Two First Rd Picks

NewEraBills

10 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

I wouldn't trade the house for a QB, he will likely fail because of his supporting cast. If one falls to us in the 1st, absolutely go for it. Not to state the obvious at this point but I think we should move on from Taylor and add a veteran QB as a bridge to the rookie QB. I'd keep my eye on Minnesota, Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Bradford would be an excellent option for the short term.

I'd also take a look at McCown if the Jets decided to go only with a rookie QB next year.

On 12/3/2017 at 9:14 PM, ScottLaw said:

Cleveland- Yes. (They are way ahead of us in ineptitude which is REALLY saying something, but I'd be shocked if they passed on QB this year)

Giants- Yes

Arizona- Yes

Cincy- up in the air. Wouldn't shock me if they did.

NYJ- Yes. How can you say maybe? They will absolutely take a QB. Petty isn't in their plans and I don't think Hackenberg is either. If one is there they ain't passing it up. 

Bottom line. The Bills have to make a trade partner with SF, Chicago, Indy, or Tampa... assuming the standings stay somewhat close to this. 

I think there will be 5 - 6 very good QBs in this draft especially if Darnold comes out. Potentially 2-3 franchise qbs. I pretty much agree with your analysis of who will draft a QB. I think our best chance to trade up is with Indy or Tampa. SF and Chicago will want too much to move up. We still need to keep some higher picks to address other holes.

Edited by danc
Spelling

On December 3, 2017 at 12:59 PM, Rad Likes The Bills said:

Mayfield knows he is the best player on the field. Give me that guy at quarterback any day of the week. Rhythm thrower? Check. Accurate passer? Check. Arm strength? Plenty. He would be a god send to our team. He is a more polished Mahomes imo. 

You can find a dead rat in an alley that's more polished than Mahomes.

i guarantee his footwork is better too.

Mayfield has had some off field drinking issues.  Any team interested in drafting him is going to have to do their due diligence, and they still could be taking a risk.  I think he's better on the field than Johnny Manziel was and I think his ability translates better to the NFL.  I don't think Darnold is quite as instinctive.  I still expect him to do well in the NFL.

Break the bank for Cousins.  Draft a top WR, and a O line man round 1 to entice him to come.  Use remaining basket of picks to augment team in areas such as LB, or DT, hope for later round quality at RB.  Savings from rookie contracts fund Cousins pick up.

18 minutes ago, Hawaii50 said:

Break the bank for Cousins.  Draft a top WR, and a O line man round 1 to entice him to come.  Use remaining basket of picks to augment team in areas such as LB, or DT, hope for later round quality at RB.  Savings from rookie contracts fund Cousins pick up.

Nice idea but I think free agency happens before the draft.  Maybe if Bills "promise" they will draft a WR and an O lineman they could entice him to come to Buffalo.

31 minutes ago, Hawaii50 said:

Cousins is going to be 30 at the start of next season though. Because he isn't an elite talent and not all that big for a QB he could be finished at say 35. Do we really want to invest so much into a QB that might only have 5 good years left in him? We draft the right rookie, and at 22 years old he could be with us for 15 years.

We likely need to get into the 2nd spot. Everyone can talk about how deep the draft is, but last time we took the 4th best QB in the draft, it did not go very well (JP Losman). You need to get near the top. Unfortunately, that could cost a lot - not sure how much but presumably all of our premium picks (1st-3rd) will be on the table.