Dynasties don't lose

oldmanfan

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

That's why they become dynasties.  The Pats are to football what the Celtics were to basketball in the 50's and 60's, the Yankees in the 40's and 50's, the Bulls with Jordan, the Canadiens with Beliveau.

Brady is the best ever.  Belichick is as well.  Bills will get better with McDermott and Beane.  No question in my mind.  But until B and B are gone we'll be spitting into the wind.  Sad to acknowledge but such is life.

So like.. are we ok when Brady is done but Bill is still the coach?

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

That's why they become dynasties.  The Pats are to football what the Celtics were to basketball in the 50's and 60's, the Yankees in the 40's and 50's, the Bulls with Jordan, the Canadiens with Beliveau.

Brady is the best ever.  Belichick is as well.  Bills will get better with McDermott and Beane.  No question in my mind.  But until B and B are gone we'll be spitting into the wind.  Sad to acknowledge but such is life.

I have been saying for a while that the Bills should lobby for a change of the playoff structure to more of a seeded conference type setup, b/c the way it works now, we are only going to make the playoffs if we are a wildcard, and that is a hard road to hoe.

Life will be different for Bills fans when Brady retires. 

Just now, sullim4 said:

I think likeability has a lot to do with it.  The Steelers in the '70s and the 49ers in the '80s were two dynasties that I have zero problem with.

The two I really don't like are the '90s Cowboys with Jerry Jones/Jimmy Johnson and '00 with Kraft/BB/Brady.  Each of those two teams gave you plenty of reason to dislike them besides their on-field success - cheating, arrogance, running up the score, etc.

Those other "dynasties" didn't last very long. While I see your point, as Patriots fan, I disagree. s expecting to win arrogance? Everyone expects them to win. Running up the score has always been in response to something. NE could have run up the score today too, but didn't. As far as cheating...1 camera...a few feet out of position...for the first half of one game...

That's the entirety of Spygate. I'm not going to debate the other nonsense here, but you can easily look up the NFL's Deflategate lies and all the other foolish lies. Looking forward to the rematch in a couple weeks!

Just now, ricko1112 said:

Those other "dynasties" didn't last very long. While I see your point, as Patriots fan, I disagree. s expecting to win arrogance? Everyone expects them to win. Running up the score has always been in response to something. NE could have run up the score today too, but didn't. As far as cheating...1 camera...a few feet out of position...for the first half of one game...

That's the entirety of Spygate. I'm not going to debate the other nonsense here, but you can easily look up the NFL's Deflategate lies and all the other foolish lies. Looking forward to the rematch in a couple weeks!

I sat through the 2007 game where the Bills were pummeled 56-10.  They certainly ran up the score in that game - going for it on fourth down on the cusp of field goal range, keeping Brady in that game through the third quarter, etc.  They do this all the time.

Arrogance?  Look at Brady's instragram feed from after the game.  That most recent picture he has up there is a textbook example of why other fans don't like the guy.

2 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

I sat through the 2007 game where the Bills were pummeled 56-10.  They certainly ran up the score in that game - going for it on fourth down on the cusp of field goal range, keeping Brady in that game through the third quarter, etc.  They do this all the time.

Arrogance?  Look at Brady's instragram feed from after the game.  That most recent picture he has up there is a textbook example of why other fans don't like the guy.

No one in NE pays any attention to Brady's instagram. We don't buy his magic pjs or his $200 cookbook. 

Why is it when other teams score a lot of points, it's the defenses job to stop them. When NE scores a lot of points, it's running up the score? After being railroaded with Spygate....

22 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

People love dynasties for the first few years. Dallas hasn't been "America's Team" for more than 30 years...   

21 minutes ago, par73 said:

I am so sick of them, I don't even have the words to describe it. Even if the Bills are decent in the future, the season basically starts 0-2 because they have to play that team twice. Remember in the 90's, people were upset that Buffalo was "ruining" the Super Bowl? That is how I feel about the Patriots in the regular season for the past decade-and-a-half.

