Turning our KC Pick into a top 5 pick?

simpleman

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 11:07 AM, Thurmanator 12074 said:

What denver pick ?

jesus guys the OP clearly suggested about trading for the Denver pick.

13 hours ago, simpleman said:

The  internet is in the public now. You still should not say something you would not say at a family dinner with your parents, at church, on the job. If you think it gives you a pass because you are anonymous, then you are a coward and a fraud. People who hide behind their anonymity show they are not "a man". Being a man means standing up and accepting  the consequences of their actions. Not acting like they are little children,  hiding protected behind their parents legs while hurling insults.    I don't know your age, but that kind of attitude is a sure sign of immaturity. Until the last 5 or so years you became a man when you became socially mature and learned how to properly treat others in socially accepted ways in public and private.  Even our current coach preaches "character", so being on a sports BBS does not give you a pass. That brutish, anti-social attitude and social ineptitude would have banished you to the underbelly of society not that long ago. Of course America's  mores and social standards have plummeted to the pits in the past decade. Lucky for you.

harsh dude. But yeah the OP idea was actually really clear 

On 11/27/2017 at 12:04 PM, simpleman said:

Check out the playoff standings. We should all be rooting against Denver. Denver could be headed for a top 5 pick in the 2018 draft. Bundling a 2nd round with our KC 1st and TT and trading with Denver might get us a decent QB prospect, maybe not first tier, but the cream of the 2nd tier.

What we really need is for KC to lose the rest of their games.

On 11/27/2017 at 12:07 PM, the skycap said:

The Bills need to do what it takes to get Lamar Jackson if he declares!!!

No project QBs, thanks.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

On 11/27/2017 at 12:32 PM, simpleman said:

And maybe certain arrogant posters on here should just say you worded it wrong  instead of being insulting. How about spending some time learning to be decent human beings instead of spending so much time being arrogant and insulting. Yes, I messed up the title and did not explain the process thoroughly enough. There is no need to be arrogant and insulting to posters. Thank you Kirby for deciphering my thoughts perfectly from my too hasty  a written post.

I am with you on that point.

21 hours ago, the skycap said:

All of them are projects!! Watson/Wentz were considered "projects"

Wentz?? Please he was the most pro ready QB to come out in awhile. He played in pro offense, made audibles and make progressions, plus he had the size and arm. He was someone I really wanted but we weren't under the process then.

And Wentz was a "project" he made a lot of rookie errors in year but has made significant strides in year 2 and is rightly in the MVP race.  Watson is a "project" to the extent that Houston had to tailor its playbook to develop a hybrid scheme that he could develop in while they continue to refine some elements of his game.  Jared Goff was a "project" and was a first overall pick... again big jump years 1 to 2.  

Andrew Luck might be the only QB to come out in a decade who I'd have said "can play in the NFL and be who he is capable of being day 1".  The key is identifying who is a short term "project" and who actually needs a lot more time and work invested in that.  Watson, Wentz, Goff were in the first bucket for me... short term projects guys you could win relatively early with.  Jackson I fear is in the bucket I had Pat Mahomes in "needs proper work investing before I think you can put him out there and expect success."

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And Wentz was a "project" he made a lot of rookie errors in year but has made significant strides in year 2 and is rightly in the MVP race.  Watson is a "project" to the extent that Houston had to tailor its playbook to develop a hybrid scheme that he could develop in while they continue to refine some elements of his game.  Jared Goff was a "project" and was a first overall pick... again big jump years 1 to 2.  

Andrew Luck might be the only QB to come out in a decade who I'd have said "can play in the NFL and be who he is capable of being day 1".  The key is identifying who is a short term "project" and who actually needs a lot more time and work invested in that.  Watson, Wentz, Goff were in the first bucket for me... short term projects guys you could win relatively early with.  Jackson I fear is in the bucket I had Pat Mahomes in "needs proper work investing before I think you can put him out there and expect success."

I agree with all this.  Unfortunately, I doubt that the Bills under the current regime are capable of developing any QB except possibly another Andrew Luck type because  Dennison  seems uninterested/incapable in adapting his system to maximize his QB's strengths and minimize his weaknesses.  Certainly Peterman's performance in SD ought to raise red flags about Dennison and his offensive coaches since Peterman was asked to execute a game plan that was totally inappropriate for a late round rookie QB making his first  NFL start, especially when playing behind a sub-par OL with easily the worst WR corps in the NFL.