Mcd brings up Gronk at Centerfield?

KW95 - JA17

11 minutes ago, T_Thomas said:

Maybe, but that was clearly defensive pass interference.  Watch it and tell me it wasn't.  And Gronk got called for a phantom offensive pass interference on NE's first drive to start the second 1/2.

Pretty sure Gronk was pushing off on that play, and Tre had some jersey after that, probably to counter the push off. 

5 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

OK...show me an actual fist fight that accomplished anything by either of those teams other than getting personal fouls and/or player ejections.

Why does it have to be a fist fight?

Standing up for your teammates builds toughness and culture. The Pats and Seahawks have two of the strongest cultures in the NFL.

4 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Pretty sure Gronk was pushing off on that play, and Tre had some jersey after that, probably to counter the push off. 

I watched it 3 times.  No push off whatsoever on that play.  If he didn't flip out I think its a PI call against us 

5 minutes ago, T_Thomas said:

I watched it 3 times.  No push off whatsoever on that play.  If he didn't flip out I think its a PI call against us 

Hmm...I saw differently, but only watched one replay of it, a close up view that seemed to show Gronks arms shoving White sideways (but with no "success"), and then you start to see the jersey grabs by White. Maybe you're right, and it certainly could have been called Def PI.

16 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I don't care...I've watched 10 games against the Bills where he gets away with shoving defenders back 2 or 3 yards or to the ground and then turning around and being wide open for passes.  Nobody is crying about those are they?

Maybe, but it goes both ways.  He gets called for mild push offs that all receivers in the NFL typically get away with.   The phantom offensive PI against Johnson is a classic example.  Watch it.  He was held on the play at the end and he snapped.  He was wrong.  But all in all I think he had over 140 yards today so just another day at the office

47 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Like what?  Who does that?  

OK other than Mike Evans

Who does what?  Stick up for their teammates?  Many teams do. 

18 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Exactly, so I'm not sure why anyone here is upset or shocked or disappointed that no one did anything.  These guys are all pals going to work.

True.  I routinely concuss my co-workers. 

And incurring a(nother) 15 yard penalty at that point in the game?  LOL!

16 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Disagree.  Teams like the Pats and Seahawks would not abide that behavior.

4 minutes ago, T_Thomas said:

Gronk clearly pushes off.  It was more blatant than anything White did.

Just now, Doc said:

Who does what?  Stick up for their teammates?  Many teams do. 

True.  I routinely concuss my co-workers. 

And incurring a(nother) 15 yard penalty at that point in the game?  LOL!

Gronk clearly pushes off.  It was more blatant than anything White did.

Stick for them how, after a cheap shot like that?  tell us how many teams react to that.

55 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

As WGR explained it he thanked him because he felt it would have caused some unneccessary stuff...

Well, McD is nothing if not grateful.:thumbsup:

Should have thanked BB for not running up the score too........that might've really made things contentious:lol:

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

No.  I just recall seeing these exact same threads after Landry laid out Williams last year.  People seem disappointed no one "retaliated".

Well if you saw that game, or even read articles about it, you'd see a team coming to the defense of one of their players who they felt was cheap-shotted.  Hell even people not on sports teams come to the defense of their friends.

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Pretty much all of them. 

So pretty much all of the other teams have a guy retaliate with a cheap shot on the offender?  In what league?

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Well if you saw that game, or even read articles about it, you'd see a team coming to the defense of one of their players who they felt was cheap-shotted.  Hell even people not on sports teams come to the defense of their friends.

You mean like...gettin all up in the guys face and whatnot?  Oh you mean the guy who pushed him.  Well there you go, everyone does it then.

Edited by Mr. WEO

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

You mean like...gettin all up in the guys face and whatnot?

Hey, there's this thing called "Google."  Type in "NFL reliation fights" and viola!  You'll see all the stuff you've apparently missed over the decades. 

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Hey, there's this thing called "Google."  Type in "NFL reliation fights" and viola!  You'll see all the stuff you've apparently missed over the decades. 

Thanks, just did (did you really?).  Here's what comes up first:  https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2017/nov/30/nfl-fights-brawls-michael-crabtree-aqib-talib

scrolling down several links there's this:  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/853765-the-6-most-insane-on-field-fights-in-nfl-history  which has to go back a few decades to dig up 5 decent fights.

Most of the articles describe why there just aren't many retaliation brawls in the NFL (fewer than MLB!).

Thanks for the suggestion though!

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Thanks, just did (did you really?).  Here's what comes up first:  https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2017/nov/30/nfl-fights-brawls-michael-crabtree-aqib-talib

scrolling down several links there's this:  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/853765-the-6-most-insane-on-field-fights-in-nfl-history  which has to go back a few decades to dig up 5 decent fights.

Most of the articles describe why there just aren't many retaliation brawls in the NFL (fewer than MLB!).

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Oh, "decent fights."  You kill me. 

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

come on!  where are all the fights you said were in the google search?  It rarely happen.  Admit the obvious.  It just doesn't.

The first article you cited gave a half dozen examples from this year alone.  And didn't even mention the Dols-Ravens game which you obviously missed. 

But yes, they weren't "insane." 

Edited by Doc