Why Taylor can't be the QB longterm---perfect example today

Big Turk

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

How so? We get no credit for beating teams that were totally hot at the time because later they werent, we get no credit for beating teams that were once hot because they weren't hot when we played them, and we get no credit for beating teams that were hot at the time AND are good now and good overall. How does that make sense?

It might be unfair but it makes sense.

Have we beat a team that was hot and maintained consistency?

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It might be unfair but it makes sense.

Have we beat a team that was hot and maintained consistency?

There are only three teams in the league that have done that. So no team out of 32 gets any credit for any win that was not against the Patriots, Eagles or Saints?

4 hours ago, Thurman Kelly said:

Didn't see these things?  Maybe you weren't looking for them.  Wait for the All 22's and watch the game again.  It will be an eye opener for you.

He does not watch the 22 to get a opinion IMO. In a different thread he stated...

Go to the play by play and read for yourself.......

7 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

There are only three teams in the league that have done that. So no team out of 32 gets any credit for any win that was not against the Patriots, Eagles or Saints?

No...that's not what I'm saying.

The Falcons lost 4 out of last 5 when the Bills beat them during that stretch.  They weren't playing good football.  Averaging something like 16 points per game that stretch.  In their losses, I think it was around 13 ppg.

The Raiders lost 5 out of their last 6 in that stretch.  They weren't playing good football.

The Chiefs have lost now 5 out of their last 6.  They are playing as bad as you can play.  

The Broncos now have lost 8 our of their last 9.  They are playing as bad as you can play.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

No...that's not what I'm saying.

The Falcons lost 4 out of last 5 when the Bills beat them during that stretch.  They weren't playing good football.  Averaging something like 16 points per game that stretch.  In their losses, I think it was around 13 ppg.

The Raiders lost 5 out of their last 6 in that stretch.  They weren't playing good football.

The Chiefs have lost now 5 out of their last 6.  They are playing as bad as you can play.  

The Broncos now have lost 8 our of their last 9.  They are playing as bad as you can play.

Until they played the Bills they were playing great football. If they started that stretch before they played the Bills it would be different. So you're saying that the Bills shouldnt get credit for beating three or four different teams that were playing good to great football because sometime between their last strong win and the opening kickoff against the Bills they became bad?!

3 hours ago, Bills757 said:

Take a look at Dak Prescott. Elliot’s not playing and all of a sudden he’s a mere mortal. They’re Oline is still the same Oline and he has a pretty good receivers. Up to the Cowboys recent struggles, i bet a ton of posters on this board would’ve given their left arm for a guy like Prescott. This week he was something like 20-29 for 170+ and two picks.  If a QB doesn’t have a solid supporting cast, it can change the whole dynamic. 

The Bills can get rid of Taylor but they still have to have the receivers and an Oline. They don’t magically improve with a change at QB. 

It seems like Dak's game is very similar to Tyrod's. Cowboys fans are equally divided on him as we are with Tyrod. Point is Dak was in the MVP discussion with that team last year. Why? because it's a team sport, and Dak played to his team strengths perfectly.

What strengths do the Bills have? Shady, a poor offensive line, and Nick O'Leary looks like his best receiving target :wacko:.

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Until they played the Bills they were playing great football. If they started that stretch before they played the Bills it would be different. So you're saying that the Bills shouldnt get credit for beating three or four different teams that were playing good to great football because sometime between their last strong win and the opening kickoff against the Bills they became bad?!

The Raiders and Chiefs were not playing great football before playing the Bills.  They were actually playing really poorly, especially the Chiefs.  Chiefs lost 4 out of their last 5, including the winless Giants, before playing Buffalo.  The Raiders lost 4 out of their last 5 as well before playing Buffalo.

The Broncos game certainly doesn't look impressive anymore.  They are just simply a bad football team.

The Falcons are probably their best win.  I'm not saying they don't deserve credit but the Falcons were in a bad funk at that time.  

It's not that these teams need to win like the Eagles/Saints/Rams/Pats.....but we caught them before and after major skids.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The Raiders and Chiefs were not playing great football before playing the Bills.  They were actually playing really poorly, especially the Chiefs.  Chiefs lost 4 out of their last 5, including the winless Giants, before playing Buffalo.  The Raiders lost 4 out of their last 5 as well before playing Buffalo.

The Broncos game certainly doesn't look impressive anymore.  They are just simply a bad football team.

The Falcons are probably their best win.  I'm not saying they don't deserve credit but the Falcons were in a bad funk at that time.  

