[closed]QB Baker Mayfield is our man!!

ChanOverChin

I love Mayfield's talent.  I love his toughness.  It is his competitiveness that has made him an elite D1 college football player and it is is competitiveness that will make him an elite NFL QB.

ESPN's Chris Carter has said that Mayfield WILL win the Heisman this year.

Bills fan should be glad that he doesn't have prototypical height.  He's listed at 6'-1", 220 lbs.  That's because if he were 6'-4", 230 lbs he would likely be a top 3 pick overall.  Instead, he'll likely fall out of the top 10 and maybe even as far as top 15-20, which is well within the range of where the Bills will be selecting in the 2018 Draft.

Make no mistake about it.  The reason Beane was willing trade guys like Watkins, Darby, et al is because his plan is to select a potential franchise QB in 2018.  Tyrod Taylor is a good player, but the Bills are not going to keep him and pay him $16M next year.  Instead, he will likely be traded for what they can get for him.

I think Mayfield has what it takes to turn the Bills' fortunes around.  He reminds my of Jim Kelly and Doug Flutie rolled into one.  Like Kelly, he's a gunslinger and extremely tough and competitive.  Like Flutie, he has less than prototypical size, but is very creative, savvy, and elusive.  He's a two-time walk-on who is now being projected as the 2017 Heisman Trophy winner.

Mayfield is the guy that I think the Bills will target in 2018 if he lasts past the top 10.

6 minutes ago, ChanOverChin said:

I love Mayfield's talent.  I love his toughness.  It is his competitiveness that has made him an elite D1 college football player and it is is competitiveness that will make him an elite NFL QB.

ESPN's Chris Carter has said that Mayfield WILL win the Heisman this year.

Bills fan should be glad that he doesn't have prototypical height.  He's listed at 6'-1", 220 lbs.  That's because if he were 6'-4", 230 lbs he would likely be a top 3 pick overall.  Instead, he'll likely fall out of the top 10 and maybe even as far as top 15-20, which is well within the range of where the Bills will be selecting in the 2018 Draft.

Make no mistake about it.  The reason Beane was willing trade guys like Watkins, Darby, et al is because his plan is to select a potential franchise QB in 2018.  Tyrod Taylor is a good player, but the Bills are not going to keep him and pay him $16M next year.  Instead, he will likely be traded for what they can get for him.

I think Mayfield has what it takes to turn the Bills' fortunes around.  He reminds my of Jim Kelly and Doug Flutie rolled into one.  Like Kelly, he's a gunslinger and extremely tough and competitive.  Like Flutie, he has less than prototypical size, but is very creative, savvy, and elusive.  He's a two-time walk-on who is now being projected as the 2017 Heisman Trophy winner.

Mayfield is the guy that I think the Bills will target in 2018 if he lasts past the top 10.

There is already a thread on Mayfield