In Atlanta For The Patriots* Game

Whitehall Tavern on Peachtree near Peachtree Battle. That’s the biggest one, but also Medlock Tavern (I’ve never done that one personally). If you want something closer (to most parts of Marietta), Padriacs near the Vinings is Buffalo folks. They have beef on weck on the menu, and the Bills on the main screen with (iffy) sound, but it’s nothing like the others. 

Edit: If you’re arriving about noon, you could go straight to Whitehall and it’s generally on your way to Marietta. Will you be renting a car? 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

I will be renting a car and staying at the Westin perimeter north in Atlanta. So I actually won’t be staying right in Marietta.  My flight gets in at 11:50 so I won’t have a lot of time to travel to a bar. Thank you for the info! I really appreciate it. I normally watch the games with the North Jersey Bills Backers and would really like to find a bar with other Bills fans. 

Padriacs in Vinings, White Hall Tavern in Buckhead and Tavern at Medlock in Norcross are the Bills bars.

There is a Mazzys in Marietta that shows all the games.  That’s off of Roswell Road...it is a Jets chapter.  There’s also Tin Lizzie’s that has the Sunday Ticket too....it’s a Steelers chapter I think. 

I live in Marietta so let me know if you need more help.

36 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

Thanks for all the advice!  It looks like Whitehall Tavern is the best option based on my hotel location.  Hopefully my flight is not delayed and I can get there in time for kickoff!

That Westin is SUPER nice...just had lunch there on Wednesday.

P.S. Don't know how long you are there, budget, etc. - but if someone asks to take you to dinner - go to Hal's.  Top 3 steak I have ever had.

Edited by Richmond_Bills

I'm actually headed to Atlanta this weekend also but for the Atlanta game.  My son met Arthur Blank at his work place and they got along so Mr. Blank has given us passes into his suite this weekend with sideline passes.  So I will be missing the Bills game this weekend, though Mr. Blanks suite may have TV's showing the other games.  We will wait and see.

7 minutes ago, SinatraSinger said:

I'm actually headed to Atlanta this weekend also but for the Atlanta game.  My son met Arthur Blank at his work place and they got along so Mr. Blank has given us passes into his suite this weekend with sideline passes.  So I will be missing the Bills game this weekend, though Mr. Blanks suite may have TV's showing the other games.  We will wait and see.

That sounds awesome, but why do we call rich guys Mr.so and so, and normal guys we call by their first name? 

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

That sounds awesome, but why do we call rich guys Mr.so and so, and normal guys we call by their first name? 

I'm actually calling him Mr because he is older than I am and I was always taught to address my elders as Mr or Mrs.    I have not met him as of yet but when introduced on Sunday we will see what he wants me to call him.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Padriacs in Vinings, White Hall Tavern in Buckhead and Tavern at Medlock in Norcross are the Bills bars.

There is a Mazzys in Marietta that shows all the games.  That’s off of Roswell Road...it is a Jets chapter.  There’s also Tin Lizzie’s that has the Sunday Ticket too....it’s a Steelers chapter I think. 

I live in Marietta so let me know if you need more help.

Well if you live there, then have him over to your house!

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I usually watch the games at my parents house because I don't have cable.

Should I ask my parents if he can come over?

Isn't that what all responsible kids do?

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

That's what I'm teaching my son right now.

Chapter 2, page 7, third paragraph of "Parenting AP Style 101," states .... "if that little mutha !@#$er don't listen, get the damn switch."

2 hours ago, SinatraSinger said:

I'm actually calling him Mr because he is older than I am and I was always taught to address my elders as Mr or Mrs.    I have not met him as of yet but when introduced on Sunday we will see what he wants me to call him.  

Nahh, i think all rich guys get called Mr. for some reason. Cant remember the last time I called someone Mr. after being introduced to them.

4 hours ago, chknwing334 said:

Thanks for all the advice!  It looks like Whitehall Tavern is the best option based on my hotel location.  Hopefully my flight is not delayed and I can get there in time for kickoff!

Whitehall is actually closest to the airport physically, and on a Sunday the traffic shouldn’t be too bad. (Famous last words in Atlanta...) Good choice.  I’ll actually be at Whitehall tomorrow with a group watching the Xavier/UC hoops game. 

2 hours ago, SinatraSinger said:

Before we moved to Atlanta my son shadowed at a high school he might have attended had we moved prior to his senior year. He shadowed with Rich McKay’s (Pres of Falcons) son. Somehow my wife got talking to his wife and we got invited to a game in the box. This was at the Georgia Dome, but it was still very cool to watch the game from the Presidents box. Rich watched the game from the owners box but came by to say hello. Very down to earth and likeable guy. 

Enjoy! 

Edited by Augie

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Whitehall is actually closest to the airport physically, and on a Sunday the traffic shouldn’t be too bad. (Famous last words in Atlanta...) Good choice.  I’ll actually be at Whitehall tomorrow with a group watching the Xavier/UC hoops game. 

I’m actually looking forward to the Atlanta traffic! I’m coming from north jersey/ nyc area and I can’t imagine traffic being any worse!  Thanks for the help and if you see a bald guy with a beard at the bar looking like a tourist, it might be me.