It's not that these teams need to win like the Eagles/Saints/Rams/Pats.....but we caught them before and after major skids.

How can you say the Falcons were in a bad funk at the time? They were one of two unbeaten teams! The previous week the Broncos were one of few unbeaten teams. The Raiders came to Buffalo fresh off a game where they beat the Chiefs who were the hottest team in the league at that time and Derek Carr had returned from injury and threw for 417 yards.

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

How can you say the Falcons were in a bad funk at the time? They were one of two unbeaten teams! The previous week the Broncos were one of few unbeaten teams. The Raiders came to Buffalo fresh off a game where they beat the Chiefs who were the hottest team in the league at that time and Derek Carr had returned from injury and threw for 417 yards.

The Falcons went into a funk after the Bills game.  They lost 3 of their next 4 after losing to the Bills.  Their high powered offense in those losses scored an average of 13 points per game.  They've gotten back on track now but for that 5 game period...they were playing poorly.

Do the Broncos not scream fraud to you now?  They are one of the worst teams in the league.  

The Chiefs have lost 5 out of their last 6.  So the Raiders beat them and that's their only win since early October.    Their only win is against the Broncos who are terrible right now.

IMO...we have caught a lot of these teams at the right time.  

Should teams get credit for beating the Bills in 2011 when they started off hot?  They were 5-2 but finished 6-10.  We were actually a good team?

The Falcons went into a funk after the Bills game.  They lost 3 of their next 4 after losing to the Bills.  Their high powered offense in those losses scored an average of 13 points per game.  They've gotten back on track now but for that 5 game period...they were playing poorly.

Do the Broncos not scream fraud to you now?  They are one of the worst teams in the league.  

The Chiefs have lost 5 out of their last 6.  So the Raiders beat them and that's their only win since early October.    Their only win is against the Broncos who are terrible right now.

IMO...we have caught a lot of these teams at the right time.  

Should teams get credit for beating the Bills in 2011 when they started off hot?  They were 5-2 but finished 6-10.  We were actually a good team?

Most NFL teams, including good ones, go through slow stretches. My point is you don't want to give credit to teams that played well before we played them because they were lousy, even though they were undefeated. Do teams not get credit for beating the Chargers when they were apparently lousy even though they weren't?

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Most NFL teams, including good ones, go through slow stretches. My point is you don't want to give credit to teams that played well before we played them because they were lousy, even though they were undefeated. Do teams not get credit for beating the Chargers when they were apparently lousy even though they weren't?

If it's a few game stretch, that's fine.  These teams were playing pretty badly for longer stretches....the Chiefs, Raiders and Broncos have played poorly now for 6 weeks or so?

The Chargers were lousy but now better.  Just because they are better now doesn't mean they weren't lousy before.  

The Chiefs and Raiders were not playing well before playing the Bills.

If it's a few game stretch, that's fine.  These teams were playing pretty badly for longer stretches....the Chiefs, Raiders and Broncos have played poorly now for 6 weeks or so?

The Chargers were lousy but now better.  Just because they are better now doesn't mean they weren't lousy before.  

The Chiefs and Raiders were not playing well before playing the Bills.

The Raiders played very well the game before. People thought we were going to get killed by Carr who just rediscovered Amari Cooper coming off a 200 yard game. My point is only that you're implying that POST Bills, all of the Broncos, Falcons, Raiders showed they were in some sort of freefall versus the possibility they were playing very well up until that and the Bills caused part of that downfall by beating them up. Like somehow after their 8 straight collective wins but before they played the Bills they started that downfall. That makes no sense to me.

I'm not saying the Bills are a very good team. They're not. They're a 500 team. But they should get credit for their wins.

35 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The Falcons were playing so well that they actually beat the Bills in the alternate good-officiating universe. In all my years as a Bills fan, I have never seen them be gifted a victory like that. That sack/fumble call was outrageously bad, but hey, I'll take it. 

11 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The Raiders played very well the game before. People thought we were going to get killed by Carr who just rediscovered Amari Cooper coming off a 200 yard game. My point is only that you're implying that POST Bills, all of the Broncos, Falcons, Raiders showed they were in some sort of freefall versus the possibility they were playing very well up until that and the Bills caused part of that downfall by beating them up. Like somehow after their 8 straight collective wins but before they played the Bills they started that downfall. That makes no sense to me.

I'm not saying the Bills are a very good team. They're not. They're a 500 team. But they should get credit for their wins.

Am I driving you crazy right now?

• Like (+1) 1