San Francisco is terrible

52 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

There's no reason to be against any form of immigration unless u r racist...

The above post does nothing other than demonstrate an inability to reason; and displays an immediate report to your own conformation biases, rather than a desire to be introspective an actually understand other people's arguments.  It's a microcosm of the tragedy of the echo chambers created social media, and the rush to Alinsky-ize, by personalizing and then demonizing, political positions via ugly fiat declarations as a substitute for debating on merits.

There are plenty of good reasons to restrict immigration; beginning with the entire purpose of the nation state, which is designed to protect the culture, property, and laws of people.  With that in mind, if you can't honestly sit down and try to reason out why someone might oppose unfettered immigration, you aren't worth discussing anything with.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

16 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So, is your screenname aspirational or ironic?

Now that we've established he is Canadian, are you really expecting an answer to that?

Try it this way:

Remind him that "screen name" means what he calls himself when he logs in".

Define aspirational for him.

Define ironic for him.

Re-ask the question.

Additinal tip: Do not attempt to do all four of these thing in one post.  Take them one at a time.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Now that we've established he is Canadian, are you really expecting an answer to that?

Try it this way:

Remind him that "screen name" means what he calls himself when he logs in".

Define "aspirational" for him.

Define "ironic for him".

Re-ask the question.

Additinal tip: Do not attempt to do all four of these thing in one post.  Take them one at a time.

:lol::beer: Good advice. 

35 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

I'm against murderer immigration to the US.

If the person was made legal, and everything else stayed the same, what does immigration have to do with it?

24 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The above post does nothing other than demonstrate an inability to reason; and displays an immediate report to your own conformation biases, rather than a desire to be introspective an actually understand other people's arguments.  It's a microcosm of the tragedy of the echo chambers created social media, and the rush to Alinsky-ize, by personalizing and then demonizing, political positions via ugly fiat declarations as a substitute for debating on merits.

There are plenty of good reasons to restrict immigration; beginning with the entire purpose of the nation state, which is designed to protect the culture, property, and laws of people.  With that in mind, if you can't honestly sit down and try to reason out why someone might oppose unfettered immigration, you aren't worth discussing anything with.

If someone moves from Colorado to Louisiana, how does that hurt property culture and laws?

I'm asking very simple questions here

2 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

If the person was made legal, and everything else stayed the same, what does immigration have to do with it?

If someone moves from Colorado to Louisiana, how does that hurt property culture and laws?

You're asking abysmally stupid questions here.  Who the !@#$ is talking about interstate travel?

3 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

Because he might wear a cowboy hat

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, westerndecline said:

There are massive impacts over time of cultural shifts even within the United States due to mass migration.  Some of this is best evidenced by retirees from liberal strongholds in the North East moving to Southern states to take advantage of their tax advantages and lower property valuations, and then casting their ballots to implement the tax structures they fled in their native states in their new homes. 

Do you think mass migration from Texas to California, or vice-versa, would have any major cultural implications?  If not, do you think there are any significant differences in culture between Texas and California?

And that is only within the domestic United States.  Other countries have vastly different cultures and value systems.

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

You're asking abysmally stupid questions here.  Who the !@#$ is talking about interstate travel?

Even at the interstate level he's barking up the wrong tree.  There are major cultural differences within the United States.

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

There are massive impacts over time of cultural shifts even within the United States due to mass migration.  Some of this is best evidenced by retirees from liberal strongholds in the North East moving to Southern states to take advantage of their tax advantages and lower property valuations, and then casting their ballots to implement the tax structures they fled in their native states in their new homes. 

Do you think mass migration from Texas to California, or vice-versa, would have any major cultural implications?  If not, do you think there are any significant differences in culture between Texas and California?

And that is only within the domestic United States.  Other countries have vastly different cultures and value systems.

Would this be reason to stop people moving from Texas to California?

Is being hypocritical on taxes warrant the idea that state travel should be illegal?

Edited by westerndecline

5 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

Would this be reason to stop people moving from Texas to California?

Is being hypocritical on taxes warrant the idea that state travel should be illegal?

Stop moving the goalposts, shitposter extraordinaire. 

Just now, LeviF91 said:

Stop moving the goalposts, shitposter extraordinaire. 

