Belichick doesn't allow team celebrations

T-Bomb

10 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

Is he the only coach who is "allowed" to do this without losing his players or creating shouts of racism from twitter?

What would happen if McDermott didn't allow team celebrations?  Would he be considered a racist coach?

Please enlighten the board as to how not allowing team celebrations could be considered racist. I'd love to hear that one. 

3 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

How many NFL players thought Tyrod being benched was due to race?  You think it was zero?

Zero, obviously not especially after ESPN  trumpeted the idea mixing Tyrod's comment from weeks prior that black QBs are held in different regard and then twisted into Tyrod's benching as racism.

"Journalism" at is modern day "finest", what a farce.

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Not racist lol. But still, yet another reason to hate Bill B.. no celebrations is so tacky. "Do your job" lol. ole lunchpail Bill.

The players buy in and it works. I hate Belichick but I also respect the control and discipline he has over his team

Just now, teef said:

i honestly never thought about it until you brought it up.  so what if mcd said no celebrations, and people called it racist?  they'd be just as dumb as the people who claimed tyrod is benched due to his race.  they...are...dumb.

What I'm getting at is, does Belichick "get away with it" due to all the winning?  None of his players are going to insinuate anything racial because they have the best chance to get a SB ring being on that team.  I'm just pondering what would happen if McDermott did the same thing, I'm betting he'd face some tweets from Richard Sherman insinuating he's a racist white coach, and I'm betting that would lead to some media pundits weighing in.

Just a thought experiment.

15 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

Is he the only coach who is "allowed" to do this without losing his players or creating shouts of racism from twitter?

What would happen if McDermott didn't allow team celebrations?  Would he be considered a racist coach?

Why would you go all racist right out of the gate with this thread.

You are the kind of poster who is ruining this place.

Take your race **** somewhere else, you !@#$ing troll.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Why would you go all racist right out of the gate with this thread.

You are the kind of poster who is ruining this place.

Take your race **** somewhere else, you !@#$ing troll.

Like I said, it's a thought experiment.  In today's climate, I bet a coach like McDermott would have to think of this before he enacted some type of ban on team celebrations.

2 minutes ago, Jerry Christ said:

Gronk did a TD celebration yesterday so I don't know where you get your information. Gronk BOMB

Team/group celebrations, not individuals.

Edited by T-Bomb

Just now, T-Bomb said:

Like I said, it's a thought experiment.  In today's climate, I bet a coach like McDermott would have to think of this before he enacted some type of ban on team celebrations.

Team celebrations, not individuals.

It's not a thought experiment.  It's trolling and it's ruining this forum.  You're completely full of **** with your motive and you're as transparent as cellophane.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

It's not a thought experiment.  It's trolling and it's ruining this forum.  You're completely full of **** with your motive and you're as transparent as cellophane.

Well you are simply wrong...  I feel it is a legitimate question.

I'm not race baiting one bit, what I am doing is questioning the climate in the NFL these days, and what double standards exist.

Edited by T-Bomb

Just now, T-Bomb said:

Well you are simply wrong...  I feel it is a legitimate question.

I'm not race baiting one bit, what I am doing is questioning the climate in the NFL these days, and what double standards exist.

bull ****.

What I can't figure out is what's really bothering you. The agenda behind the post. I'm split between two things. You are riled up about the current climate with race relations or if your just mad because we have team celebrations when the big boy of the NFL doesn't allow it and you wish coach would tighten up.

Edited by Lfod

Just now, Lfod said:

What I can't figure out is what's really bothering you. The agenda behind the post. I'm split between two things. You are riled up about the current climate with race relations or if your just mad because we have team celebrations when the big boy of the NFL doesn't allow it and you wish coach would tighten up.

I'm not "riled up" at all. 

Just wondering if others think Belichick is getting away with something here that most, if not all other coaches could not get away with due to player and NFL national media scrutiny.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

bull ****.

Welp, you seem to be more "riled up" that I am...

Well sure Belichick has much more of a foundation and track record to stand on. He can make bad moves without being questioned. I don't think he can do any blatant racist thing and not have consequences at this moment in time.

I think when you win you have more power. Each ring he owns gives him more power and respect and he always wants more. A true lord of the rings. 

I do think making it a racial issue was in poor taste because it would take a lot of stretching to come to a conclusion that it was based on race at all.

Edited by Lfod

3 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

I'm not "riled up" at all. 

Just wondering if others think Belichick is getting away with something here that most, if not all other coaches could not get away with due to player and NFL national media scrutiny.

Welp, you seem to be more "riled up" that I am...

You'll be gone soon enough.  I'm done.