Was this a meaningful late season win?

T-Bomb

12 minutes ago, nucci said:

A win that puts the Bills in wild card spot....so I would say yes....unless many here don't want to make the playoffs again

I am pretty sure some of these fans are mentally ill.  they actually don't care about the playoffs.  yup.  mentally ill. 

4 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I am pretty sure some of these fans are mentally ill.  they actually don't care about the playoffs.  yup.  mentally ill. 

It's all about draft picks.....right?

59 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

does this win mean anything?   sure,  for the few who believe in the playoffs!!!!

for those who see the ultimate goal of winning a Super Bowl,  nope,  just another draft position lost.

the percentages are against the Bills right now for making the playoffs.

The Bills hold the last wild card spot right now, correct?

1 minute ago, nucci said:

It's all about draft picks.....right?

when its the best daft for QBs in a decade,  yes,  its about draft picks.

its about how much ammo you have to move up the draft, and finally find a passing QB.

a QB who plays the position like its meant to be played

a QB who gives the team the best chance to win a title.........not merely make the wildcard, then get destroyed because,  well,  youre offense is one dimensional.

Meaningful yes. Every game is meaningful. Late season? I don't consider this game to be a "Late Season" game. I don't think of the season as being late until there's 4 games or less left to play. Start of Season Games 1-4 Mid Season Games 5-12 Late season Games 13-16. Just my opinion of course.

2 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

So are you saying Tyrod wins the game at the Chargers?  Really?

I think not.

Did I really say  that?    or did you simply read into it what you wanted?   I think the latter.

The debacle last week was on everyone.  Starting with Terrible Tyrod is not performing to a top level and getting benched.  Getting beat s one thing. getting b slapped by the Chargers was a whole other story. 

The Bills just defeated a team in a faster spiral that our own.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

2 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

So are you saying Tyrod wins the game at the Chargers?  Really?

I think not.

I think so. Those 5 picks really altered things. If we won vs la and we lost to the chiefs with the rookie starting youd be saying the same thing. "Are you saying Tyrod wins the chiefs game?"

He aint the best but drop the agenda. Tt and Shady vs the worst running defense in the league? We coulda hit them with so many run/qb option/ pass plays theyre heads wudve spun off.

1 minute ago, Starr Almighty said:

I'm starting to think that the Bills need the Chargers to overtake KC for the division to give the Bills the best chance. Also that would make KCs #1 pick a higher pick which also is favorable for Buffalo.

Word. Im there 2.

34 minutes ago, nucci said:

A win that puts the Bills in wild card spot....so I would say yes....unless many here don't want to make the playoffs again

Seems like it with all the tankers

After those turds the Bills dropped in the previous 3 games, I'd say it was very meaningful to beat KC on the road.  Yes it was very ugly and a difficult game to watch, but they sucked it up, didn't make many mistakes and pulled out the W. Had they lost that game with the way KC played, the death spiral may have been impossible to pull out of.  I suspect KC might not recover either after losing to the Giants and the Bills in consecutive weeks playing like they did.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Just now, Marty McFly said:

I think so. Those 5 picks really altered things. If we won vs la and we lost to the chiefs with the rookie starting youd be saying the same thing. "Are you saying Tyrod wins the chiefs game?"

He aint the best but drop the agenda. Tt and Shady vs the worst running defense in the league? We coulda hit them with so many run/qb option/ pass plays theyre heads wudve spun off.

You can safety take 3 of those picks and turn them into 5 to 15 yard sacks for Taylor hat he could not overcome but once in 10 

Just now, Marty McFly said:

Chargers are on an upswing, Chiefs are falling harder than the Bills.

I think you're reaching, and if the Bills miss the playoff's you'll be blaming McBeane and saying Tyrod would have won that Chargers game, a nice little out for you.  It might make you feel better but you'll be wrong.

But that's ok, a lot of ppl believe silly stuff to make themselves feel better, billions of ppl on this planet do it everyday...

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You can safety take 3 of those picks and turn them into 5 to 15 yard sacks for Taylor hat he could not overcome but once in 10 

Using that logic you can add 2 tds taylor wouldve created in the 1st half and then take the 20 points off the scoreboard that the chargers got from turnovers. We win. CoT wins. Suck it!!

1 minute ago, T-Bomb said:

Chargers are on an upswing, Chiefs are falling harder than the Bills.

I think you're reaching, and if the Bills miss the playoff's you'll be blaming McBeane and saying Tyrod would have won that Chargers game, a nice little out for you.  It might make you feel better but you'll be wrong.