X poster said being hypocritical on taxes and cultural differences between Texas and California are reasons to be concerned about immigration

I asked if those differences would be reason enough to prohibit travel between Texas and California

Which goes back to the same question

Why would you prohibit travel between Colorado and Louisiana or any state?

We can apply this to cities too

If I want to move to a black community or predominantly Hispanic community or Italian Catholic community

Why shouldn't I?

15 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

Would this be reason to stop people from moving from Texas to California?

It would certainly be a justification, were there to occur some impetus that began to drive hordes of Texans into California, absolutely.

And again, this is an example within the domestic United States, where cultural differences and relative prosperity, are far less disparate.  When we start talking about individuals from other national origins those disparities grow much larger. 

The argument you seem to be making is against the concept of the nation state.  If you'd like to make that case, please do; but understand you'll have a lot of work to do.

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It would certainly be a justification, were there to occur some impetus that began to drive hordes of Texans into California, absolutely.

And again, this is an example within the domestic United States, where cultural differences and relative prosperity, are far less disparate.  When we start talking about individuals from other national origins those disparities grow much larger. 

So let's be specific

Say over the next five years thousands maybe even millions of ppl move from California to Texas

For many different reasons

Would you make that illegal?

And what would be the criteria?

Also assuming there was just normal interstate travel levels

Again why would you prohibit that?

I'm for national states ,although I believe in the future all countries will be like states, and eventually a European union, asian union, African union, with some type of United nations universal human rights . 

A global civilization is the goal I'd imagine.

But again, regardless of this point, I still haven't seen a reason why a person wouldn't take an hour test , background check and then in a couple days u give whoever citizenship.

I honestly don't even think that should be required. Maybe just a quick register with the state

1 hour ago, westerndecline said:

So let's be specific

Say over the next five years thousands maybe even millions of ppl move from California to Texas

For many different reasons

Would you make that illegal?

And what would be the criteria?

No, let's not be specific.  You haven't earned that.

You led with unfounded accusations of racism in the vein of Saul Alinski, and thus far have been unrepentant.

At best, we're having an conceptual conversation about the purpose of a the nation state, and the right of a people to exist and preserve their national identity as enshrined by the establishment of their countries; but I'm not interested in having that conversation with you at this point because thus far you've done nothing more than be an ignorant, race baiting piece of ****.

Everything I've posted in response to you so far has been for the sole purpose of exposing your bull ****.

Want more?  Offer more.

2 hours ago, westerndecline said:

An American in a professional career can freely move to another job in 60 or so cities without much of a cultural impact.  In Canada the maximum number of cities you could do it for is 3, if that...

52 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

You led with unfounded accusations of racism in the vein of Saul Alinski, and thus far have been unrepentant.

At best, we're having an conceptual conversation about the purpose of a the nation state, and the right of a people to exist and preserve their national identity as enshrined by the establishment of their countries; but I'm not interested in having that conversation with you at this point because thus far you've done nothing more than be an ignorant, race baiting piece of ****.

Everything I've posted in response to you so far has been for the sole purpose of exposing your bull ****.

Want more?  Offer more.

Thank u for showing your true colors once u got pinned into a corner

We can obviously all see the truth here. 

Lol " earned" 

Deflection much?

The truth has different ways of coming out

56 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Want more?  Offer more.

I'm going to try it again,

It's very simple

Assuming no war or huge natural disaster

Why can't person x or group x go from Colorado to Louisiana?

13 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

Thank u for showing your true colors once u got pinned into a corner

We can obviously all see the truth here. 

Lol " earned" 

Deflection much?

The truth has different ways of coming out

I'm going to try it again,

It's very simple

Assuming no war or huge natural disaster

Why can't person x or group x go from Colorado to Louisiana?

You think you've pinned anyone into a corner?  You lack the skill for that.

No, you haven't earned the privilege of having this conversation.  People who lead with unfounded charges of racism don't get a seat at the table where ideas are discussed.  They are race baiting shitheels, and they are not welcome.

I haven't decided if you're intellectually dishonest, or if you've simply ghettoized your mind through a combination of self-aggrandizement and a lack reasoning skills; but either way I don't reason with unreasonable people, and individuals who lead as you have aren't reasonable, and their ideas won't be given merit through their debate.

You will either ask mea culpa for your prior bull ****, and meter your tone, or you will not sit at the adult table.

Once you've done that, I'm more than happy to tear your argument to shreds.