almost 21 trillion in debt, an aging society....

15 hours ago, westerndecline said:

Any real solutions or is it past the tipping point

Is it possible to out grow it or raise taxes

Raise the age to where you can start collection social security.  Increase the social security tax.  Those won't be popular decisions, but we have to do something as there's more money going out than coming in because of the baby boomers retiring and advances in medical care lead to people growing older.  I read somewhere that it won't run dry at the current rate until 2035 (the lunatic in the video in a similar thread you started oversold the problem), but Congress has to eventually address this problem.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Raise the age to where you can start collection social security.  Increase the social security tax.  Those won't be popular decisions, but we have to do something as there's more money going out than coming in because of the baby boomers retiring and advances in medical care lead to people growing older.  I read somewhere that it won't run dry at the current rate until 2035 (the lunatic in the video in a similar thread you started oversold the problem), but Congress has to eventually address this problem.

Or, we can have an honest conversation about corruption and graft inside DC and its various agencies, departments, and contractors.

$21t  of missing/stolen money in JUST HUD/DOD alone... That isn't accounting errors, it's actual missing money. 

That's $1t MORE than we owe right now... yet they've convinced us the only way to get that money back is to cut programs designed to help the people who's money they stole in the first place. 

5,000+ top secret patents (Invention Secrecy Act) exist today that are denied to the public. Technologies and products developed with our money is off limits to the people. Wonder what kind of world we'd have today if that stolen money and secret technology were given back to the people and our infrastructure. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

You have to keep the promises made to prior generations, but Social Security needs to be put to an end. 

It's immoral as it does tremendous systemic harm to the working and middle classes, destroying their ability to create wealth and then pass that wealth along to their children.  Unlike dollars held in private investment, Social Security is not a property owned by the investor, and regardless of how much they have "saved" or contributed, with their passing there is no wealth to leave to their children.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Or, we can have an honest conversation about corruption and graft inside DC and its various agencies, departments, and contractors.

$21t  of missing/stolen money in JUST HUD/DOD alone... That isn't accounting errors, it's actual missing money. 

That's $1t MORE than we owe right now... yet they've convinced us the only way to get that money back is to cut programs designed to help the people who's money they stole in the first place. 

5,000+ top secret patents (Invention Secrecy Act) exist today that are denied to the public. Technologies and products developed with our money is off limits to the people. Wonder what kind of world we'd have today if that stolen money and secret technology were given back to the people and our infrastructure. 

have you been screaming about oligarchy in the GOP tax cut thread? You were at the forefront of that issue in other threads, yet have not seen you addressing that issue there. If I missed it, I apologize 

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's $21T of accounting adjustments.  Not all accounting adjustments represent a net loss on the ledger.

Since 1913 the dollar has been devalued over 93%. 

What else happened in that same year?

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

That's $21T of accounting adjustments.  Not all accounting adjustments represent a net loss on the ledger.

I suggest you read and listen to the linked Solari report on page one. The authors of the new audit make a strong case this is NOT just a matter of adjustments.

https://solari.com/blog/dod-and-hud-missing-money-supporting-documentation/ 

Edited by Deranged Rhino

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Since 1913 the dollar has been devalued over 93%. 

What else happened in that same year?

I suggest you read and listen to the linked Solari report on page one. The authors of the new audit make a strong case this is NOT just a matter of adjustments.

https://solari.com/blog/dod-and-hud-missing-money-supporting-documentation/ 

I read the Solari report.  It's garbage.  They did not make that case.

It's not an issue that's possible to put off. If u wait until 2035, it will already be mad max by then....

Once the markets know that the ss cannot be paid, I'm guessing a few more years, ( possible 25-30 TRILLION in debt ), because of the massive health care costs, there will be a metaphorical margin call.....

Investors, businesses, institutional confidence will flee overnight.

I'm worried it's at that point now.

And I do not believe the unemployment numbers at all....

We are honestly probably at 25% unemployment

You cannot have ppl taking out loans until 30, and an aging society living free from 62-90

The math doesn't add up

The national debt per actual tax payers is 170,000$$$

Per citizen it's 65000, but half the population isn't paying taxes

I’ve heard the same gibberish for over 40 years and nothing remotely close has come to pass.

Neither political party has done a thing to make it better, so it must be all a big pile of gibberish that people tell themselves to worry about.

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

I’ve heard the same gibberish for over 40 years and nothing remotely close has come to pass.

Neither political party has done a thing to make it better, so it must be all a big pile of gibberish that people tell themselves to worry about.

That's some of the most fallacious reasoning I've ever seen.

The reason politicians haven't undone or reformed Social Security is because doing so is the most obvious sort of political suicide.  

Social Security was a Trojan Horse by design, and can't be undone because those whom have been forced to pay into it are, with sound reason, reluctant to forfeit the one minor benefit of having their savings pilfered by a strongman their entire lives; and they also happen to be the folks who vote.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

all the 1,000 word screeds on here won’t make even a billionth of a pubic hair of a diff to what is going on with the economy.

keep screaming and one-upping everyone....

Edited by row_33
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

Don't forget the TRILLION dollar college loan bubble

Bunch of money spent on Chomsky literature and Starbucks.... Literally

Has anyone with a college degree ever read Noam Chomsky for a class? Seriously, I hear bs like this all the time and I'm convinced it only comes from people who never went to college. 

I've got a political science degree and if I ever read any Noam Chomsky it was maybe an excerpt or a small essay. I know my buddies with real degrees in engineering and hard sciences have no clue who the guy is.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, westerndecline said:

Don't forget the TRILLION dollar college loan bubble

Bunch of money spent on Chomsky literature and Starbucks.... Literally

1 hour ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Has anyone with a college degree ever read Noam Chomsky for a class? Seriously, I hear bs like this all the time and I'm convinced it only comes from people who never went to college. 

I've got a political science degree and if I ever read any Noam Chomsky it was maybe an excerpt or a small essay. I know my buddies with real degrees in engineering and hard sciences have no clue who the guy is.

There's an impressive amount of calculated stupidity between these two posts. By all means, keep the back & forth going.

1 hour ago, Azalin said:

There's an impressive amount of calculated stupidity between these two posts. By all means, keep the back & forth going.

I've never seen you do anything other than accuse others of being stupid. Do you ever say anything of value? 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1