But that's ok, a lot of ppl believe silly stuff to make themselves feel better, billions of ppl on this planet do it everyday...

Yeah you believed we would lose vs kc, then since we won you rationalize it by down playing the win cuz the chiefs arent playing well,thats a nice little out 4 you. I see what you mean. :lol::lol:

3 minutes ago, Marty McFly said:

Using that logic you can add 2 tds taylor wouldve created in the 1st half and then take the 20 points off the scoreboard that the chargers got from turnovers. We win. CoT wins. Suck it!!

Yeah you believed we would lose vs kc, then since we won you rationalize it by down playing the win cuz the chiefs arent playing well,thats a nice little out 4 you. I see what you mean. :lol::lol:

It's not an out for me, it's just reality.  The Chiefs are simply not a very good team right now, the Chargers are playing quite well as of late.

6 minutes ago, Marty McFly said:

How would he do that when he's going 3 and out all the time? 

is this a new thing?  Suck it!! 

15 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

How would he do that when he's going 3 and out all the time? 

is this a new thing?  Suck it!! 

If you throw enough passes to your team without throwing it for the wrong team sometimes you score touchdowns and win games. Ask petermen and his acolytes of ball washers, theyll tell you.

Punt > INT

Hoping the Chargers win the AFC West.  They play Oakland and KC and have a relatively easy remaining schedule.  

Bills have tie breaker on all the other teams in that division.

Ravens have a very easy schedule other than Steelers game and have to hope that Bengals or Lions can knock them off as it appears Ravens have inside track if record is tied with Bills.

Jags have a very easy schedule so if they don't win their division, they have a very good chance of one of the wild card spots.

I know anything is possible in the next coming weeks, but I think that the Bills best chance is 4 wins in last 5 games.  

Otherwise, they will probably be on outside looking in.

At least Bills are playing meaningful games in December.  Jets and Miami probably can't say the same.

4 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

Or did the Bills just catch the Chiefs right before they switch to their rookie QB?

This win was a good illustration of the only type of win Taylor can produce.  The defense HAS to show up, and he has to be playing either a bad QB, or a QB that is having a bad day or is in a slump.  Either way, he can only consistently win games where he doesn't have to go off and produce much of anything other than a handful of plays to RB's & TE's with a few token throws to wideouts and a couple dozen rushing yards.

The number of sub 200 yard passing games that he has leading to wins must be some type of NFL record :)

It's a good bet this is not the type of situation he will find himself in next week unless the defense knocks Brady out early and Taylor gets to face off against Hoyer.

Switching to a rookie QB. We all know that that could turn out. It’s much more respectable that we beat KC with Alex Smith.

44 minutes ago, Marty McFly said:

If you throw enough passes to your team without throwing it for the wrong team sometimes you score touchdowns and win games. Ask petermen and his acolytes of ball washers, theyll tell you.

Punt > INT

Wake me up when Tyrod does these things..   Thanks. 

2 hours ago, bigduke6 said:

when its the best daft for QBs in a decade,  yes,  its about draft picks.

its about how much ammo you have to move up the draft, and finally find a passing QB.

a QB who plays the position like its meant to be played

a QB who gives the team the best chance to win a title.........not merely make the wildcard, then get destroyed because,  well,  youre offense is one dimensional.

Does this mean you'd rather not make the playoffs this year if you had a choice?

Conference win against a team in playoff contention - check

...against a team picked by many to be a frontrunner in the AFC - check

moved us to a winning record in late November which we're not used to - check

the opponent that lost owns one of our picks next year - check

the AFC is weak this year and 9 wins could be enough for the playoffs - check

you know, I guess I can't find any reason as to why this would be a meaningful win for a team dealing with the worst playoff drought in football...

Edited by Hurricane Marv

5 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

Or did the Bills just catch the Chiefs right before they switch to their rookie QB?

This win was a good illustration of the only type of win Taylor can produce.  The defense HAS to show up, and he has to be playing either a bad QB, or a QB that is having a bad day or is in a slump.  Either way, he can only consistently win games where he doesn't have to go off and produce much of anything other than a handful of plays to RB's & TE's with a few token throws to wideouts and a couple dozen rushing yards.

The number of sub 200 yard passing games that he has leading to wins must be some type of NFL record :)

It's a good bet this is not the type of situation he will find himself in next week unless the defense knocks Brady out early and Taylor gets to face off against Hoyer.

Only if you want it to be. 

5 minutes ago, nucci said:

Does this mean you'd rather not make the playoffs this year if you had a choice?

It would be a meaningless playoff berth.