Followed by Mondays epic revenge mission, it is hard not admit the NFL/nflpa has lost control over some Teams it presides over.

Ejection for Gronk ? easy call. Yep  and 4 games. and a talk with Coach Bill.
Fix it NFL.

taunting is one thing.

This was entirely another

34 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

I have a bridge for sale................

Hey !

Coincidence? I think not !
Is it off the Coast of Florida by chance ?
Or just built over a  Swamp

in need of drainage.
PM me

Edited by 3rdand12

On 12/6/2017 at 8:19 PM, 3rdand12 said:

I feel the Refs just don't know what the precedence is. Where the line in the sand is. That's not on the Referees !  That is on the League to define what game day actions are unquestionable ejections.

Whatever the trip point is, if there even is a one for them ?  An outside of bounds, down/ and downed player is "attacked" or hit with intention to hit and or injure ? Thats easy for me and really should be for anyone. Anyone denying Gronkowski's  Decision as Brady has seemed to do should be considered for a check up. Or Family conference.

Thats the precedent. That hit should change the league. Followed by Mondays epic revenge mission, it is hard not admit the NFL/nflpa has lost control over some Teams it presides over.

Ejection for Gronk ? easy call. Yep  and 4 games. and a talk with Coach Bill.
Fix it NFL.

taunting is one thing.

This was entirely another

If I were the DA in Erie County, I would have charged Gronk with assault. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

If I was the DA in Erie County, I would have chraged Gronk with assault. 

I am of the same mind actually.
Still sick about this one.

That was not Football. That was borderline behaviour on a couple levels for me.  What the hell did the Patriots put in Hernandez's Special smoothies.

Cuz Robert was stealing them and swilling them under the table when no one was looking. :beer:
 I am having fun here, but...dude ain't right in the head