A dynasty as a measuring stick is not necessarily a bad thing for a few years. It gives people someone to hate and strive to beat. This can get pretty old for fans of other teams like the old "break up the Yankees" chants. The winners tend to also not ingraciate themselves to the others many times. The Pats are at this stage now and it is tiring to watch for people outside New England. Right or wrong the reputation of these guys is not sterling by any means. And, the fact that they seem to be so in your face about the success they've had is a startling contrast to the dynasties of the past They seem to feel entitled to everything they want and don't fully respect how much good fortune they have had.

8 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

No one in NE pays any attention to Brady's instagram. We don't buy his magic pjs or his $200 cookbook. 

Why is it when other teams score a lot of points, it's the defenses job to stop them. When NE scores a lot of points, it's running up the score? After being railroaded with Spygate....

This is why:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200711180buf.htm

Up 35-7 in the third quarter, on fourth and goal, Patriots go for it and score a touchdown.

Up 42-10 in the third quarter, on fourth and 1 from the BUF 10, Brady throws for a first down rather than going for a field goal.

Did the Bills defense suck?  It sure did.  But you want to know why opposing fans have a high dislike of New England*.  This is why.  I could point to numerous examples in the past but this is the game I am most intimately familiar with and it just eliminated any shred of respect I had for that team.

Edited by sullim4

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

A dynasty as a measuring stick is not necessarily a bad thing for a few years. It gives people someone to hate and strive to beat. This can get pretty old for fans of other teams like the old "break up the Yankees" chants. The winners tend to also not ingraciate themselves to the others many times. The Pats are at this stage now and it is tiring to watch for people outside New England. Right or wrong the reputation of these guys is not sterling by any means. And, the fact that they seem to be so in your face about the success they've had is a startling contrast to the dynasties of the past They seem to feel entitled to everything they want and don't fully respect how much good fortune they have had.

Also, being Red Sox fans, believe me...

1 minute ago, sullim4 said:

This is why:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200711180buf.htm

Up 35-7 in the third quarter, on fourth and goal, Patriots go for it and score a touchdown.

Up 42-10 in the third quarter, on fourth and 1 from the BUF 10, Brady throws for a first down rather than going for a field goal.

Did the Bills defense suck?  It sure did.  But you want to know why opposing fans have a high dislike of New England*.  This is why.  I could point to numerous examples in the past but this is the game I am most intimately familiar with and just shut down any shred of respect I had for that team.

When a team is constantly s&%! on by others, it's a natural reaction. Today, they could have run up the score, but didn't. 10 years ago during the Spygate overreaction? Sure.

27 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

You know sucks a lot ?...Kids that were born in ..let's say 1993-1994 and on....once they were old enough to watch football, they've never seen NE being a bad team...a whole generation has gone by with them being on top of the world...that pisses me off.....

Ah... but take solace in the fact that it will NEVER be better for Pats fans than it is these days.  There is NOWHERE to go but downhill from here.  They will always look back to now as the best of times.  They can have good teams again... but what they're getting right now is once in a lifetime coaching and QB play.

This from a fanbase that talked about curses for the longest time.

5 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Again !@#$ you and your supposed suffering you insufferable pile of weasel guano patriot fan.

Go back to playing with your marital aid. At least that's something you understand, unlike sports.

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Marital aid? Oh you mean my gronkowski. I gotcha. 

Why are you here again?

What a great profile picture! You already are playing with it!

Hey, I'll let you in on a little secret that you might not know about... The Bills and Pats played today...

5 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Marital aid? Oh you mean my gronkowski. I gotcha. 

Why are you here again?

Prolly because he's hated on all Pats boards too. If the Pats lost, he never woulda shown up. Typical arrogant Pat's prick fan

Edited by Bubba Gump

Just now, ricko1112 said:

What a great profile picture! You already are playing with it!

Hey, I'll let you in on a little secret that you might not know about... The Bills and Pats played today...

So? Do you frequently enter the homes of people that don’t want you there?